Ratings for Dr. Michelle Dern

Dr. Dern has been our son's primary pediatrician since birth, and she's been very supportive and helpful. She's as timely as she can be in a large pediatric practice, will sit and answer all of our first time parent questions, and offers suggestions when we ask. After all vaccinations & visits, she calls to check on our son later in the day or the following day. She's always called us back within 2 hours when we call with a question (silly or no). We've been lucky to not need to visit for a sick visit, but for all of our well-child visits, vaccines and first time parent freak outs, she's been very calm and rational. She is a little on the abrupt side, but the no nonsense approach works best for my husband and I. And she's wonderful with our son!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2010

Rushed me out of her office, did not listen to what I was saying and therefore offered solutions that were not applicable - I went in because my daughter was screaming out in pain in her sleep and grabbing her ear. I wanted to rule out an ear infection and get some confirmation that it was likely teething, Dr. Dern assumed I was looking for a sleep aid and told me she's likely screaming because she is aware of being alone. I told her the baby sleeps with us and that it is a 'pain' cry and instead of trying to assess the pain aspect, she tells me that the baby should be put in her bassinet alone to fall asleep. I don't need parenting advice, I need medical advice - felt rushed and unimportant. Left the group because of this visit.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2008

Dr. Michelle Dern's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Southwestern Med Ctr At Dallas, Med Sch, Dallas Tx 75235 (Grad. 1993)

GHI