Ratings for Dr. John Cooper

I cannot say enough about this wonderful man. He is a true gentleman and one of the most respectful and kind doctors I have ever encountered. I saw him for a pregnancy consultation after a recent unfortunate experience with another local obstetrician. What a difference! This man listens, cares about your concerns, and actually involves you when he makes a plan. I have a good friend who is a nurse and she says that Dr. Cooper is considered one of the absolutely best surgeons in Victoria. Most of the hospital staff choose to see him if they need an obstetrician. I am not surprised. I feel like I am in very good hands, which is very important in a pregnancy. Thanks Dr. Cooper!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

I am currently seeing Dr. Cooper for multiple miscarriages. In person he is amazing and makes you feel so comfortable and like he will be with you every step of the way. I was told to contact him as soon as I got pregnant again as he wants to be involved from day 1. A few months later I got a very faint positive pregnancy test and called his office. I heard back from the receptionist that day to confirm details but then I had to call his office AGAIN to request the blood test requisition. Turns out that it was a chemical pregnancy and when the nurse called to tell me there was no sympathy in her voice. When I asked if there was anything else we could do she just said "keep trying". It's now been 4 months and I called with a concern on Friday. I was told he was out of the office till Tuesday, but now it's been a week and still no call to answer my question. At this point I feel incredibly alone and like he isn't in my corner at all. He's amazing and comforting in person but once you are out of his office it's terrible.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

We have had two babies delivered by Dr Cooper. He has a terrific bedside manner and assisted us through complications where we would have wanted no one else.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2018

Dr Cooper is gentle, amiable and knowledgeable in the office; he's also a capable surgeon. It's rare to find a doctor as kind and genuine, who makes time to listen and who values his patient's opinions and wishes.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr. Cooper twice and was wonderfully pleased with him and his staff. Staff was friendly and Dr. Cooper was caring and understand. I had great success with this physician. Twice I was trying to have another child and right after his treat and I mean not long, I conceived. Both babies are healthy teenagers now. Thank you Dr. Cooper!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

Saw Dr. Copper after have a terrible experience with another Doctor. He listened to my concerns, explained what I have and worked out a plan to get better/fix it. I didn't feel rushed or belittled with my questions. He is a wonderful Doctor and I would recommend him to anyone that needs to find someone in this field of medicine.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Dr. Cooper is a true professional. Like many others have said, his bed side manner is kind and reassuring. Never makes you feel rushed out of his office. Explains everything very well. I am so glad to be in his care. I have never met a more compassionate doctor. I have found the receptionist to be very helpful and has a great sense of humour. She always gets the information back to you in a timely manner. I have never been to a specialist of any sort that will respond to your emails or questions like Dr. Cooper does. He has always gotten back to me asap. Unheard of in this day and age.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

De cooper great dr however his reception is horrible and yells at you

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

I was particularly impressed by the follow ups by his assistant : she had prepared a post-op sheet with enough information on it to answer all the questions that came up, saving me some anguish.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

I feel lucky to be Dr. Cooper's patient. He listens, he explains and has a wonderful bedside manner. I highly recommend this doctor!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017