Ratings for Dr. John Pope

Have had Dr. Pope for many years, along with my family. Cannot say I recommend him, by any means. He's friendly and jovial, however, the only time I feel I'm given a legitimate resolution is when I have an overtly obvious ailment (ie. strep throat, bronchitis). For the past 10 year's that myself and my family have been seeking his help, each of us literally leave the office visibly upset and stressed because he whisks us out of his office faster than it takes to call and book the appointment, and our health issues only seem to prolong or get worse. He literally opens the door before you are finished asking questions so that you leave faster, and he moves on to the next prescription - not patient. Definitely a pill pusher, and doesn't actually inquire or follow-up with issues, or even sets up x-rays or mri's for things like torn muscles; he just says 'probably torn'. Lacks empathy and just doesn't seem to care about the patient he is tending to.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

5 years of serious chronic illness with no help. did not listen. labeled with anxiety. pills pills pills.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Dr. Pope has been my GP for over 25 years. He's a great doctor. Sometimes he is a bit too much of a joker, but I also think that's what gives him such an awesome bedside manner. Over the years, particularly since New Vision has expanded and they've hired new staff, the overall quality of care has gone down. Not because of John Pope but rather the receptionists at the front desk. They are rude and snarky and very arrogant. Missy is by far the worst and I can't understand why they keep someone like that on staff.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

I absolutely love going to see Dr. Pope and the team at the Wellness Centre. I came from a Dr. that was awful and never had time to see us. No matter when I need help I am always seen within 24 hours, it may be with a nurse, but I feel fully confident with their diagnosis. I never have to wait longer than 15 minutes (I'm usually early) and I am usually in and out within a reasonable amount of time. I find that he listens to my concerns and is able to diagnose easily. I recently got to meet his daughter who was covering for his time off and I was amazed at the seamless transition. She was very easy to talk to and allowed me to ask questions as needed. Being around her age and being a female made me feel as though I was talking to a friend and someone who knew what I was talking about. My fingers are crossed that she takes over Dr. Popes practice if/when he retires. Great team; I highly recommend!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

Great bedside manner - very helpfu, but sometimes too laid back.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

I'm not even sure where to begin. I have been seeing doctor pope for over 25 years. When I was a kid he was very help full and able to diagnosis properly. Now many many years later he has no care in the world for his patients. It feels like what you say goes in one ear and out the other! Just pills pills pills, Quickly typed out on the computer and printed. Here you go try this. He almost killed me, literrly! I recently had the "pleasure" of meeting his daughter who was filling in for him. What a disgrace she is to medicine! Talks 100 miles an hour and laughs your problems off. Too cocky for my liking. The front desk is a MESS they are soo rude it's unbelievable! Missy is by far the worst person I sadly have to keep dealing with. JILL and CHERLYANN are the best nurses I have ever met in my life! Caring and sympathetic, the way nursing should be! Happy to report I'll be leaving to another DR shortly, he can thank his daughter for that, She was the last straw!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

the only good comment I have is about jill she is the best nurse there that for sure my only problem with dr pope is that he dont want to do test he want too know everything and just give u pills with no test at all how are u suppost too know what wrong with me

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Dr.Pope by far is the BEST doctor EVER!!!!! I've been with him for 2o plus years now! The healthcare office is forever changing and change has to happen. Jill is the best nurse EVER too! but sigh his new way of taking appointments is awful!! he is my 4 kids doctor as well! when I hear horror stories from my friends they all envy what we have here. seriously we got to take the bad with how much GOOD really comes out of the office! I 100% agree about the front desk. They are VERY rude at times and make me want to loose my mind. I have a easier time communicating with my 2 year old then I do them some days. Overall SUPER happy and will never change

flag | Submitted January 16, 2012

Dr. Pope is a great doctor HOWEVER the place where he is now does not give a crap about peoples lives, especially if you get the receptionist named "Missy" on the phone...I had a severe kidney infection that came back and when I phoned in and explained to her that I needed to see someone asap as I was having recurring issues with my kidney she fluffed me off and said no could see me. I told her that I was under the impression this was serious and asked if i should go to the clinic...she told me to "do what i have to do" with attitude. I called another couple times until FINALLY I talked to another receptionist who actually cared and booked me an appointment with the doctor on call. This receptionist told me she was "shocked" that 'Missy' did not offer me anything and told me to go to the clinic. Missy should be fired, kidney infections lead people to LOSE their kidneys. This lady should not be in healthcare as she has no regard to the "health" of anyone.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

dr Pope is a good person and means well BUT he is way too casual about serious health matters, and at times rude. I spent many years telling doctor Pope that there were some abnormal chronic illness issues I was experiencing...He seemed unconcerned that the problem was undiagnosed and unresolved. After multiple visits he might finally run a test or two with no follow up and when we did speak he would say there was no problem. After years of suffering from chronic illness without medical diagnosis or care I finally was able to piece together the problems with the help of another doctor. What Mr Pope seems not to realize is that a doctor has a responsibility to provide the best level of care to his patients, and that to a degree, the patient`s medical well-being is his ethical and moral responsibility. Not something that should be taken lightly. Also, I love good humour, but he makes inappropriate and insensitive jokes at times.

Submitted February 10, 2011