Ratings for Dr. Ron Komar

If you have a medical back ground of sort you will come to realize how knowledgeable he IS NOT. He lacks knowledge of where his scope of practice ends and specialist scope should begin leading to misdiagnosis that can have a long term impact. Straight forward to the point of errogance. Retirement several years too late.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Dr. Komar has been my doctor for over 20 years now, and he also looks after my wife and daughter. He has a direct approach, but I've found that once he has seen you a few times, he can be quite chatty and friendly. When it comes down to the medical, he's direct and to the point. I've occasionally done some of my own "internet doctoring" and gone in asking him "oh I read maybe this test should help or that test" etc.. He's always been quick to tell me why that is or is NOT the case, and has offered information on why he feels that way. I've always left his office feeling like we're now on the right track. Over the years I've had to go to the occasional walk in clinic, ER visit etc. and quite a few of those doctors have told us he is considered to be one of the best diagnosticians in the area. I have to say he's never steered us wrong in our diagnoses , treatments etc.. I know he's working on retirement now. I'll miss him once he fully retires.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

Dr. Komar has been with me and my family for years. He doesn't sugar coat anything. I like the direct approach and he is always making sure that at the end of the appointment, everything is understood. He is a great Dr.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

Dr. Komar is a very responsible and conscientious to follow up with patients. If I miss my monthly INR test, the secretary calls to remind me. He has also called me after hours to follow up on important matters. He is a little overprotective of abuse of the health care system when asking for a referral. One needs to assertively request a prescription to go to a non-raditional doctor. Other than that he is great!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011

I switched to a different doctor (I lied and said I didn't have one) who has actual bedside manner and listens to my concerns without making me feel like an idiot. I think your GP should make you feel comfortable, and free to express your concerns without judgment. Even if he is uncomfortable with being "touchy-feely", he should take into account that some people need that in order to open up and say what is wrong. That is how you get good care and prevent major health issues. Whatever. I'm sure he doesn't care. Apathy is his specialty.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2010

Dr. Komar has been my doctor for almost 20 years. He now looks after my wife and children. HE IS FANTASTIC! Very down to earth and will tell you like it is. He has had to refer me to a few specialist. They have all spoke highly of him. I remember one saying, "Well Komar's your doctor. He knows what he's doing." Nurse Kim is great. When you call with a problem, they will get you in with a day or even the same day.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2010

Dr.Komar is very knoledgeable straight forward in his assement and listens to your problems.He has refered me to three different specialist for assement and surgery.These Drs. speak very highly of Dr. Komar. He is tops.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2010

Dr. Komar has been my family doctor for 15-20 years now. Now my own family sees him as well. I have found him to be very honest and up front about many things. I also find his direct approach refreshing. He doesn't send us for tests he feels are unnecessary, and so far he's always been right. We even went to a clinic after hours one night and was told by the doctor that Komar was one of the best in the city. I asked how well he knew him and was told they've only met once or twice. Anyway we have never had any problems with him and will continue to see him until either we move away or he gives up the practice. I'd highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2009

Dr. Komar is an excellent Doctor, he is always available on a moments notice and he uses a direct and straight approach to his diagnosis.I would highly recommend him as an excellent family doctor.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2009

Dr. Komar has been my doctor since I was little and even then I didn't like him. I was scared of him and when I grew up I realized that he is a know it all who doesn't listen to his patients. i got pregnant at 17 and he treated me like crap. He ignored the fact that I had a urinary infection and then finally I just started seeing my obstetrician who cured it right away and took care in all my concerns.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2009