Ratings for Dr. Seymour Blum

I have been a patient of Dr. Blum's since 2012. Why I stay...I don't know. He is a very cold person most of the time. I think he's said one nice thing to me ever. His secretary is even WORSE! She makes you feel like you're a bother and actually makes a deep sigh of exasperation when you try to ask a question. What is that?? I've heard her yelling at elderly people that are registering at the counter. If you don't like to work with people...then get another job! As for the colonoscopy, I have no complaints about the procedure. It went well. The only thing that was upsetting was a very rude comment that he made to the nurse about my weight. He thought that I was sedated and I wasn't. Bottom line is....he never gave me a diagnosis. He said...oh, you probably have IBS. He didn't even look at me when he said it. It sounded like he was thinking out loud. He never told me if it was definitive diagnosis or what I should do to prevent IBS symtoms or ANYTHING. He told me to return in 3 years for another colonoscopy due to the large polyp that was found (non cancerous) and then when I showed up years later (as he requested) for my colonoscopy, he was actually angry! He said....what are you doing here? Why did you book this? Thank goodness I still had the paper with his recommendation for me to come back in 3 years. REALLY, REALLY disappointing.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

The first question he asked me is if I had an ultra sound which I responded in the negative which he seemed surprised. At that point he had 2 options. One prescribe one and make a new appointment or continue. with the procedure. With the $600.00 dancing in his eyes, he chose the second option. Despite putting me through much pain he discovered NOTHING and then prescribed the ultra sound

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Dr. Blum took me on when I was at the JGH emergency 10 years ago, with no GI, and he said to me, "we are going to take good care of you." That continues to resonate in his kindness over the years and throughout my relapses, in his knowledge and expertise and truly having taken good care of me, in his staff's kindness and promptness in accommodating and prioritizing visits and tests, in post-hospital care, and I can go on. All I can think of is I hope he doesn't plan on a retirement anytime soon.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

Dr. Blum is a very qualified GI Doctor. My family all go to him- we are all very satisfied!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

I personally had a fine experience getting a c-scope with Dr Blum. So don't be put off by the negative reviews, it was painless, staff was caring and attentive. And believe me, I am not shy about complaining if something is bad, and am also very sensitive to pain, so if there is a problem, I would have had it!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

I can't believe the rubbish that is being spouted here against Dr. Blum , maybe they were having a bad reaction to the anesthetic . A few said he began the procedure before the anesthetic had taken effect....come on!!! I have been a patient of his for 20 years and have always found him to be competent ,compassionate and totally professional , I will continue to be his patient as long as need be.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2016

After lots of tests he could not find my problem. Absolute lack of compassion , was not like that 30 years ago. Rude secretary unless she likes you.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

Staff rude...keeps you waiting forever and a day!!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

Rude , rude and rude. Dr Blum and his secretary. Awfull , you feel like you are bothering both of them. You feel rushed and cannot get thru your list of questions.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Seems competent, but an a$$hole. I've had issues for 5 months now and he still can't find what's wrong with me.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Dr. Seymour Blum's Credentials

• McGill University (Grad. 1974)