Ratings for Dr. George Pawliuk

I have been a patient of Dr. Pawliuk's for a few years now and have nothing but wonderful things to say about him. I honestly can't think of one bad thing to report. He is caring, treats you with respect, wants the best outcome for his patients, is very knowledgeable, gives you credit on your progress, does his best to explain things and is very competent at what he does. I have never felt more at ease with a psychiatrist before. Even his office is a breath of fresh air. He doesn't make you sit across a huge desk like you are at a job interview and if you are lucky enough to have him as your doctor you will notice he changes up the funky paintings on the wall (which he does himself!)

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Another half-a** frat boy incompetent working for Islamd Health. Big surprise. We really have a problem with these guys in Canada, and they just get away with it. Avoid. See a younger woman or minority psych instead, no guarantee they'll be better, but in my experience, the odds of getting a good one are much higher.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

Before I had my appointment with Dr. Pawliuk I was so nervous! But he was so nice, very to the point, listened to me and put my mind at ease quickly. I left his office feeling good about my treatment plan and about the medication I will be starting to take. He answered all my questions and was very nice. I am so glad he is going to be my psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

Dr. Pawliuk straight up saved my Mom's life. That was almost 10 years ago, and I'm still amazed how well she continues to do with his support. He was especially helpful with us, compassionately helping us understand how Mom's mental health issues would effect all of us, and how best to make sure my Mom enjoys continued success. I have never felt as some of the other reviewers have commented, regarding him as a pill pusher. If you can have success without medication, that's great! But his instructions and prescriptions have literally been a life saver in our specific situation. Thanks Dr P!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

He is an awesome person who genuinely cares for his clients. He wouldn't have become such a well-known and kind doctor if he hadn't completed his doctorate studies, as well as sharing his knowledge with clients. If you are not happy with his service go some where else.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

Myself and any of my friend's who have had the displeasure of recieving services from Dr. P describe him as the worst.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Dr. Pawliuk is easily the best professional in the psych field I have ever dealt with. I have no idea how any how these negative reviews came about, but he's been above and beyond excellent every time we've met. He's never come across as a "pill pusher" and has in fact advised against medication and suggested alternate forms of therapy. Easily the best psychiatrist in the city.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Pawliuk for 8 years. He has saved my life more than once, was the first psychiatrist to listen to me and provide a clear and concise well considered diagnosis. He is not the kind of doctor to placate you or hand-hold you throughout your therapy, but rather asks that you also participate in helping yourself. I believe that the negative comments left here in his reviews come from individuals who perhaps are looking for a quick fix and an immediate solution to some very complex mental health issues. There is no easy answer. Dr. Pawliuk understands this. I have found his medication prescribing to be spot on. He is also kind, brilliant, insightful and understanding. But no, don't see him if you want some magic solution to your problems. Obtaining mental health is a collaboration between the psychiatrist and the patient. I also agree with one other review that noted many of these negative remarks comprise only a minimal percentage of his overall patient constituency. He is not arrogant or condescending. He is direct, thoughtful and caring. I personally know of many other of his patients who feel the same way. I highly recommend Dr. Pawliuk to anyone who is willing to do some work and participate in their own recovery. He will safely guide you there. Best doctor I've ever had.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

If you need urgent care avoid this knuckle dragging pill pusher. People like this idiot should work in the mines and not with life and death situations in others lives!!!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

Inappropriate and unprofessional. I agree with many of these comments. Arrogant and unhelpful.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017