Ratings for Dr. John Hancock

Retired and had to find out by phoning to set up an appointment for my annual physical. Very poor professionalism. People I have talked to about this are surprised I did not get a letter saying he had retired, me too. Try finding a doctor. Good luck.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Had him for years as a family GP, sad to see him retire.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2017

Have been pleased with Dr Hancock through my husband and my health problems. Refers when needed and has always been very helpful. Knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

If you have more than one problem, you have to keep going back for each. Cannot renew a prescription at the same time you are seeing him for another problem. Seems to be such a waste of time for everyone. Would hate to be old & semi house bound if you can only see him for one problem at a time.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

Dr Hancock has been my doctor since I was born. He is very knowledgeable and straight forward. He explains everything to me very clearly and always answers all the questions I have. I have never felt rushed during an appointment, he will go later if it means giving me the information I need. I have had mental health issues and he has always been great about encouraging me to go to addional services, and will refer me when it is not his area of expertise. He is also the doctor of my 2 year old son. He is great with children. I also love having a doctor that keeps up to date with all the lastest information, especially with my sons appointments. There have been some negative comments towards him but I will not critique him on his character, I will critique him on being a general practitioner, which he is excellent at.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Dr Hancock has been my GP for over 20 years. He definitely has an edge and an attitude, sometimes it even comes to us arguing. That being said, I trust his expertise and he genuinely cares about his patients and spends time to assess them and their situation and doesn't give band aid fixes. His level of knowledge is evident every time we meet, and I feel very comfortable with him.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

To say that John Hancock is rude is an understatement,he is also moody and self centered,I'm sure that his medical knowledge is more than 3 stars ,you have to be with him when the moon is in his favor his biggest concern in life is money,he is always on about how little money he can make,too bad ,he should have been a roofer

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

I recently accompanied a woman in her 80's to Dr. Hancock's office. She was in a lot of pain so I was there to be sure she got some help for that and some answers about treatment. I found the doctor to be friendly until he was asked too many questions. He soon appeared to be irritated and became quite dismissive. In the end, he let his elderly patient go home with a minimum of information about resources that would help her manage her serious back injury. And to date, he has still not followed up with her. I find this to be reprehesible. I would never go to him for medical care.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2012

dr.hancock has got to be the most arrogant man I've ever met. i unfortunately had him through out my teenage years, at the best of times he was rude and dismissive and at worst he was inappropriete and down right hostile. A lot of the issues i had he would explain away as me being overweight, which I'm not, rather then actually taking the time to look into my problems. he also has a very strict 10 minute appointment schedule and won't deal with multiple issues within one appointment no matter how small. Biggest issue i had with him was during my college years, the college i attended required a doctors note when classes were missed due to illness. apparently Dr. Hancock is far to superior to be writing notes and actually starting swearing at me when i made this request. i sincerely hope this man retires soon.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

many years of helping me through the difficulties of life with good referals

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012