Ratings for Dr. Steve E. Firme

Dr. Firme has always been very attentative and great with my son from birth. He is not three and loves his visits with Dr. Firme. I have recommened him to lots of my firends who also love Dr. Firme.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

I requested my child's medical records afrer I was dissatisfied with the care my son was given by Dr. Firme. It's been 6 months, and I'm still waiting. Even my new pediatrican is shocked how long it has taken Dr. Firme to provide the documents. I formally requested records over 4 times, did a personal visit to express the urgency since several speciality doctors are waiting for his records. I can understand that a doctor needs time to review the file before sending copies out, but a HAlf YEAR wait is just ridiculous and very suspicious. Also, the desk staff person was rude and not very helpful at all. The nurse that assists Dr. Frime was actually more helpful and supportive as I stuggled to get my point across.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

Dr, Firme is a great doctor, very knowledgeable and patient. My premature babies get excellent care with him. Recommend him to all my friends.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2011

There's a commentary from 08 on here that i TOTALLY agree with. My child had physical challenges from he was born and Dr. Firme told me not to worry.. We consistenly asked the Dr. if we should do anything more..and he said "not to worry, he'll grow out of it".. Well, my baby is almost one and there is definitely something wrong and come to find out , my child does have a problem that needs immediate attention. Had I known earlier, I could have address my baby's problem early.. Dr. Firme is very nice, but lacks the wisdom to notice a child who may have special needs. If you're child is healthy, and has no issues with development, go for it.. But I must warn you, the staff person he has running the front desk is not the most professional or helpful..and your appt wait is very long and I think the office management can do a much better job of running the office..

flag | Submitted September 13, 2010

The wait at this office is UNBELIEVABLE. Even when you try getting an appt. first thing in the AM, he's already behind. I will say that when he's in the exam room, he doesn't rush you and he listens to any concerns, but waiting with a squirmy toddler for 1.5 to 2 HOURS before he even sees my child is ridiculous. When my daughter was a newborn, I really liked him, but the older she gets, the more awkward the conversations get. The office staff has always been very polite to us; no complaints there. If you go in with a new baby, expect to be told at some point that he/she is lactose intolerant or has a milk allergy. If you look at the statistics on how many babies actually have these problems, it astounds me how readily he pushes the expensive formulas, etc., without trying other, simpler fixes first (in my case, a breastfeeding issue was causing the problem). He's not a horrible doctor; you could do far worse. It just depends on how long you're willing to wait per visit.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2010

My baby has medically complex needs. A letter was just sent to me from Dr Firme stating that Rainbow Pediatrics will be discontinuing the care of my baby and that I need to find another pediatrician. If your child is disabled or has special needs, please do not choose Dr Firme or Rainbow Pediactrics as the primary care. Dr Firme tends to argue with parents when special referrals are needed or prescriptions are not processed as expected. Do not expect this doctor to help parents with special needs children. The medical assistant does not convey messages accurately to the doctor and also does not go the exta length to co-ordinate insurance benefits.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2008

Dr. Steve E. Firme's Credentials

• Univ Of The Philippines, Coll Of Med, Manila, Philippines (Grad. 1989)