Ratings for Dr. Danuta Kajetanowicz

I also agree completely with the comments about Brenda. She is pretty bad. I can deal with rudeness to a certain degree as our reality is a shortage of doctors in Cape Breton. But Brenda needs to be reminded to make appointments that are time sensitive and, when I take time off work and drive 40 minutes for an appointment only to find out as I arrive at the doc's office to a cranky Brenda, that I'm being rescheduled... well, that's just not cool either. And Dr K... people seem to love her or hate her. I discontinued seeing her after she demonstrated that her ego is more important than the well-being of her patient. Now I am on the search for a new doctor which will be difficult but I would prefer travelling a distance than dealing with Dr K and Brenda.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

I completely agree with the comments about Brenda. She has got to go. I am leaving as soon as I find a new doctor and it has nothing to do with Dr. Danuta. Dr. Danuta is great but it is shocking how her secretary talks to the patients. She is so ignorant. I swear my blood pressure goes up drastically time I have to speak to Brenda.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Danuta for seven years now and have been very happy with her. She is friendly, witty and very knowledgeable. Brenda, although, is hit or miss. She can be very pleasant one day and pretty rude the next. She rarely answers the phone too. It just took me approximately 100 calls over a three day span to get through to make an appointment. It seems like she sets the phone to go to voicemail for hours at a time. Very frustrating.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

She did it. I wasn't sure it could be done but then it was done by her so she did it because that is what doing it entails. To do it you have to do it and luckily she did it. When I first walked into her office, she wanted us to switch roles. I was the doctor and she was the patient. I thought to myself "Gee this is refreshing, finally a doctor who gets it". But she didn't stop there. I started receiving her pay checks. She was carrying this doctor/patient reversal out even further. Eventually I was flying to her conferences and receiving her mail. Before long I realized I had become her. I woke up one day in her house, wearing her clothes. I was her. Her son Antoni is hot. The End

flag | Submitted August 23, 2014

Dr Danuta is probably one of the best doctors that I have ever known. She is kind and compassionate and has also gone above and beyonfd to provide usd with the best qualtiy care. I was one of her first patients after she came to Cape Breton and since then i have had two children. She delivered both of my children. I know how dreadful trips to outpatients and clinic can be for adults na despecially children as I am a former employee of the CBRH. Dr Danuta has saved us many trips to germed filled waiting rooms by seeing my children and even myself when I feel that it is necessary at the drop of a dime. 11 years ago she told me kids are prioroty and if they are sick I should call her office and not once has my son or daughter seen anyone but Danuta when they were sick, unless of course she referred us somewhere for further treatment. I cannot express how truly greatful I am to have such an amazing doctor. God Bless you Dr Danuta I don't know what we would ever do without you.:-)

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

The best thing that i ever did was leave this doctor...i have been after her for years about my blood pressure and to send me to specialists which she declined...i now have a great doctor who listens to me and my concerns,and this doctor has sent me to a specialist and needless to say i have 3 blockages in both my kidneys and heart. I now have to have surgery and when the heart specialist asked me how long this has been going on i told him years and who my previous dr was. he def was not impressed and had told me that my condition is at lease 4 to 5 years old....he also informed me that legally i can persue her not giving me the treatment i deserve...not only that when i changed my doctor i was told my the receptionist that Danuta was charging me 150.00 to have my charts sent over to the new doctor...i told her that i was not going to pay that and my new doctor STILL does not have my previous records. she is totally worthless this woman i HATE !!!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2011

I was with the Dr for a long time and had many ups and downs with her. When I first started going to her she seemed helpful and I found her honesty refreshing, but over the course of nine years I found a severe lack in the quality of treatment I recieved. For several years she had me misdiagnosed with Asthma without all the proper tests and had me on puffers when they worsened my condition! Yes, she tells you to "live with it" when it is a minor sickness that requires bedrest and liquids, but she also says the same thing about severe muskuloskeletal and environmental illnesses. You have to fight with her to get a paper signed and I've been often told "What do you want me to do about it?". I have suffered through a misdiagnosis, insulting remarks about my life, several refusals to grant specialist referrals, and indifference from both the doctor and her staff. I have seen the comments and know that she has helped people, but there are others she has genuinely failed to help. I left.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2010

I enjoyed having her as a doctor for my pregnancy. She is very funny which put me at ease (which was nice with it being my first pregnancy and all). I did, however, feel a little rushed at times and had difficulty getting through on the phone to make a couple of appointments.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2009

I think she is a great doctor, I wouldn't want any other doctor to see me while being pregnant. She told me because it was my first time being pregnant to write down any questions I had and on my next visit she would answer them for me...and she did, I had a paper full of questions and she answered everyone of them. Always friendly when I went in...no complaints!!!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2008

I can remember when Danuta started here. I asked my doctor(who is a friend of the family) if he would mind me seeing her for personal matters. He gave me my chart and wished me luck. After my first visit with her, I was not impressed. My first mistake was telling her I was a nurse and I have Lupus. I was there for a pap test as I had,had cervical/uterine cancer the previous year. She told me to lay on the table & bend my knees. She literally put a long cutip into my vaginal area and then put it aside.(nothing else was used.) She didn't even have my feet in stirrups.She then told me to get up, that she was finished. I was actually starting to think, that this woman was an impostor and I wondered what she did with the real doctor. I inquired about a breast examination & she told me to check them myself, my being a nurse & all! . I was stunned at the way I was treated. I could never imagine treating a patient this way. I left and never looked back. Thumbs down for this Doctor? Definitely!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2008

Dr. Danuta Kajetanowicz's Credentials

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I also agree completely with the comments about Brenda. She is pretty bad. I can deal with rudeness to a certain degree as our reality is a shortage of doctors ..."

March 24, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I completely agree with the comments about Brenda. She has got to go. I am leaving as soon as I find a new doctor and it has nothing to do with Dr. Danuta. Dr. ..."

November 17, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Danuta for seven years now and have been very happy with her. She is friendly, witty and very knowledgeable. Brenda, although, is hit or..."

November 17, 2014