As a tertiary specialist I have need for colleagues who are not only technically excellent but responsive to my and my patients' needs. The ones I and Dr Gupta deal with are especially difficult cases - most of who have been rejected or otherwise dismissed by other vascular surgeons. What Dr Gupta has done is rare - not only is he technically evidently very proficient but both from personal experience and that of my patients, remarkably compassionate and reachable. Truly a rarity in the modern world of surgery. I cannot comment on punctuality as I have not been his patient but from the point of view of responsiveness to consultation request as well as that of his vascular lab staff - very good. Barbara Mederski MD, FRCP(C), ABIM(ID) Infectious Diseases Specialist - Toronto

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

Dr. Gupta has been my specialist for over 10 years. He is one of the best Doctor's I have ever seen. His front line staff are very pleasant and always willing to help. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Gupta or his staff. Thank you for everything you have done for me over the years.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

We have found Dr. Gupta to be very informed, friendly and caring in dealing with my mother's delicate health issues. I have always been able to reach his staff by phone and find them surprisingly friendly and willing to help - I am not sure what office some of the other reviewers on this site are visiting or if they are even real reviews, they don't sound at all like Dr. Gupta and his staff. I have been there at least 5 times in the last month and a half and had to call multiple times for questions and to book appointments for other tests there - they have always been very friendly and professional to me. 5 stars.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Very unfriendly staff, overbooked and no return back calls or email. Nurse seemed run off her feet doing to much. I never even got to meet the Doctor, the feel of the place was enough for me.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2015

Dr. Gupta's negligence has caused patient death. Why is he still allowed to practice? Why is the general public not warned about him? Please read the following link. http://www.halifaxmedicalmalpracticelawyerblog.com/2012/11/doctor_negligent_but_patient_l.html

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Dr. Gupta has been a fantastic doctor to my father. Dr. Gupta literally saved his life on two occasions. My father had surgery after a stroke and Dr. Gupta cleaned his carotid artery, then again many months later, he treated my father for a severe hematoma. In all our follow visits, he was courteous, caring and very respectful to me and my father, who was elderly when Dr. Gupta began treating him. I cannot speak for anyone else, but our experience with this doctor has been excellent.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014

Very unprofessional, vindictive...with long story, I can write a book with my experience with this doctor. He request blood work which I had to pay over $330.00 and even after 1 years he did not follow up with me,.. ignoring my family doctor 3 requests for follow up. He should not practice medicine in this country. PS to mention that he book scheduled me for surgery and after 24 hours with out eating and drinking water and putting up a bid show in the Newmarket hospital he came and told me that I need to reschedule the surgery ...with the follow up surgery ...you don't want to know my experience with his medical ethics(sorry he don't have that at all)

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

My son was diagnosed via U/S by a U/S dr and our GP with TOS. We were referred to DrG for confirmation and treatment. His office ran 4 sets of U/S before he even saw the patient. He ruled out the previous diagnosis based on his lab's U/S and said he didn't know what was turning our son's hands blue; sent us to a dermatologist(?). I realize now that the tests performed at his office were not done correctly for the condition he has (and he should have ordered a MRI). There seems to be a real disconnect between the doctor and his lab. My son was fortunate that our GP wouldn't take this 'botched'diagnosis and we got him into another hospital. He schedule for corrective surgery (removal of extra ribs) for his anterial/venous thoracic outlet syndrome. Thanks for wasting a year and risking my 12 yr old to aneurysm and DVT. If you have a choice see anyone else or at least get another opinion.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2012

This doctor saved my life. I had an obstructed bowel which was a complication following surgery. This man arrived in my room every morning for almost two weeks watching my blood for any septic traces, hoping not to have to do surgery again. Luckily the bowel corrected itself. Nobody in this world is perfect and I do not expect perfection, but Dr. Gupta was so very compassionate and caring, I feel very blessed to have been taken care by him and his staff. Thank you for everything!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2012

Not at all impressed with Gupta, who was very disinterested in symptoms caused by blocked artery, as well as the blocked artery itself. Am going to a specialist in Toronto, where they know what they're doing to have the artery repaired before suffering a stroke (Gupta waits until after a stroke before doing repairs - shocking!)

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012

Dr. Deepak Gupta's Credentials

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "As a tertiary specialist I have need for colleagues who are not only technically excellent but responsive to my and my patients' needs. The ones I and Dr Gupta ..."

December 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gupta has been my specialist for over 10 years. He is one of the best Doctor's I have ever seen. His front line staff are very pleasant and always willing t..."

December 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "We have found Dr. Gupta to be very informed, friendly and caring in dealing with my mother's delicate health issues. I have always been able to reach his staff ..."

December 1, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Very unfriendly staff, overbooked and no return back calls or email. Nurse seemed run off her feet doing to much. I never even got to meet the Doctor, the fe..."

November 26, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This uncaring Dr. Has purchased property on mulock ct. A 3 story ridiculous building in the middle of a residential subdivision. Entering & exiting Mulock ct wi..."

September 2, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gupta's negligence has caused patient death. Why is he still allowed to practice? Why is the general public not warned about him? Please read the following ..."

May 28, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gupta has been a fantastic doctor to my father. Dr. Gupta literally saved his life on two occasions. My father had surgery after a stroke and Dr. Gupta cl..."

November 23, 2014
  • Specialty changed from "Surgeon (general)" to "Vascular / Phlebologist"

November 22, 2013
  • City changed from "New Market" to "Newmarket"

February 19, 2012