Ratings for Dr. M. M. S. Kumar

My abusive husband FINALLY went for help. This Dr told him he just has normal stress and that what he needs to to go to a couples counselor to help him work out his issues with me. We have done couples counselling in the past and they said he needs to deal with his anger issues and issues with his mother that cause him to hate women FIRST. I FINALLY thought someone was going to help. What a joke.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Dr Kumar is the best doctor. So kind and understanding. He really has helped me a lot. Not just to find the best medication that works for me but also to help me fix the root of my problems. He's very kind. His assistant is amazing. I would recommend him for sure to anyone looking for a great doctor.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

I had my first appointment with him today and he did well in listening to me, he understood my issues and I was pleased with the fact that he didn't prescribe an anti depressant but rather explored other solutions. I would recommend this doctor to a friend. His secretary is very pleasant and helpful. Be prepared to pay a flat fee of $4 for parking though.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

Dr. Kumar is an excellent doctor. He is always on time. He listens to you and is very understanding. He encourages you to try to solve your problems without the large dosages of drugs. He is very knowledgeable and offers suggestions to help you. I feel very relaxed talking to him. His secretary is very accommodating. She tries very hard to get you an appointment that fits your schedual.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

He's a fairly good doctor I just can't get over the fact that he always says to me "life is good for you eh? you have an apartment, internet, cable..." At first I thought it was ridiculous but now I just laugh about it and take everything he says with a grain of salt.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2011

I believe that my family Doctor has referred me to this Doctor. Currently awaiting a response. It has only been since 30 Nov 09, so I must be patient (no pun intended!). All my numbered selections are neutral at this time, so they are neither good nor bad because I don't have a becnhmark from which to measure from.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2009

Too few of this kind of psychiatrist exists; empathetic, direct, effective, and kind. He is an exceptionally dedicated health care professional!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2007

I think he is in the wrong field! After losing 2 family members 2 days apart he told me to get over it and think of the good things. No compassion

flag | Submitted December 3, 2007

Dr. Kumar is one of the best! He treats his patients with the utmost respect, listens well and his advice is excellent. He is "a breath of fresh air" as far a Psychiarty is concerned.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2007

Dr. Kumar is an excellent Doctor. He is very friendly and knowledgeable. Has a good sense of humour and has been very helpful. My wife has been very fortunate to have him as her doctor.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2007