You may also like

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

I have been with Dr. Pienaar for several years. She has always taken me seriously and helped me with everything. She is an unofficial counselor for me as well. Highly recommend her as a doctor.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

The doctor herself has always been helpful with anything I've needed... Once I have made it into the office. The staff are always late so never book an appointment in the morning before work or you will likely be standing in the hall discussing how often this happens with all of the other ticked off patients.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

First off: The staff suck. I've literally (yes, literally, not metaphorically) spent an entire day at work hitting the redial button periodically, hoping to finally get through so I could book an appointment. If you don't reach the morning secretary, be prepared to not understand a single word the afternoon secretary says, because her accent is impossible. Next: She's ALWAYS SUPER late. I intentionally planned to be 45 minutes late, got lost and frustrated with the parking at the new building (seriously, if you're unfamiliar with it, it's a disaster), and ended up being an hour and 15 minutes late for my appointment. I was scolded by the secretary for being late... and then waited 15 minutes to be called. Oooookay then. Finally: She's got a good basis of knowledge, but she's kind of hit and miss. I've had a fine time with her, but my dad always had huge issues with her. My whole family has been seeing her for 10+ years (probably closer to 15), and none of us particularly care for her. But if she's okay with you, you're probably fine. If not... you may want to start looking. It really does vary a lot with her.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Dr Pienaar has been my family physician for the past 10 years and is very kind, intelligent, knowledgable, patient, and thorough. Very pleased.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2014

I like her. I think she does a great job, listens well and we have never had an issue. I dont find her wishy washy at all. Sometimes, wishy washy out gets wishy washy in - maybe oyu need to look in the mirror and ask yourself, is it me, or her?

flag | Submitted February 8, 2011

I would not recommend this doctor. She is wishie/washie. I would be extremely concerned if I had a serious medical issure and hoped it would be dealt with by Dr. Pienaar. Unfortunately it is hard to find a family doctor in Calgary, but I am trying to find a new doctor. Not only is the doctor not helpful or knowledgeble, but I called for an appointment due to an ear infection by hear aid provider had noted, and was told I would have to wait two weeks to get into Dr. Pienaar and I could not see anyone else in this clinic. I wonder why emergency departments, ungent care are backed up.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2010

Dr. Pienaar is fantastic! She has a warm and caring bedside manner and is thorough with all assessments. When it comes to GPs, she is top notch.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2010

Run, run, run as fast as you can away from this doctor. If you have a somewhat mild medical history she wants nothing to do with you. I found her to be rude and condenscending. I had a procedure done in her office and as a result I got a infection that I am still bothered with today. She will not even discuss other options and often says "Well it is a result of this." and effectively closes the door of communication. I was not impressed. My stress level has been greatly reduced after I found another doctor.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2010

Dr. Sonja Pienaar's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Very helpful and informative. Takes plenty of time to listen and discuss treatment. Sometimes have to wait quite a while after appointment time"

January 3, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been with Dr. Pienaar for several years. She has always taken me seriously and helped me with everything. She is an unofficial counselor for me as well. ..."

December 8, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "The doctor herself has always been helpful with anything I've needed... Once I have made it into the office. The staff are always late so never book an appointm..."

July 24, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Pienaar is pleasant, informed, and open to discussing care options. Great experience!"

May 13, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "First off: The staff suck. I've literally (yes, literally, not metaphorically) spent an entire day at work hitting the redial button periodically, hoping to fin..."

November 5, 2014