Ratings for Dr. Danuta Kajetanowicz

First time I really got sick resulting in surgery I understand not catching it because I was healthy beforehand but the next two times, of "No something is wrong with me" and those resulting in surgeries, should really teach someone to actually listen to their patients. I have a chronic illness and other ailments that put me in chronic pain, but I haven't made an appointment with her in over a year because I'm really tired of hearing "What do you want me to do about it?" or "Your too young for that". The way we've always seen it is she only wants to be a baby doctor, the rest of us are just putting the extra decimal on the paycheck so she could care less. CB needs more doctors

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

When my first was born my labor went very quickly. Once Danuta was at the hospital I couldn't get an epidural (as I planned to). I was petrified because I'm a wimp for pain but she calmed me down and reassured me the entire time. She is honestly what got me through my delivery and pregnancy. She answered any and all questions and knew I was nervous so she made sure to ask how I was doing whenever she saw me. The only negative experience was with Brenda. She was very rude and made the experience unpleasant. But other than that I enjoyed Danuta as my doctor!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

I also agree completely with the comments about Brenda. She is pretty bad. I can deal with rudeness to a certain degree as our reality is a shortage of doctors in Cape Breton. But Brenda needs to be reminded to make appointments that are time sensitive and, when I take time off work and drive 40 minutes for an appointment only to find out as I arrive at the doc's office to a cranky Brenda, that I'm being rescheduled... well, that's just not cool either. And Dr K... people seem to love her or hate her. I discontinued seeing her after she demonstrated that her ego is more important than the well-being of her patient. Now I am on the search for a new doctor which will be difficult but I would prefer travelling a distance than dealing with Dr K and Brenda.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

I completely agree with the comments about Brenda. She has got to go. I am leaving as soon as I find a new doctor and it has nothing to do with Dr. Danuta. Dr. Danuta is great but it is shocking how her secretary talks to the patients. She is so ignorant. I swear my blood pressure goes up drastically time I have to speak to Brenda.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Danuta for seven years now and have been very happy with her. She is friendly, witty and very knowledgeable. Brenda, although, is hit or miss. She can be very pleasant one day and pretty rude the next. She rarely answers the phone too. It just took me approximately 100 calls over a three day span to get through to make an appointment. It seems like she sets the phone to go to voicemail for hours at a time. Very frustrating.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

She did it. I wasn't sure it could be done but then it was done by her so she did it because that is what doing it entails. To do it you have to do it and luckily she did it. When I first walked into her office, she wanted us to switch roles. I was the doctor and she was the patient. I thought to myself "Gee this is refreshing, finally a doctor who gets it". But she didn't stop there. I started receiving her pay checks. She was carrying this doctor/patient reversal out even further. Eventually I was flying to her conferences and receiving her mail. Before long I realized I had become her. I woke up one day in her house, wearing her clothes. I was her. Her son Antoni is hot. The End

flag | Submitted August 23, 2014

Dr Danuta is probably one of the best doctors that I have ever known. She is kind and compassionate and has also gone above and beyonfd to provide usd with the best qualtiy care. I was one of her first patients after she came to Cape Breton and since then i have had two children. She delivered both of my children. I know how dreadful trips to outpatients and clinic can be for adults na despecially children as I am a former employee of the CBRH. Dr Danuta has saved us many trips to germed filled waiting rooms by seeing my children and even myself when I feel that it is necessary at the drop of a dime. 11 years ago she told me kids are prioroty and if they are sick I should call her office and not once has my son or daughter seen anyone but Danuta when they were sick, unless of course she referred us somewhere for further treatment. I cannot express how truly greatful I am to have such an amazing doctor. God Bless you Dr Danuta I don't know what we would ever do without you.:-)

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

The best thing that i ever did was leave this doctor...i have been after her for years about my blood pressure and to send me to specialists which she declined...i now have a great doctor who listens to me and my concerns,and this doctor has sent me to a specialist and needless to say i have 3 blockages in both my kidneys and heart. I now have to have surgery and when the heart specialist asked me how long this has been going on i told him years and who my previous dr was. he def was not impressed and had told me that my condition is at lease 4 to 5 years old....he also informed me that legally i can persue her not giving me the treatment i deserve...not only that when i changed my doctor i was told my the receptionist that Danuta was charging me 150.00 to have my charts sent over to the new doctor...i told her that i was not going to pay that and my new doctor STILL does not have my previous records. she is totally worthless this woman i HATE !!!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2011

I was with the Dr for a long time and had many ups and downs with her. When I first started going to her she seemed helpful and I found her honesty refreshing, but over the course of nine years I found a severe lack in the quality of treatment I recieved. For several years she had me misdiagnosed with Asthma without all the proper tests and had me on puffers when they worsened my condition! Yes, she tells you to "live with it" when it is a minor sickness that requires bedrest and liquids, but she also says the same thing about severe muskuloskeletal and environmental illnesses. You have to fight with her to get a paper signed and I've been often told "What do you want me to do about it?". I have suffered through a misdiagnosis, insulting remarks about my life, several refusals to grant specialist referrals, and indifference from both the doctor and her staff. I have seen the comments and know that she has helped people, but there are others she has genuinely failed to help. I left.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2010

I enjoyed having her as a doctor for my pregnancy. She is very funny which put me at ease (which was nice with it being my first pregnancy and all). I did, however, feel a little rushed at times and had difficulty getting through on the phone to make a couple of appointments.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2009