Ratings for Dr. Richard Beaven

After waiting 45 minutes to see him, he only wanted to spend literally 60 seconds in the room. He listened to the fetal heart tones and tried to bolt. I told him I had questions and he did not seem eager to answer them or to spend any extra time with me and my husband. After I told him I had been cramping in the second trimester he rambled about possible incompetent cervix and he would check my cervix length and was out of the door. I was extremely upset. Not only did I wait 45 minutes to see him but I paid his practice 400$ that visit for my prenatal care, the VERY LEAST he could do was to pretend to be interested in me for 3 minutes... I will not willingly go back to him and quite honestly after the birth of our baby I will probably not be returning to this practice.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

Dr Beaven is a great Dr he is a great listener treat you like he cares. I will not see any other Dr is the practice other then him he is awesome.I would recommend him to anyone.He has great bedside manners .

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013

I have only had one patient visit with him but he was very nice and made me feel comfortable which is extremely important to me. I have since had 2 other visits with 2 female doctors at the practice, neither of them made me feel comfortable. I would be switching OB's if it weren't for him being there.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2012

Dr. Beaven is the best doctor i ever had,I always look forward to seeing him, because he is very helpful and has great manners. Good doctors are very hard to find these days. I hope he never leaves the office he works at. If so i would go where he goes.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2009

He is a very understanding doctor and willing to do whatever I wanted to try to alleviate heavy periods. Made sure I was screened for cancer and polyps and made every attempt to rule out any other causes. He talks to you in a caring way and doesn't act superior because he has a medical degree. Also, even though I sometimes wait an hour, when he does get to you he's willing to stay and talk so you don't feel like he's rushing to get to the next patient. Would recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2008

He would not grant my requested C-section, even though 2 difficult labors, big babies vaginally 8.5lbs,10.5lbs. Prior Spinal fusion before 3rd child pregnancy, Denied before delivery and during delivery, Result, son almost diedhad torn ligaments in neck, possible fractured skullpossible hemorrage to brain from vacuum/forceps i was told it would be a wait and see My son at age of 2 received physical therapyis still receiving speech developementalspecialist from traumatic birth. Which In my opinion could have been avoided if I was taken seriously and my request of a C-section was granted. My son's head was tilted so his chin was touching his chest and this was how he was pulled from my vagina, ripping me and causing me to still have anterior and posterior vagina prolapse. He never once came back to the hospital room or call to see how I was. One of the nurses even jumped on top of my stomach and pushed as hard as she could cause this doctor was yelling "We have to get this baby out!"

flag | Submitted April 23, 2007

He is truly a great doctor. I wouldn't choose anyone else. He is very helpful and compassionate.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2007

Dr. Beaven is very understanding and compassionate. Unlike most male gynecologist, he listens and tries to understand what you are going through. A++

flag | Submitted September 6, 2006

DR. BEAVENS IS A GREAT DOCTOR WHO IS VERY HELPFUL WITH ALL MY QUESTIONS!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2005

Dr. Richard Beaven's Credentials

• University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

Top Hospitals in Florence, KY