Ratings for Dr. A. Shier

This man should retire and let a younger, more knowledgeable doctor take over. He has no interest in my aunt's concerns. When she complains about her memory loss, he says "that's what happens when you get old!" There is treatment for dementia! She also suffers with depression, and he just tells her to get out more often. I seriously believe he is still practicing just for the money.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

My mother died a few months ago because of him. She was complaining of abdominal pain for months and he refused to refer her to a specialist. Just kept her doped up on painkillers. Finally, she was rushed to the Delta hospital and they discovered colon cancer but by then it was too late and had spread to all her organs.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

The worst!! His misdiagnosis was based on total incompetence and lack of following worldwide standards, which was made very clear to me after I first checked the internet, contacted the Canadian Lung Association, and then saw another doctor. He only books 5 minute appointments, no matter what. He truly does not care. Enough already - RETIRE!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2011

I saw Dr Shier for a company medical. Blood pressure test: he pulled off the cuff as soon as it pressured up and said "good - it's 120/80". He hadn't even done the second half of the reading!! Then the form I had asked for a BMI (body mass index). All you need is a height and weight measurement. He said "he had never heard of it before and wouldn't do it". If that's the case then he is the only doctor on the planet that has never heard of it. The BC Medical Association should review his license. That's a fact. Don't use him.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2011

We just brought our 20 month old son in with blisters on his tongue and on his legs. Dr Shier "He bit his tongue". Second opinion today " Hand Foot and Mouth Disease" as we susupected.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011

Dr. Shier is Unthoughtful and unconsiderate. He deals with you as if you were a dumb person. In his demanor he is arrogant. If he is knowlegable it doesn't show, he is impatient and not caring in short he should be a banker as far as I am concerned. Compassion and care are not his calling. Truly not a good doctor at all!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2011

He's always been grear with myself but I am a male so I do not see Mr Shier a great deal!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

This doctor's reputation in Delta is terrible. He has caused much distress with patients as his lack of up-to-date medical knowledge is not acceptable. He is beyond his medical practicing years. He must stop and retire.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2011

Dr. Shier should retire. Told me I didn't need a pap test 3 years ago because I has a hysterectomy & then this year he told me I need to still have paps because I can still get ovarian cancer & it's better to be safe, he always errors on the side of caution - yeah right. Brushes off concerns very quickly. His nurse is no better, she is very very rude!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2010

This doctor needs to retire from the medical care system in Delta. He is incomptent, could care less, in it for the money.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2010