Ratings for Dr. Seymour Blum

I can't believe the rubbish that is being spouted here against Dr. Blum , maybe they were having a bad reaction to the anesthetic . A few said he began the procedure before the anesthetic had taken effect....come on!!! I have been a patient of his for 20 years and have always found him to be competent ,compassionate and totally professional , I will continue to be his patient as long as need be.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2016

After lots of tests he could not find my problem. Absolute lack of compassion , was not like that 30 years ago. Rude secretary unless she likes you.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

Staff rude...keeps you waiting forever and a day!!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

Rude , rude and rude. Dr Blum and his secretary. Awfull , you feel like you are bothering both of them. You feel rushed and cannot get thru your list of questions.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Seems competent, but an a$$hole. I've had issues for 5 months now and he still can't find what's wrong with me.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

I had a similar experience as some of the others have voiced below. Preformed a colonoscopy without waiting for the sedative to kick in. He was going to start the procedure and I had to stop him as ask why I wasn't getting a sedative. He then gave it to me and started right away, so it was very painful. The nurses had to hold me down!! I have been with this doctor for 15 years + and he never did this in the past. Looks like I will be finding myself a new doctor as I have never had to much post colonoscopy pain before :(

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

I had a colonoscopy with Dr. Seymour Blum. It was one of the most unpleasant and traumatic experiences I have ever had during a medical procedure. In my opinion, Dr. Blum was rude and had a total disregard for the pain I was experiencing during the colonoscopy. He did not appear interested in how I was feeling. As the nurse was administering the sedative, he immediately began the test. He did not wait to see if the sedative had taken effect, which it had not. It was very, very painful and I cried aloud in pain. I was taken by surprise, as I had been informed the procedure would be painless. In a curt voice, he told me to stop voicing my pain and continued. Then, he informed me he would be doing a gastroscopy (unscheduled). Again, he did not wait to see if the anaesthetic had reached its desired effect and put the scope down my throat. He was very forceful and I felt as if I was choking. Consequently, I had a panic attack and reacted rather badly. He would not halt the procedure and had two nurses hold me down while he jammed the tube down my throat. I now question if, the results I received were accurate as each procedure was done so quickly and roughly. Later, in the recovery room Dr. Blum would not speak to me. He walked by my bed without a glance in my direction.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

I only had a single appointment with him - recommended by my GP. I walked in with tons of research and questions for him - despite trying my best to educate him and myself on my situation, it was clear that he couldn't care less. I felt like I was being herded through the appointment like a cow. What people are saying about his lack of compassion - I can totally testify to. What people are saying about him being compassionate, friendly, and even (ahem) easy on the eyes? wow! I can tell that they are folks flooding this forum with positive ratings that are probably close friends or family - because none of that rings true - you'll learn that the moment you walk into his office. And his secretary?! Wow what a number that one is! I arrived 45 minutes in advance knowing it might be tough to find parking. I scrambled around the neighbourhood to find change for the parking meters and some nice lady at the Tim Hortons next door helped me out - but after 3pm, no parking! So while waiting with what little parking time I had left, I asked the secretary if she knew where I could park. That woman didn't even bother looking up and answered in a very condescending way "no, I don't sorry" See, her lack of help cost me an $89 ticket. When I brought that up with my GP's secretary she said "oh, why didn't you use the parking in the building?" You will walk out of that office feeling alienated, depressed and frustrated...and judging by the other comments, if you're unlucky enough to get a colonoscopy from him - you'll live to regret it - So I'm not going to my follow-up meeting scheduled for tomorrow.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

Dr Blum is the rudest and roughest dr I have ever dealt with. He has no people skills whatsoever. He could not care less about my presence nor how I felt. Being my first colonoscopy (and last with him for sure) I was not quite sure what to expect. I was told that it's easy and you don't feel a thing. So I was pretty relaxed. However, I was not nearly sedated enough and felt absolutely everything. I screamed for a full 20 minutes and not once did he budge. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone and I will be sure to tell my GP who referred me to stop sending people to him unless they want to suffer and be ignored. He is fully responsible for the worst experience of my life.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015

I feel sorry for anyone in contact with this so called doctor. Wasted my time and energy today. He knows how to use medicare card to his advantage. I do not trust him, i do not like him, he has no communication skills, is more focused on writing than being. Whoever has rated him favorably on this site is probably a family member or...hey, maybe the doctor himself? Do not go and see this person. He is fully incompetent.!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Dr. Seymour Blum's Credentials

• McGill University (Grad. 1974)

Assurant