Ratings for Dr. Alban Goddard-Hill

He will actually Google symptoms and information while you are talking to him. I waited forever the last time we went.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015

Dr. GH is one of the most intelligent and experienced physicians around. He is ahead of the others with respect to not over using antibiotics, or over medicating people. With regards to the previous comment, he refers to SPECIALISTS when necessary, as a GENERAL PRACTITIONER he has a broad range of knowledge but is smart enough to refer to someone with more training in a specific area! He is thorough, and patient, and involves us in treatment decisions. We think he is great. If you don't, go find another physician.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

Just say no. If he can't easily remedy your situation with Tylenol, hydrocortisone cream or a band aid then he will just keep sending you to other doctors for referrals. He always asks us what we think is wrong. (If I knew what was wrong, then I wouldn't be at the doctor's office.) When you say you don`t know, he just says it`s probably nothing, or worse you will be sent to another doctor. We feel like he doesn't listen to us, and just placates us so we go away. One time, my son had a broken collar bone, so my husband took our little guy to Goddard-Hill. He said it wasn`t broken, but we went to the hospital the next day they confirmed what I already knew. There has been several incidents that we have had to go to clinics or the emergency room, after seeing him, because he did not help us. His receptionist Lesley was the only saving grace, and now she has retired.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

Dr G has been my doctor for almost twenty years. He us a good man and I respect his approach to medicine. A doctor has the impossible job of being all things to all people and come up with the answers. He refers to a specialist when appropriate and prescribes where necessary.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

Horrible Doc, thinks he is God, awful to deal with. My mother had the bad luck to have him while she was in the hospital. He was uncaring, wouldn't listen and finally gave a wrong diagnosis. Avoid

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

Dr. Goddard-Hill has been my family's doctor for 15 years. He is cautious and does not over medicate. He asks "what do you think" to get more information from you not because he lacks knowledge. When I had a possible cancer scare he had me in a specialist's office very quickly. Great doctor.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2010

The referral king....always asks what I think...when I don't know, he refers me to someone else.... More waiting time!!!Dr.G knows little about childrens/ adult learning disabilities and is too hesitant to make any decisions on his own.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2010

SUCH an intelligent, knowledgeable physician. We feell so lucky to have someone like this to care for your family. Very respected in the community.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2010

Dr. G-H has that dry sense of humour that tends to shadow the depth of his knowledge. He has an unusual approach (what do you think?) with certain medical issues, which I suspect is to weed out hyperchondriacs and pill-seekers. He's been my doc forever and did not hesitate in taking on my girlfriend (now mother of my children and wife) when her doctor retired. This guy knows his stuff and deals with real emergencies and medical issues promptly while letting nature take its course instead of overmedicating common illnesses. Great service,particularly when involving children... they see the kids right away without causing undue stress or alarm. Thanks Doc.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2009

Has been our MD for about 16 years. Nice guy, but sadly reticent to make decisions or say much at all. Typically after following the normal course of personal research with no solutions and resolving to spend the excessive time required in any Dr office we finally arrive to meet him face to face and explain our problem. Nine times out of ten he will say "Hmmmm...... what do you think it is'? Nice to feel included in the diagnosis but often times he has not dug deep enough to find the problem until months later or until another Dr or technician diagnoses. I simply don't feel very confident with Dr G and we have opted for a 3 hour wait in emerg instead at times.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2008