You may also like

Ratings for Dr. John Cooper

I commend Dr. Cooper and his staff. They held my hand through a difficult time and showed a level of compassion and care that I was truly thankful for. They took the time to explain what to expect, and they didn't rush through information. I would highly recommend Dr. Cooper, he has excellent bedside manner. His wife Elaine is the perfect compliment to his office team; as well as their awesome receptionist, Eileen, who is right on the mark!! How refreshing it is to know that in this area of medicine, women can go to an office and receive such a excellent standard of care. Thank you.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

What a lovely man. Dr. Cooper is caring and charming - an outstanding doctor. He took an excellent and thorough history, explained the procedure and went out of his way to make sure I was informed and comfortable. He was remarkably gentle and I felt absolutely no discomfort. It was not a complicated procedure, and one I've had before but this time - not a twinge. His nurse was a delight as well. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

I have been in Dr. Cooper's care for almost 10 years, before, during and after having my children. He's an incredibly caring, knowledgeable and friendly doctor. To trust someone with your fertility and while going through high-risk pregnancies, I cannot say enough good things about this man. He is a wonderful doctor, who seems to care deeply about his patients as well as their families. He is a solid, knowledgeable and caring doctor to lean on during difficult times. His friend and staff can be a bit rushed and difficult to get a hold of, but seeing how busy he his friend and staff can be a bit rushed and difficult to get a hold of, but he is worth the wait.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2015

no good for complex endometriosis. He has been smiling and kind but does not make referrals he says he will make and does not make phone calls he says he will make. I don't know if it's him or his help, but when there is pain involved, people being kind to your face then disregarding you is worse than out and out contempt. I am left waiting for help that was never on the way. He also ran for the Christian Heritage party a few years ago. He is a gynecologist who is anti abortion, so that's a thing to know. I wish we had another option.

Submitted September 3, 2015

My original Ob/Gyn went on hiatus for research and I was able to get Dr Cooper as my Ob for my very high risk pregnancy. His care ensured my daughter arrived safely. I have him again with my current pregnancy and care in between babies and cannot express enough how wonderful it is to have the best knowledge and skills in caring for myself and my baby. His consultations arent rushed and he cares not only about why you are there but you as a person. His staff are always supportive and helpful.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Have had such wonderful experiences with Dr. Cooper and his wife. During a difficult time they showed me compassion. And during my next pregnancy they knew I was scared but comforted me and allowed me to come back for a follow up to continue to ensure the pregnancy was going well. Very kind and helpful doctor and ultrasound tech. :) Always on time, and a more esthetic looking place than nasty hospitals or VIHA ultrasound places.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

I went into VGH with prolonged bleeding due to a fibroid tumour, I wish I could say I even met the man, but instead of taking the time to even exam me, he sent me home with a prescription for triple dose of birth control pills. Had he taken the time to speak to me he would have known this practice did not work with a previous fibroid. I felt unimportant and discarded when I was sent away from VGH still bleeding. If this was an open wound that wouldn't stop bleeding he would have stopped it. If this was a man bleeding from his member 24/7 it would have been dealt with immediately. The fact that he couldn't be bothered to take the time and get my history just proves that this type of man has no business dealing with women's issues. He based his decision to do nothing over the phone with the ER doctor, discarding me like the speculum used to examine me. Shame on you Dr. Cooper, I think you should re-examine your professional priorities,

flag | Submitted March 7, 2015

Avoided me when I needed answers. Rushed through my initial appointment and left me feeling unheard. Consent papers were filled out wrong and I had to correct the procedure being done!!!!! Was away for my booked c-section. I heard the nurses say he was still out of town while I was waiting in the hospital. Waited all day and was finally sent home. +++added stress. He never did do my operation. Very dispointed.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015

I can't say enough good things about Dr. Cooper. He did a perfect job delivering our baby by C-section. Healthy baby, great stitching. He's also very reassuring, concerned and genuinely nice. If you need to have a c-section, he's the guy.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

So kind and helpful, amazing doctor who didn't immediately jump to my weight being the cause of my infertility. Turns out I have a hormonal imbalance that explains so much. He's very compassionate and explained things in a way that was easy to understand.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

Dr. John Cooper's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I commend Dr. Cooper and his staff. They held my hand through a difficult time and showed a level of compassion and care that I was truly thankful for. They too..."

January 19, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "What a lovely man. Dr. Cooper is caring and charming - an outstanding doctor. He took an excellent and thorough history, explained the procedure and went out ..."

January 8, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been in Dr. Cooper's care for almost 10 years, before, during and after having my children. He's an incredibly caring, knowledgeable and friendly doct..."

October 3, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "no good for complex endometriosis. He has been smiling and kind but does not make referrals he says he will make and does not make phone calls he says he will m..."

September 3, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V8N1" to "V8R 6R5". Address has been updated from "None" to "2020 Richmond Road". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12505925633".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My original Ob/Gyn went on hiatus for research and I was able to get Dr Cooper as my Ob for my very high risk pregnancy. His care ensured my daughter arrived sa..."

April 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Have had such wonderful experiences with Dr. Cooper and his wife. During a difficult time they showed me compassion. And during my next pregnancy they knew I wa..."

April 7, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I went into VGH with prolonged bleeding due to a fibroid tumour, I wish I could say I even met the man, but instead of taking the time to even exam me, he sent..."

March 7, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Avoided me when I needed answers. Rushed through my initial appointment and left me feeling unheard. Consent papers were filled out wrong and I had to correct t..."

February 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I can't say enough good things about Dr. Cooper. He did a perfect job delivering our baby by C-section. Healthy baby, great stitching. He's also very reassur..."

February 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "So kind and helpful, amazing doctor who didn't immediately jump to my weight being the cause of my infertility. Turns out I have a hormonal imbalance that exp..."

January 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I could not say enough good about Dr Cooper he is amazing, kind and so reassuring and calming. He has done 3 surgeries for me and they all went great I am hopef..."

January 18, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I was so grateful for his kind help, clear explanations, understanding of my situation. I have felt well supported by him and the staff."

December 29, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Cooper is an extremely compassionate and caring doctor. I only wished that he could have told me that I had 2 options for my tubes at the beginning so that ..."

December 16, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely amazing doctor! He is always patient, kind and considerate and I've recommended him on several occasions."

December 3, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr cooper takes time for his patients needs, seems to have genuine concern for patient wellbeing. He seems knowledgable and his staff are lovely."

November 4, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I loved seeing Dr. Cooper, she actually made me laugh when i was in extreme pain. He really cared about me and my pain and gave me 2 very good options to treat...."

September 10, 2014