You may also like

Rate Dr. Sonja Pienaar

Dr. Sonja Pienaar's Ratings

The doctor herself has always been helpful with anything I've needed... Once I have made it into the office. The staff are always late so never book an appointment in the morning before work or you will likely be standing in the hall discussing how often this happens with all of the other ticked off patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2876096].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Dr Pienaar is pleasant, informed, and open to discussing care options. Great experience!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2805867].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

First off: The staff suck. I've literally (yes, literally, not metaphorically) spent an entire day at work hitting the redial button periodically, hoping to finally get through so I could book an appointment. If you don't reach the morning secretary, be prepared to not understand a single word the afternoon secretary says, because her accent is impossible.
Next: She's ALWAYS SUPER late. I intentionally planned to be 45 minutes late, got lost and frustrated with the parking at the new building (seriously, if you're unfamiliar with it, it's a disaster), and ended up being an hour and 15 minutes late for my appointment. I was scolded by the secretary for being late... and then waited 15 minutes to be called. Oooookay then.
Finally: She's got a good basis of knowledge, but she's kind of hit and miss. I've had a fine time with her, but my dad always had huge issues with her. My whole family has been seeing her for 10+ years (probably closer to 15), and none of us particularly care for her. But if she's okay with you, you're probably fine. If not... you may want to start looking. It really does vary a lot with her.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2608462].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2014

Dr Pienaar has been my family physician for the past 10 years and is very kind, intelligent, knowledgable, patient, and thorough. Very pleased.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2500344].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2014

I like her. I think she does a great job, listens well and we have never had an issue. I dont find her wishy washy at all. Sometimes, wishy washy out gets wishy washy in - maybe oyu need to look in the mirror and ask yourself, is it me, or her?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1705325].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2011

I would not recommend this doctor. She is wishie/washie. I would be extremely concerned if I had a serious medical issure and hoped it would be dealt with by Dr. Pienaar. Unfortunately it is hard to find a family doctor in Calgary, but I am trying to find a new doctor. Not only is the doctor not helpful or knowledgeble, but I called for an appointment due to an ear infection by hear aid provider had noted, and was told I would have to wait two weeks to get into Dr. Pienaar and I could not see anyone else in this clinic. I wonder why emergency departments, ungent care are backed up.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1705324].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2010

Dr. Pienaar is fantastic! She has a warm and caring bedside manner and is thorough with all assessments. When it comes to GPs, she is top notch.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1705323].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2010

Run, run, run as fast as you can away from this doctor. If you have a somewhat mild medical history she wants nothing to do with you. I found her to be rude and condenscending. I had a procedure done in her office and as a result I got a infection that I am still bothered with today. She will not even discuss other options and often says "Well it is a result of this." and effectively closes the door of communication. I was not impressed. My stress level has been greatly reduced after I found another doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1705322].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2010

She is very undependable and leaves location without any warning. I was stranded for months without a doctor and could have been notified. Thank goodness for other great doctors!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1705321].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2010

She's been my doctor for 5 years and I've never had a problem with her. Has always been pleasant to talk to and takes excellent care of all the concerns I may have. I have several ongoing health problems and she's helped greatly. Never wasted tax dollars by ordering unnecessary tests and will try to solve problems without over medicating. I've never had to wait more than 15 minutes to see her although now with walk-in hours being cut, I do have to make an appointment which can take awhile to get in (unless it's a serious problem). Overall, she's the best doctor I've had.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1705320].votes_count ]]