Ratings for Dr. George Pawliuk

Diagnosed me with a somatic disorder or possible hypochondria. Most painful moment of my disease trajectory . Turns out I have a ion channel dysfunction. So I can say he was biased, irresponsible, arrogant, and not a healer. Caused me years of pain and stigma. Granted, my GP shouldn't have sent me to a psychiatrist in the first place. But his support rather than incorrect diagnosis would have helped me and saved me years of pain.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2018

Seemed open, knowledgeable, and progressive first visit. Totally changed his tune when I went back to ask to try a different ADHD medication, since the NDRI he prescribed is giving me anxiety and panic attacks (a known side effect of that med, especially for people with pre-existing anxiety disorders). He outright accused me of being a drug-seeking addict, talked down to me, and only relented after checking my prescription history to find that I rarely refill my prior prescription (a much more abusable medication than the one I was asking to try). He also didn't bother to make a follow up appointment to see how my new medication was going prior to this (he didn't think I'd need one!?), gave no way to contact him after starting it, did not call me back when I phoned and left word with his receptionist that I was having troubling side effects and wanted to discuss them, and rushed the follow up appointment I made to try to find a medication that would be a better fit. He seemed caring at first, but it was either a facade or reserved only for people that fit his narrow stereotype of a good psychiatric patient, and he is not afraid to jump to wild conclusions about what kind of person you are.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2018

Arrogant and inappropriate. Not helpful, and sometimes harmful. Scary to think people are relying on him for their mental health. If you feel discouraged or dis-empowered after seeing him or in his care, know that there are other ways to become mentally healthy and other people who give good care. Don't give up!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2018

Arrogant and waiting to retire. Thinks himself a great comedian and perhaps should have pursued a career in stand-up comedy. Loves pills and making fun of people, including his patients. Makes no effort to help you and it is quite clear he is just putting in time until retirement. This guy should leave and make room for a psychiatrist who cares and makes an effort.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2018

Dr. Pawliuk has been my psychiatrist for many years and I am grateful for the effective care I have received. He is a kind man with a tremendous amount of knowledge and confidence who has a pragmatic approach to dealing with mental health. He may not be the perfect fit for everyone but if you are willing to do the work to help yourself, he is there for you. He knows his stuff and has always been in my corner to offer good sound advice. It surprises me to read bad reviews but I guess you can't please everyone all of the time. If most of us who are fortunate to have him as our doctor would take the time to write a review, his ratings would soar.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2018

He's a condescending, arrogant man that ruined my mother's life. He gets angry when you deny a medication and becomes borderline vengeful. He mocked my mother when she expressed her feelings of suicidal thoughts. Pawliuk is a pill pusher that prescribed my mother medication that was extremely addictive and some of the most harmful drugs in the world (close to heroin) for up to five years. He mis-diagnosed my mother and gave her several drugs that she didn't need to begin with. Relationships with family members were ruined because of her drug addiction and she lost years of her life. This man should frankly be in jail. My mom is just one case out of the many he has treated. If I was able to, I'd sue this man for malpractice. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2018

My advice is to avoid import doctors from South Africa. Pawliuk is not the only one I've had problems with, my whole family has several tales to tell about doctors from that part of the world. Avoid this guy. If you can't, have whatever he submits to your medical record removed and then go to a different doctor, preferably one with a private practice. The psychiatrists lurking at Eric Martin should probably all be in jail, frankly.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2018

Average psychiatrist who seems to be putting his time in on the clock. Not sure if he cares much. It took a long time to get in,— but he wasn’t horrible.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2018

Dr Pawliuk is an amazing psychiatrist and I value his knowledge and understanding of mental health immensely. He is very kind and straightforward, which I appreciate. He was familiar with the clinics in Germany that I had recieved treatment at previously, and he took the time to really hear me out and understand my struggles. The only bad thing that I can think of is that the wait time between appointments. It is very long; at least 6 months. If I had it my way, I would get more time with Dr Pawliuk and see him more frequently. Thank you, Dr Pawliuk, for helping me get my life on track. I am very thankful for your help. Alexandra T.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

My identity was being fractured and he settled me down by reminding me of my own name when I needed it. Thank you and I hoped you enjoyed your harvest box of my favorite canned fruits and vegetables that I created in addition to your Pollock tomatoes that I grew from seed in your honour.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2017