Ratings for Dr. Frank Potestio

Saw Dr. Potestio for the first time. I was in a frustrated mood for having to wait 45 minutes, however I was immediately put at ease by his disposition - he was very knowledgeable, took the time to explain all of my options - he was sensitive to my issue. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

Delivered with him in hospital. Horrible bedside manner, would never speak directly to me, only tried speaking to others in the room, having them convince me to go along with his agenda/timeline, and ignored me constantly. Dismissed and seemed annoyed by all of my questions and concerns. Very rough physical exam during labour. After a long labour which I was not objecting to or begging to be freed of in any way and throughout which he constantly intervened with negative comments, he ultimately pushed me into options I had repeatedly objected to, resulting in less than favourable outcomes for myself and my baby. Emergency preventative measures were necessary to mitigate possible negative results from rough forcep delivery. Did not feel well cared for post-delivery, sloppy job of stitches and zero verbal interaction.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

Very knowlegeable and thorough with his explanations. A comforting bedside manner. Easy to talk to and didnt feel rushed. Very professional but friendly. Was very patient and informative with my questions. Great bedside manner..

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

He was amazing and take the time to explain my surgery.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

Very professional and makes you feel at ease. Took care of the issue (polyp) immediately.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

I was recently referred to Dr.Potestio for ?PCOS and ?endometriosis. Ive had a handful of appointments with him now, and every time I leave in a better mood than when I arrived. He is so calm, knowledgable and doesn't beat around the bush. He diagnosed me with PCOS and has referred me to an internationally known doctor for ?endometriosis. I feel so well taken care of and I know he has referred me to the correct doctor for my needs.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

He is always very helpful with all my questions and concerns. He doesn't make me feel nervous with awkward situations Overall a great gyno and doctor n person

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

He was so very clear on the pros and cons of my surgery, helped me to figure it out on my own by giving me all the info I needed to make an informed decision. He was fun, friendly, unassuming and above ALL, professional at ALL times. Thank you for your help and guidance in a very scary circumstance.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Potestio due to a cystocyle. Not only did he confirm that, but he also found I had a rectocele and a dropped uterus. He explained the surgical option to me and informed me that alternately I could be fitted with a pessary which is a successful option for some women. He put me on estrogen and gave me more information to read at my leisure. I decided to go with the pessary which is working out wonderfully so I won't have to have invasive surgery. I now see him every four months for follow up check-ups. I am sometimes upset when I see him due to chronic bladder infections (not related to prolapse or pessary) but he is always kind, understanding and gentle. I never feel rushed and he is always a gentleman. Very knowledgeable with a terrific staff. When I go to my appointments my wait time is never more than 5 minutes. I am sooo thankful to have this wonderful doctor in my life.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

I only dealt with him for an emergency c-section. He seemed nice but during the procedure he cut my beautiful newborn girl's face, an inch in another direction and he would've cut my baby's eye. It was upsetting and the doctor just downplayed it and didn't even speak directly to me about it. He said it was just a scratch, it was substantially more than just a scratch, she has a scar from the cut that is not going away.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016