Ratings for Dr. Paul Arnold

Paul Arnold is a capable gp. Better than most. It can be helpful if you have an idea what your issue is going in, but he will get to the root of the problem in due course.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

I have seen Dr. Arnold off and on throughout my entire life. Although he's been quite helpful he almost killed my sister by refusing a throat swab and can be a bit of a dick when he wants to be. Overall he's ok but I suggest you dig your heels in with him when you want something or he will dismiss you fast.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Personally I think Dr Arnold is a great Dr. He's been seeing me for 3.5 years and I drive from the North side just to see him. He's friendly, chatty and helpful unlike the other ignorant fools there

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

It's hard to make this polite, considering the damage done, but everything stated here is true. Prior to my father's final visit in 2009, Dr. Arnold was highly unprofessional, dismissing my father's recurring chest pain and heart burn as nothing more than nervousness. His receptionist had stated that my father 'had to wait like everyone else' despite him describing numb sensations, severe chest pain, left arm pain/tingling, and when Dr. Arnold saw my father, he proceeded to write him a prescription for librium (a sedative!), without even touching him (no bp test, no physical checkup). Less than 2 days later, my father had a massive heart attack, which he fortunately survived (after triple bypass surgery). Maybe my father should have gone to the emergency room, but that's no excuse for such behaviour. My father didn't realize he could file a complaint with the CPSA, but we will be doing so anyway and see what happens. I CANNOT and WILL NOT recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013

Dr. Arnold has been the most sympathetic/empathetic doctor I have ever known. He was my husbands doctor and when I started having issues with my GP I started seeing Dr. Arnold. He gave me what I needed with a genuine interest in helping me get better. He immediately arranged a consultation with a specialist, and has been so kind and caring to me I have even requested that Dr. Arnold become my fathers GP. Without hesitation, Dr. Arnold accepted my dad on. If you want a doctor who speaks clear English and actually cares to get to the bottom of things, while making you comfortable in the interim than I suggest you go see Dr. Paul Arnold!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

I saw him last week and asked for a different anti-depressant because the side effects were horrible, he said that it was too soon to change and we should see how the current one would work. Also, I had seen a specialist and he had not sent the letter to Dr. Arnold as yet so come back in a week so he could review the letter. I went to see him a week later to follow-up and the first thing he said was, "Are you going back to work in a few days?" I said no and he asked me why not? I told him that my symptoms have gotten worse and he said, "I have to fight it" (???) I asked if he received the letter from the specialist yet - he said no(???). He said, rather accusingly, that "this was becoming a habit" and "you're not that old"(???). Giving him 1 more chance to review the letter, then will go to a new doc

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013

About 13 years ago or so, I went to this doctor to see about painful gut attacks I was having. So, he comes in and asks me why I'm there. I say I have been having these gut attacks that centralize around my stomach. Before I could say anymore, he looked at me and condescending says, "Sweety, it's just heartburn. Just take TUMS." (I've been pregnant - I'm not an idiot, I know what heartburn is that this wasn't it.) And then he walks out. No examination - nothing. Not long after that I end up in the Emergency Room. ER doc asked me if a saw a physician. I said I had. Told him what I already wrote above and he says to me, "Who is this guy?! I want his name!!" I was so angry with myself that I could not remember his name that night! So ... ER doc does an X-Ray and what do you think he finds?? A GALL BLADDER FULL OF STONES! FULL!!! I was having gall stone attacks - painful ones! ... and this P. Arnold said I had 'heartburn'?! I would NOT recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2012

Misdiagonosed spinal injury and refused to send me to MRI. Even after surgery,he refused to fill prescriptions recommended by the surgeon. This man is an egotistical, arrogant,rude and ignorant practioner who makes very racist and biased assumptions. Dr. Paul "Doolittle" Arnold should take his tacky dye-in-a-box multi-coloured hair and retire. He should not be allowed to practice and if I had the means, would have sued him long ago!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2012

I was 15 weeks pregnant when I wentto see him. He told me my baby is dead because Hcg level is going down. Two days later i went to see my gynecologist and he said baby is fine and normal and there is nothing wrong. It seems that Dr Arnold knowledge belongs to 50 years ago. They should revoke his licence or force him to go back to school.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

When we first found Dr. Arnold, he had a private practice, then a few months later, he opened two clinics and everything changed in his patient care. He seems to be very rushed and he does not have time for diagnosis of underlying health issues- for example repeated infections could be a sign of more serious health problems, like immune deficiencies etc. Also, after 2 weeks in hospital with a serious illness, there was NO follow-up- I was not referred to any specialists or called for a follow-up appointment, even t. It wasn't until I had the same serious illness a year later that Dr. Arnold referred me to specialists, but again very little follow up. Clinic care is fine if you have small health problems, but IF you have deeper health issues, most of the doctors, at All-well Clinics do not take the time to follow-up as a family doctor with a private practice would! I finally left to find a general pratitioner who takes the time to diagnosis thoroughly and refer to specialists.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2011