Ratings for Dr. Seymour Blum

Dr. Blum took me on when I was at the JGH emergency 10 years ago, with no GI, and he said to me, "we are going to take good care of you." That continues to resonate in his kindness over the years and throughout my relapses, in his knowledge and expertise and truly having taken good care of me, in his staff's kindness and promptness in accommodating and prioritizing visits and tests, in post-hospital care, and I can go on. All I can think of is I hope he doesn't plan on a retirement anytime soon.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

Dr. Blum is a very qualified GI Doctor. My family all go to him- we are all very satisfied!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

I personally had a fine experience getting a c-scope with Dr Blum. So don't be put off by the negative reviews, it was painless, staff was caring and attentive. And believe me, I am not shy about complaining if something is bad, and am also very sensitive to pain, so if there is a problem, I would have had it!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

I can't believe the rubbish that is being spouted here against Dr. Blum , maybe they were having a bad reaction to the anesthetic . A few said he began the procedure before the anesthetic had taken effect....come on!!! I have been a patient of his for 20 years and have always found him to be competent ,compassionate and totally professional , I will continue to be his patient as long as need be.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2016

After lots of tests he could not find my problem. Absolute lack of compassion , was not like that 30 years ago. Rude secretary unless she likes you.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

Staff rude...keeps you waiting forever and a day!!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

Rude , rude and rude. Dr Blum and his secretary. Awfull , you feel like you are bothering both of them. You feel rushed and cannot get thru your list of questions.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Seems competent, but an a$$hole. I've had issues for 5 months now and he still can't find what's wrong with me.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

I had a similar experience as some of the others have voiced below. Preformed a colonoscopy without waiting for the sedative to kick in. He was going to start the procedure and I had to stop him as ask why I wasn't getting a sedative. He then gave it to me and started right away, so it was very painful. The nurses had to hold me down!! I have been with this doctor for 15 years + and he never did this in the past. Looks like I will be finding myself a new doctor as I have never had to much post colonoscopy pain before :(

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

I had a colonoscopy with Dr. Seymour Blum. It was one of the most unpleasant and traumatic experiences I have ever had during a medical procedure. In my opinion, Dr. Blum was rude and had a total disregard for the pain I was experiencing during the colonoscopy. He did not appear interested in how I was feeling. As the nurse was administering the sedative, he immediately began the test. He did not wait to see if the sedative had taken effect, which it had not. It was very, very painful and I cried aloud in pain. I was taken by surprise, as I had been informed the procedure would be painless. In a curt voice, he told me to stop voicing my pain and continued. Then, he informed me he would be doing a gastroscopy (unscheduled). Again, he did not wait to see if the anaesthetic had reached its desired effect and put the scope down my throat. He was very forceful and I felt as if I was choking. Consequently, I had a panic attack and reacted rather badly. He would not halt the procedure and had two nurses hold me down while he jammed the tube down my throat. I now question if, the results I received were accurate as each procedure was done so quickly and roughly. Later, in the recovery room Dr. Blum would not speak to me. He walked by my bed without a glance in my direction.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

Dr. Seymour Blum's Credentials

• McGill University (Grad. 1974)

Oxford