Ratings for Dr. Clark L. Gifford

He is the best dr. I've known him for yrs and would not take my daughter to any other pediatrician. I live an hour away from his location and drive there so she can be seen by the best. He was my dr for yrs and now he's my daughter.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

I really liked him he was very helpful and knowledgeable, and made me feel liked he really cared I had to change docters because my insurance changed, and I was very sad to do so!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

My 15 year old son had a rash on his body. Dr. Gifford right away recognized it as a staph infection and started treatment. My son loved Dr. Gifford. I would high recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2009

When my 17 mo. son went to see him for a 6 week long cough, he suggested OTC cough syrup. This was a few weeks before all OTC cough syrup was recalled. I asked him how much he should take. He said "I don't know 1/2 to 3/4 tsp." That is quite a difference in dose for a 17-19 lb baby. (note: we didn't follow his advice given the current news on the subject). When we took him back 2 weeks later for his 18 mo. check up, he a) didn't seem to recognize us as being there 2 weeks prior and b) was so concerned about the cough that he had a chest x-ray done and said he had pneumonia and gave him a prescription. When we took him back for a recheck on the pneumonia he again suggested OTC cough syrup... When I asked about all the news about children under 2 taking it and that it is not even effective, he said it was fine to take for most children. Skip this guy, if you can. We now see Dr. Pejman Katerai, who is GREAT!!!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2008

Dr. Clark L. Gifford's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1979)