Ratings for Dr. Jo-Anne Hammond

I have recently had dealings with Dr Jo-ann Hammond and I have found her to be controlling and can be condescending. I think her ego gets the best of her and she really doesn't listen to others. I worry when a person thinks they know everything .

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

One of the most on point drs I have ever encountered. Very sad she will no longer be my family doctor.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Dr Hammond is by far one of the best physicians I have ever had. Mind you I have only had one physician and she birthed me, but I am a nursing student and I have seen some interesting physicians throughout my rotations. I have only met one physician that I would trust to be taking care of me. I wish Dr. Hammond the best in the future as she is moving on a new path in her medical career. Any person who is referred to her is truly blessed, she is an amazing physician.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr. Hammond just helped me deliver another baby for our family. It's been five years since she delivered my first child, but she is as trustable, responsible, experienced and quick in action, just as before! I am very satisfied with her work, and really appreciate her kindness and considerations during the whole pregnancy!

Submitted March 9, 2017

What a wonderful family health care team! I really enjoy that there are residents working at the practice because you really get an in-depth knowledge of what's going on and why they do things. She has been my family Dr for over 25years and delivered both my kids. She has always been patient, supportive, funny, kind and informative! Highly recommend her to anyone expecting!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Dr. Hammond delivered my 3 children. She was perfect for me. With my 1st child, I really wanted to have no medications. She completely supported my wishes and encouraged me throughout. She is so down to earth, she doesn't speak medical jargon to confuse you. In labour she gave me very clear short instructions that assisted me with pain management and a quick uncomplicated birth. Her knowledge base and experience is exceeding. I was lucky to have 3 unmedicated, uncomplicated births. She was present all 3 times with very short notice. 3 experiences that note the 3 best days of my life. Dr Hammond was a huge part of that.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

Dr Hammond has been my doctor for over 20 years. I feel lucky to have her as my doctor and find her mannerism as well her knowledge and care great. Again lucky to have her as my doctor.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Horrible physician, cruel and condescending. Can't comment on her knowledge but doesn't deserve to be a physician let alone interact with the public.

Submitted January 13, 2016

Jo-Anne and her staff have delivered both my children. I could not be happier with her level of care. I had several ultrasounds and non stress tests ordered as my second pregnancy was high risk. The woman's story with several spelling errors does not add up as Dr Hammond doesn't do ultrasounds in her office, her nurses dont measure you and she is very caring. The hospital often has long induction waits and that is out of Dr Hammonds control.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

was recommanded to go with Dr hammond by a friend. Unfortuanitly shedoesnt care about you or baby , she is more convern about using ohip money then babys safety. I was expecting my second baby and during the pregnancy i had a very strange feeling on something was wrong and i kept telling the doctor and she started lecturing me on how some doctors send people to do ultrasounds and how they use ohip money for no reason. She never care to spend more then 5 min with me. I was measured by her staff. I was 10 days late and when i went to the hospital day nefore my induction , i asked her to do a wuick ultrasound and finally she did. She told me that i had no amniotic fluid left but dont worry illbe inducied the next day so eventhough i was freaking out she send me home. So i didnt get induced for another 3 days and they didnt care that i had no amniotic fliluid left even though i called them million times. They kept telling me to wait. So long story short my daughter was born by C section and the doctors that checking her while she was in NICU told me that Dr hammond should have known that i am low in amniotic fluid since they were measuring me at each visit, and we were lucky that my baby was alive. She was diagnosed with a synderom which all the other moms that had babies with this synderom had a c section way nefore due date because theitlr doctorfound put about low amniotic fluid. I would never recommend this person to anyone. She shouldnt be even allowed to be a OB.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015