Ratings for Dr. Umar Haider

I am so grateful for this doctor. He took myself and my daughter on after my family doctor left his practice due to cancer. He practices compassionate care he listens and has a genuine concern for his patients. I couldn't ask for a better doctor. J. Baker

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Dr Haider looked after our uncle Andy for many years. He was by far the best doctor one could ever ask for. Our uncle had heart problems and Dr Haider was able to wean him off medications he didn't need that was precribed by his previous doctor. Andy thought the world of Dr Haider and was very well looked after by the care he provided. He is a very caring individual and has a great deal on his plate given the busy clinic that he covers. Our young son has also been seeing Dr Haider for many years and if ever there was a time he didn't know something, he would make sure we were seen by someone at the IWK etc.... Can't say enough good things about this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Have been dealing with Dr. Haider for maybe 10 years, I find him to be professional compassionate and thorough. He refers me to specialists when needed and doesn't tend to prescribe something when it isn't needed. Having moved here from Cape Breton 14 years ago, I was lucky to be able to shop around and have stayed with him.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

I am a transgender individual that went to this clinic for a basic physical exam for a job requirement and he refused to do it because my gender is "too complex". Gender has nothing to do with a basic physical exam for work purposes and I will be filing a complaint. I have never had to deal with much discrimination in Halifax and was completely surprised to run into it in a medical professional's office.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

I saw Dr Haider for a slip and fall accident. He was helpful and efficient. The wait time was reasonable, the clinic very clean for a walk in, and he was pleasant to deal with. He wasn't overly talkative but nice and made sure to do a thorough exam since I was pregnant. I would recommend this as a walk in for quick service if you family Dr is booked.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Horrible, horrible. Would not even call him a doctor. he should go work at mcdonalds he might do a better job helping people.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

Umar Haider is useless, ignorant, rude, abrasive, unacknowledged, didn't even sit down to listen to me in order to rush me out as soon as he could. went there for a severe flu and cold with very obvious symptoms that all the clinic heard my cough ! yet all what he said was (have rest + drink warm fluids) ! WTF !!! I couldn't go to work for 2 days from the pain I had in my chest and coughing and sneezing and blocked sinuses. first and last time to go there. Oh.. and the front desk lady was such an ignorant doing nothing but using the office phone to make personal calls and laughing her guts out in front of all patients waiting. waiting time was at least 90 minutes

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

I would not recommend him as he does not have any listening skills, he is rude and kicks you out in about 7ish minutes. He was unable to tell the difference between a wheezey lung and a clear lung. I don't know how he passed medical certification exams...

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

I had the most terrible experience with this doctor. This doctor should be sued

flag | Submitted January 1, 2015

Terrible, terrible experience at this clinic. Do yourself a favor and find another Dr./clinic.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014