Ratings for Dr. Ansell Chu

Bedside manners are definitely not his strong suit. He is very direct and to the point with his questions and with your answers you provide. Even though I felt like I was wasting my time for him, he examined me from head to toe and actually found a problem I wasn't even aware about. He even went out of his way to phone another specialist to expedite my need to see a neurosurgeon. Don't go there for a friendly banter, go there to get results.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Absolutely the worst Doctor I have seen!! Doesn't listen or care!!! Very arrogant!! I informative!! My first visit several months ago, would not go back! Total waste of time!!!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2016

Wasting MSP Funds, totally waste of time, won't listen to you at all, writes lies about pain. Haven't come across a Dr. like him before. Felt more sick after seeing him. Will never see this man again. I complained about him to my G.P not to refer patient's to him. Made me cry, was so scared to be examined by him, thought might hurt me. Very depressing to come across Dr. like him. Very poor with his work, not professional at all.

Submitted November 28, 2015

Very unprofessional Dr. , do not waste time visiting this Dr. More concerned about other things than pain. Does not listen to you at all, unnecessary questions that is not related to pain. Putting other physician down by saying not knowing what they are doing. Very difficult Dr. to talk to.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

Not impressed with this Dr's bedside manners .. questioned me and made me feel like an idiot for answering him. Just as I was ready to walk out of the room is when he decided that he would be a little nicer to me ... got through the testing and left -- will not be seeing this dr again.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

Excellent doctor! Smart, kind, professional, great advocate! The office staff are kind beyond belief too!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

I have seen Dr. Chu, and was very satisfied with his practice. I was not involved with an ICBC case, and because of that I received better care then I otherwise feel I would. I could tell his practice was setup to revolve around ICBC claims, and his demeanor visibly changed into a more relaxed state as soon as I told him this was not related to anything to do with ICBC. He treated me very well, he was NOT cold or impersonal. He did not suggest/offer/push botox even though it is a pseudo treatment for my problem(s) and sold through his office. He was very thorough, and clear in what he said. He wanted to be sure I understood. His staff were above average for the trade. I have seen many many many doctors over the years, and I would see him again as long as it was not for anything related to ICBC. It is a sad fact, but with our current medical system when a doctor deals with ICBC they have to go through hoops to keep it up, and to help their patient (even it it seems contrary.)

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

Dr. CHU made me feel like an idiot. He was not very nice and my first visit with him was not pleasant. I was not very happy the way he was treated me. Very disappointed with my first appointment with him.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

I see what some people mean when they say he's not friendly, but he's there to do a job, not sympathize and hold your hand. He is straightforward, very knowledgeable, and very thorough, and because of this was able to diagnose my problem that 6 doctors before him had been unable to help me with. I am very thankful and find him to be very trustworthy.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2012