Dr. M. L. D. Fernando, Retired

Ratings for Dr. M. L. D. Fernando, Retired

With no interview at all this doctor said I had Borderline Personality Disorder despite not having a single symptom in common with the diagnosis. Despite the fact that I don't have any psychosis he made me take anti-psychotic medication that made me drool, dizzy, foggy in the head, extreme sensitivity to light/sunshine and feel as l though I was wearing cement blocks on my feet and walking through wet cement. He told me that my husband should use objects on me S*XUALLY even though he knew that I have a r a pe history. He told me unless I wanted to be sent to London Psych. for electroconvulsive therapy ECT I had to go home and have intercourse with my husband on demand. This person is NOT a doctor...not the kind of doctor anyone with any sense would want. Patients come out of his office every day distraught and crying after an interview. If I could give a grade less than one star I would certainly give it b/c this person is a ZERO and no vulnerable person should be anywhere near this "doctor". One good thing that came out of this bad business was that I went straight to an attorney and assigned my brother as Power of Attorney over my self and my finances. I added instructions that I should never be forced to have ECT or to take anti-psychotic medication. Now that I have the Power of Attorney, I can not be taken advantage of in this way EVER AGAIN.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

I was diagnosed in a glance with bipolar disorder without much questioning. I was immediately prescribed lithium and seroquel butI wasnt given dates or any information on how to have my bloodwork done. When i asked to be taken off seroquel i was denied at first then the second time he cut off my dosage immediately which led me to have 2 1/2 weeks of bed ridden withdrawals at home (puking, shaking, insomnia, nightmares, sweats, no appetite etc), I shouldve been tapered off my high dosage of seroqel but i wasnt. fernando took away a year of my life that was supposed to be new, exciting and happy made it stressfull fuzzy and sick.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

This man should have had his license ranked a long long time ago. I was having mood swings and depression that turned out to be a hypothyroidism issue.... Not bipolar as everyone is diagnosed with this doctor. So for 5 years I wasted money on drugs I didn't need and suffered that society stigma of the bipolar label with all medical help... Thanks lucky, you're a stand up doctor with A1 assessment. Karma will get you someday.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2017

Worse doctor I have ever known in my life. Made things worse not better. Thankfully my mom was sent to doctor in London who helped her come out of the damage that this doctor did.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

forced meds on me that nearly killed me 1000s of times neglected to tell me i cant just quit taking them and now i suffer from permanent brain damage

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

wow !!!!!!!!!!!!! dosen't take long to figure this guy out. like many people. I BLAMED MY FAMILY. FRIENDS, ECT FOR THE PROBLEMS I HAD. IT TOOK ME TIME ? TO FIGURE THINGS OUT !!!!! AND IN THE END YOU MAY FIGURE OUT WHY THINGS HAPPEN THE WAY THEY DO I HOPE ANYONE READING THIS WILL GET THROUGH WHATEVER PROBLEMS THEY ARE HAVING. ALL THE PHRASES IN SONGS MOVIES BOOKS WILL I BELIEVE FOR ALL SUFFERING FROM ANY PROBLEM WILL GET THROUGH IT. LOVE YOU ALL. DR FERNANDO WAS NO HELP EXPECT MORE FROM PEOPLE WHO ARE SUPPOSSED TO BE HELD TO A HIGHER STANDARD. ITS NEVER TO LATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Disgusted to see my family member get treated like his illness is a joke and doesn't matter. I cannot belive Dr.Fernando is still working as a mental health doctor.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Like every other one of his patients I was diagnosed as bipolar, I was in the hospital for 3 weeks and I dreaded everyday I had to see him. He never really seemed to listen and rarely had an answer to any of my questions, I always felt worse after our sessions. He is extremely ignorant. I got more help from the nursing staff! THANK GOD HE IS RETIRING!!!!!!

Submitted March 26, 2017

Fortunate not to have him but did not hear one positive comments from his patients. Retiring,finally,seems to delight in irritating people???

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

This Dr is the most useless man i have ever had to deal with. I was called a liar, stupid and a idiot. Just what you want to hear when you are looking for help. I will never go back to the Woodstock hospital for any help with depression again.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017