Ratings for Dr. John Hancock

You will be missed. You were extremely caring and you listened to me when others didn’t. I had you as mine and my kids doc for over twenty years. I’m heartbroken to hear you passed. ❤️ RIP sir. Til we meet again

flag | Submitted June 25, 2018

RIP. You were our family's doctor for many years, and will be missed.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2018

R.I.P Doc’ John. You were the best, and helped me through a ton of bad times over twenty years of being your patient. Thank you SO much for your empathy and professionalism, and much welcomed chats. I’ll miss you incredibly, like no doubt so many others will. Jon

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

Excellent physician. Perhaps people should have some compassion & empathy, and look beyond their own selfishness to realize there may have been a valid health related reason for his sudden retirement. Shame on you. An excellent, competent physician who will be missed.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

After being a patient of Dr. Hancock's since the day he took over the practice in Parksville I was very sorry that the staff did not have the courtesy to notify his patients by phone or letter that he was retiring. I found out by accident and had to retrieve my records from safe storage in Ontario at the cost of $120. each for me and my husband. I liked him as a doctor but that was a poor finish.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2018

Retired and had to find out by phoning to set up an appointment for my annual physical. Very poor professionalism. People I have talked to about this are surprised I did not get a letter saying he had retired, me too. Try finding a doctor. Good luck.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Had him for years as a family GP, sad to see him retire.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2017

Have been pleased with Dr Hancock through my husband and my health problems. Refers when needed and has always been very helpful. Knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

If you have more than one problem, you have to keep going back for each. Cannot renew a prescription at the same time you are seeing him for another problem. Seems to be such a waste of time for everyone. Would hate to be old & semi house bound if you can only see him for one problem at a time.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

Dr Hancock has been my doctor since I was born. He is very knowledgeable and straight forward. He explains everything to me very clearly and always answers all the questions I have. I have never felt rushed during an appointment, he will go later if it means giving me the information I need. I have had mental health issues and he has always been great about encouraging me to go to addional services, and will refer me when it is not his area of expertise. He is also the doctor of my 2 year old son. He is great with children. I also love having a doctor that keeps up to date with all the lastest information, especially with my sons appointments. There have been some negative comments towards him but I will not critique him on his character, I will critique him on being a general practitioner, which he is excellent at.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016