Ratings for Dr. George Pawliuk

Dr Pawliuk is an amazing psychiatrist and I value his knowledge and understanding of mental health immensely. He is very kind and straightforward, which I appreciate. He was familiar with the clinics in Germany that I had recieved treatment at previously, and he took the time to really hear me out and understand my struggles. The only bad thing that I can think of is that the wait time between appointments. It is very long; at least 6 months. If I had it my way, I would get more time with Dr Pawliuk and see him more frequently. Thank you, Dr Pawliuk, for helping me get my life on track. I am very thankful for your help. Alexandra T.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

My identity was being fractured and he settled me down by reminding me of my own name when I needed it. Thank you and I hoped you enjoyed your harvest box of my favorite canned fruits and vegetables that I created in addition to your Pollock tomatoes that I grew from seed in your honour.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2017

I reported suicidal ideation to "dr" pawliuk. He did not perform a suicide risk assessment. I now work in psychiatry, for the health authority, and know that this is standard protocol.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Pawliuk's for a few years now and have nothing but wonderful things to say about him. I honestly can't think of one bad thing to report. He is caring, treats you with respect, wants the best outcome for his patients, is very knowledgeable, gives you credit on your progress, does his best to explain things and is very competent at what he does. I have never felt more at ease with a psychiatrist before. Even his office is a breath of fresh air. He doesn't make you sit across a huge desk like you are at a job interview and if you are lucky enough to have him as your doctor you will notice he changes up the funky paintings on the wall (which he does himself!)

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Another half-a** frat boy incompetent working for Islamd Health. Big surprise. We really have a problem with these guys in Canada, and they just get away with it. Avoid. See a younger woman or minority psych instead, no guarantee they'll be better, but in my experience, the odds of getting a good one are much higher.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

Before I had my appointment with Dr. Pawliuk I was so nervous! But he was so nice, very to the point, listened to me and put my mind at ease quickly. I left his office feeling good about my treatment plan and about the medication I will be starting to take. He answered all my questions and was very nice. I am so glad he is going to be my psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

Dr. Pawliuk straight up saved my Mom's life. That was almost 10 years ago, and I'm still amazed how well she continues to do with his support. He was especially helpful with us, compassionately helping us understand how Mom's mental health issues would effect all of us, and how best to make sure my Mom enjoys continued success. I have never felt as some of the other reviewers have commented, regarding him as a pill pusher. If you can have success without medication, that's great! But his instructions and prescriptions have literally been a life saver in our specific situation. Thanks Dr P!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

He is an awesome person who genuinely cares for his clients. He wouldn't have become such a well-known and kind doctor if he hadn't completed his doctorate studies, as well as sharing his knowledge with clients. If you are not happy with his service go some where else.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

Myself and any of my friend's who have had the displeasure of recieving services from Dr. P describe him as the worst.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Dr. Pawliuk is easily the best professional in the psych field I have ever dealt with. I have no idea how any how these negative reviews came about, but he's been above and beyond excellent every time we've met. He's never come across as a "pill pusher" and has in fact advised against medication and suggested alternate forms of therapy. Easily the best psychiatrist in the city.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017