Ratings for Dr. Richard Black

I've been to Dr. Black for a long time, and never had an issue. With me, he's quick to refer to a specialist if he feels it's necessary - rather than try to mess around out of his area of expertise. He does seem to take a lot of time away these days, but he's had a few NPs that I have found helpful. The office staff are definitely lacking - there have been times when they have not been helpful.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

not compasionate at all to my situation.just was more interested in getting me off my pain meds. that Dr. Black had given me for 11 years and now that I am dying of liver failure he choosses this time to reduce my pain meds. I cant believe he could be so uncaring after all this time. He would not even come in to talk with me and my wife, when he knew how upset I was.So guess I just have to stay at home and pass away in pain and my mother is also dying and now I cant even go be with her as my pain is too much to handle. I also had some vacation book ed with my wife as I feel this my be my last summer and now how am I going to manage this with less pain meds.I agree with all the rest of the blogs that Chris is very rude at times and she thinks she owns the office. I sad to say the I cant believe Dr, Black could do this to me after all he knows what I have been threw in the past 11 years.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Dr. Black has literally been my doctor since before I was born (he did my Mom's prenatal care while she was pregnant with me) and I now see him and his AMAZING nurse practitioner Beth for myself and my young son. They always listen and take concerns seriously without being alarmist. Beth is incredibly thorough and has become our primary care provider. I cannot say enough good things about them.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Chris needs to go, ruining Dr. Black's reputation by her uncaring and condescending attitude

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Dr. Black and his staff have gone above and beyond to care for myself and my family. Getting an appointment is not difficult and I haven't had to wait long to see Dr. Black. He listens to me and has been super with my children that are not always cooperative. His staff is very helpful and friendly. We feel very blessed to be taken care of by everyone in his office.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

Dr. Black is great. However the nurse practitioner, Beth, is incompetent. Do not see her! She has messed up on lots of paper work, sending me for the wrong blood tests. Has failed to set the necessary pre natal ultrasounds I need. Very frustrating.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

I was a patient of Dr. Black's for 15+ years. He has in the past been a very caring and helpful doctor. But I have found it the past few years his services in the medical industry very unhelpful. His staff picks and chooses who to be nice to, or rude to. I've had both positive and negative experiences. Mostly of late being negative. He is more interested in vacations of late, I understand and its great he is a part of the doctors without borders, but it's so difficult to get appointments, Chris is getting ruder as she gets older, you do hear a lot of personal stuff from the staff lately, which makes it hard to see them as professionals. His wife Wendy no longer works in the office which I think is a good thing because she is uncaring to others struggles. He does not like giving you pain killers even if you prove to him you don't abuse them. Anyone with psychiatric issues even on a long term basis after a while gets pushed back no matter how much or how long you go to him asking for referrals to other professionals. I have found throughout the years his service and care for his patients have declined. Every time I see him now he is in his office eating, or leaving for a walk and leaves all the work to his nurse practitioner. I used to really enjoy going to his office but have found it not to be so nice now. I would recommend him it may be time to retire his service. Very disappointed. Have left his office for another dr., but she is not much better. Don't go to the McMaster Medical office in the new building on Main St W., they are even worse. Really searching for a new doctor who listens to my concerns and is willing also to help in psychiatric issues also, including referrals to specialists, willing to help with pain management and other concerns. Would not recommend his services any longer.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

Dr blacks office is a JOKE!!! A nightmare to get an appointment, and a bigger nightmare dealing with the ignorant receptionist chris...when you do finally get through, your 30 second appt with Dr Black leaves you feeling neglected and slighted... He should retire and close his practice instead of grinding it slowly into the ground... Good luck to chris finding new employment, because no decent office should hire her!!!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Dr. Black is a great doctor and I would highly recommend him to anyone. His staff is rude, short with patients and have probably been in their jobs too long! If you can get by his staff without losing your mind, then you'll be fine!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

I have been with Dr. Black as far back as I can remember [25+ years] and I have always had great experiences with almost all his staff. I don't even bother asking for an appointment of information if I get his wife Wendy. Chris is and has always been fantastic in getting me in when needed. Very happy with his care with the exception of his wife. Very hopeful his Son will take me when he retires.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015