Ratings for Dr. John Cooper

Great doctor, WORRST receptionist I have ever seen

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

Dr. Cooper delivered my baby via C-section and he was amazing! He created a very calming environment in the OR. Top notch doctor!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

I commend Dr. Cooper and his staff. They held my hand through a difficult time and showed a level of compassion and care that I was truly thankful for. They took the time to explain what to expect, and they didn't rush through information. I would highly recommend Dr. Cooper, he has excellent bedside manner. His wife Elaine is the perfect compliment to his office team; as well as their awesome receptionist, Eileen, who is right on the mark!! How refreshing it is to know that in this area of medicine, women can go to an office and receive such a excellent standard of care. Thank you.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

What a lovely man. Dr. Cooper is caring and charming - an outstanding doctor. He took an excellent and thorough history, explained the procedure and went out of his way to make sure I was informed and comfortable. He was remarkably gentle and I felt absolutely no discomfort. It was not a complicated procedure, and one I've had before but this time - not a twinge. His nurse was a delight as well. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

I have been in Dr. Cooper's care for almost 10 years, before, during and after having my children. He's an incredibly caring, knowledgeable and friendly doctor. To trust someone with your fertility and while going through high-risk pregnancies, I cannot say enough good things about this man. He is a wonderful doctor, who seems to care deeply about his patients as well as their families. He is a solid, knowledgeable and caring doctor to lean on during difficult times. His friend and staff can be a bit rushed and difficult to get a hold of, but seeing how busy he his friend and staff can be a bit rushed and difficult to get a hold of, but he is worth the wait.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2015

no good for complex endometriosis. He has been smiling and kind but does not make referrals he says he will make and does not make phone calls he says he will make. I don't know if it's him or his help, but when there is pain involved, people being kind to your face then disregarding you is worse than out and out contempt. I am left waiting for help that was never on the way. He also ran for the Christian Heritage party a few years ago. He is a gynecologist who is anti abortion, so that's a thing to know. I wish we had another option.

Submitted September 3, 2015

My original Ob/Gyn went on hiatus for research and I was able to get Dr Cooper as my Ob for my very high risk pregnancy. His care ensured my daughter arrived safely. I have him again with my current pregnancy and care in between babies and cannot express enough how wonderful it is to have the best knowledge and skills in caring for myself and my baby. His consultations arent rushed and he cares not only about why you are there but you as a person. His staff are always supportive and helpful.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Have had such wonderful experiences with Dr. Cooper and his wife. During a difficult time they showed me compassion. And during my next pregnancy they knew I was scared but comforted me and allowed me to come back for a follow up to continue to ensure the pregnancy was going well. Very kind and helpful doctor and ultrasound tech. :) Always on time, and a more esthetic looking place than nasty hospitals or VIHA ultrasound places.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

I went into VGH with prolonged bleeding due to a fibroid tumour, I wish I could say I even met the man, but instead of taking the time to even exam me, he sent me home with a prescription for triple dose of birth control pills. Had he taken the time to speak to me he would have known this practice did not work with a previous fibroid. I felt unimportant and discarded when I was sent away from VGH still bleeding. If this was an open wound that wouldn't stop bleeding he would have stopped it. If this was a man bleeding from his member 24/7 it would have been dealt with immediately. The fact that he couldn't be bothered to take the time and get my history just proves that this type of man has no business dealing with women's issues. He based his decision to do nothing over the phone with the ER doctor, discarding me like the speculum used to examine me. Shame on you Dr. Cooper, I think you should re-examine your professional priorities,

flag | Submitted March 7, 2015

Avoided me when I needed answers. Rushed through my initial appointment and left me feeling unheard. Consent papers were filled out wrong and I had to correct the procedure being done!!!!! Was away for my booked c-section. I heard the nurses say he was still out of town while I was waiting in the hospital. Waited all day and was finally sent home. +++added stress. He never did do my operation. Very dispointed.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015