Ratings for Dr. Ansel L. Chu

Either works for or fears the insurance companies. Should be stripped of his license.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Dr. Chu was extremely rude and belittled me in his office!!! He treated me with disrespect and I just could be I've how he talked to me!!! No impressed with him at all! Very, very rude and does not put on his notes what you say!!!!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

I went to see Dr. Chou a few weeks ago!!!! He treated me with disrespect and was extremely rude in is interview office!!!! The exam went ok, but the way he talked to me was a horrible experience!!!! I will not see or recommend him!!!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

I had been warned by a friend before going to Dr. Chu that his bedside manner is lacking but that he is thorough, he really listens, and he gets the job done. My experience showed that comment to be spot on. I can see how people could be offended: he asked almost the same question over and over, he gave very few visual clues that he was actually engaged in the discussion, and there were frequent extended pauses in the conversation. What I noticed, however, is that "same question" was in fact him probing at an issue from multiple angles to get a full picture of the problem. The aspect of receiving no visual clues and pauses were him busy processing information, like he was in his head searching through a data bank and didn't have time for essentially idle chatter. There was no disrespect from him, no rudeness. He was a highly focused man on a mission, and he was the first doc in MANY years to give me relief for my chronic pain. Don't go to Dr. Chu to be coddled. Go to him for results.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

These positive comments have to have been written by the doctor. This doctor is not nice at all. He is beyond "bedside manners not being his strong suit", he is straight up abusive. Treated my injury like it was some kind of joke. Completely insulted by the lack of care he gave to my well being, when I tried to trust him to help me to feel better. Never again will I be humiliated and insulted by a doctor like this, I will just walk out it's just complete waste of time. Wont be going back that's for sure there is something defiantly wrong with him.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

I love Dr.Chu. He is straightforward, knowledgeable, and helpful about such a complex disease. I can not find any other Dr to talk to or treat my chronic pain/fibromyalgia and he does. He listens and and asks questions and offers suggestions. If it didn't help last visit we try something different. And if it is helping we keep doing what works. I've been seeing him every six weeks for a couple years now and look forward to seeing him and his friendly staff every time!!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

Bedside manners are definitely not his strong suit. He is very direct and to the point with his questions and with your answers you provide. Even though I felt like I was wasting my time for him, he examined me from head to toe and actually found a problem I wasn't even aware about. He even went out of his way to phone another specialist to expedite my need to see a neurosurgeon. Don't go there for a friendly banter, go there to get results.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Absolutely the worst Doctor I have seen!! Doesn't listen or care!!! Very arrogant!! I informative!! My first visit several months ago, would not go back! Total waste of time!!!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2016

Wasting MSP Funds on this Dr. was too scared to be examined by him, he was so negative thought might hurt me. Complained to my G.P not to refer any patient's to him. Made me feel more depressed and sick afterwards, hopeless man. Wrote lies about my pain, terrible person. Made me cry in his clinic, horrible man. Never came across anyone like him before.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2015

Wasting MSP Funds, totally waste of time, won't listen to you at all, writes lies about pain. Haven't come across a Dr. like him before. Felt more sick after seeing him. Will never see this man again. I complained about him to my G.P not to refer patient's to him. Made me cry, was so scared to be examined by him, thought might hurt me. Very depressing to come across Dr. like him. Very poor with his work, not professional at all.

Submitted November 28, 2015