You may also like

Rate Dr. Seymour Blum

Dr. Seymour Blum's Ratings

I feel sorry for anyone in contact with this so called doctor. Wasted my time and energy today. He knows how to use medicare card to his advantage. I do not trust him, i do not like him, he has no communication skills, is more focused on writing than being. Whoever has rated him favorably on this site is probably a family member or...hey, maybe the doctor himself? Do not go and see this person. He is fully incompetent.!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2879694].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

Dr. Blum has been my doctor for almost 25 years. He is excellent. Gentle and has an excellent bedside manner. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2875855].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Terrible, terrible, terrible. My emergency gastroscopy at the JGH was like something out of a horror movie. He barely spoke to me. Barely waited for sedative to kick in. Shoved that tube down and was rough. I have Ehlers-Danlos and this is very dangerous. I was gagging, slobbering and struggling. The nurse had to hold me down. Then he performed an anal exam in front of three students without my permission. I felt violated and angry. I will not see him again. And I hope he did not cause further internal bleeding with his rough scoping.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2817489].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

I was scheduled an appointment with Dr. Blum via the gastrocolorectal department at the Jewish General Hospital. The staff were friendly and pleasant, but he arrived late from his private clinic, was very brusque and rude, and unpleasantly dismissed my reason for being there and then barked instructions before shoving a tube down my throat. I'm sure he knew what he was doing, but his manner and lateness reflected poorly on him.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2764718].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Best doctor in gastrointestinal diseases. Bar none.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2746232].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

A technician spoke more to me than this doctor did. Asked me questions his nurses already put on my chart, and did not engage in any conversation or see if i had questions, before or after colonoscopy. I was in intense pain the whole time and it is three days later and I am still in pain due to his rough and fast work. (I was the last one of his morning). I am disturbed at how he treated me like a piece of meat and not a patient. He wrote that I was in pain on my chart but walked by me in recovery several times and never asked me how I was or even made eye contact. His attitude is like no doctor I have ever encountered. After such unnecessary pain, I would not want to go back to him unless I had no choice whatsoever. My husband went a few days before me, and although he did not have any real pain, he also did not feel comfortable with being treated like he was not even a person. He said he was grumpy and cold. I have no doubt that this doctor resents his job, by the way he behaved to both of us.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2617744].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2014

instead of waiting 1 year in the public system,I went to a very competent,fast,reliable service!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2600539].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

ThE WORST DOCTOR EXPERIENCE in my lifetime!Did not honour my prerequisite conditions & appointment & for non emergency issues ,he kept me waiting on a stretcher in the hall for long periods , evaded & or ignored my medical pre schedule list & meds, after taking me finally into his (jgh) procedural room, he engaged & occupied himself with computer new programs for a long period of time,which surely should & could have waited until after my medical internal, of course i was long non eating & other preexisting prestated & prelisted problems including my meds & shakes ,when i questioned how much longer before he takes me ,he stated & questioned if i am really a patient of his? i had seen & spoken with him at least three times & quite recent ,he then proceeded to non medicate me which is standard & created such unbefore ever experience ,that the whole floor heard my severe screaming , i suffered greatly ,before & after, i must state clearly however all other Drs i have ever had were excelle

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2453493].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

Total waste of time and energy. Went to talk to him about my celiac disease, chemical sensitivity, concomitant IBS, and malabsorbtion. He was not interested in talking, insisted on colonoscopy. Very long wait for hospital, several months. Once there I wrote clearly "allergic to anaesthetics. Very bad reaction." Colonoscopy very painful. I was awake and asked him to stop; he laughed and kept going. Afterward had reaction to anaesthetic (even though it didn't work). Low oxygen, not breathing. Staff didn't do anything practical like mask, just left oxygen monitor screaming in my ear and yelled at me "Wake up!". Finally got sat up and staff tried to get me out so they could leave. I said I couldn't. Finally someone asked if I was unwell (!!!) I said yes. She said I should have told them. (WTF?) I said "what did you THINK I meant by "bad reaction"??" Weeks later back at doctor. He said diverticulitis, eat more fiber. Out the door in under 5 min. DO NOT SEE THIS GUY.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1705596].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2014

Staff are the face and representative of the doctor(s), there to provide a service, not a disservice. It's harder to find civility these days so I choose to support it where I find it. Despite the fact that my apt. is 5 minutes walking distance from this clinic and the Jewish General, I chose to go to a private clinic on the West Island to have my colonoscopy because the doctor who performed my previous one at the Jewish General had a clinic there and when I called, the staff were courteous, helpful, kind and very professional and approachable, as is my doctor. Prior comments on this site suggest I'm not the only one who feels this way about the staff member who I went through to get my appt. with Dr. Blum. If I have to go thru an employee and be subjected to inappropriate and unprofessional behavior in order to see my doctor, I will reconsider my options. I cancelled my appt. This clinic needs an attitude adjustment. Therefore I cannot comment on Dr. Blum other than his staff choice.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1705595].votes_count ]]