Ratings for Dr. M. L. D. Fernando

wow !!!!!!!!!!!!! dosen't take long to figure this guy out. like many people. I BLAMED MY FAMILY. FRIENDS, ECT FOR THE PROBLEMS I HAD. IT TOOK ME TIME ? TO FIGURE THINGS OUT !!!!! AND IN THE END YOU MAY FIGURE OUT WHY THINGS HAPPEN THE WAY THEY DO I HOPE ANYONE READING THIS WILL GET THROUGH WHATEVER PROBLEMS THEY ARE HAVING. ALL THE PHRASES IN SONGS MOVIES BOOKS WILL I BELIEVE FOR ALL SUFFERING FROM ANY PROBLEM WILL GET THROUGH IT. LOVE YOU ALL. DR FERNANDO WAS NO HELP EXPECT MORE FROM PEOPLE WHO ARE SUPPOSSED TO BE HELD TO A HIGHER STANDARD. ITS NEVER TO LATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Disgusted to see my family member get treated like his illness is a joke and doesn't matter. I cannot belive Dr.Fernando is still working as a mental health doctor.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Like every other one of his patients I was diagnosed as bipolar, I was in the hospital for 3 weeks and I dreaded everyday I had to see him. He never really seemed to listen and rarely had an answer to any of my questions, I always felt worse after our sessions. He is extremely ignorant. I got more help from the nursing staff! THANK GOD HE IS RETIRING!!!!!!

Submitted March 26, 2017

Fortunate not to have him but did not hear one positive comments from his patients. Retiring,finally,seems to delight in irritating people???

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

This Dr is the most useless man i have ever had to deal with. I was called a liar, stupid and a idiot. Just what you want to hear when you are looking for help. I will never go back to the Woodstock hospital for any help with depression again.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

He suffers from schizophrenia that's why r ruin my daughters life .he wouldn't let my daughter raise her baby because she was diagnosed sch. Not all people with mental illness is a threat too others.i took her too London hospital after fr ferando drug her up so much .stay away from him.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

I was admitted when I was 20 years old. Dr. Fernando believed I was Bipolar and Schizophrenic. I was simply depressed due to the things that were happening in my life. He spent about 5 minutes with me before attempting to diagnose me. He was rude, arrogant and laughed at the things my family and I said. He seemed to get a kick out of the fact that my family and boyfriend were attempting to get me out of WGH so I could go back to my university studies as WGH was NOT helping. He wanted to put me on drugs. He wanted to medicate me. I refused and was let out and gave myself my own therapy with diet and exercise. Unfortunately, my brother, Thomas, was one of his victims. He diagnosed my brother with bipolar and schizophrenia and put him on Valium. My brother became so dependent on these drugs which he didn't need, and stopped taking them for 3 days, he got the shakes and severe depression and ended up committing suicide. I blame Dr. FERNANDO for the misdiagnosis, heavy reliance on harmful medication, and lack of compassion. Avoid this awful awful psychiatrist like the plague. He is harming the citizens of Woodstock and I guarantee my brother isn't the only knew who tried to get help from the hospital and ended up committing suicide.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Terrible doctor. Very rude to myself and my family he doesn't listen and makes assumption without even getting to know a person. He didn't listen in my family meeting and thought I was driving under the influence and suspended my license when i asked for another family meeting so they could tell him that's not what they said he refused my request and wouldn't even consider speaking with my family. There is definitely a language and personality barrier with this doctor and if i could give a rating lower than 1 he would have a big ZERO. I honestly feel bad for anyone who is assigned to this man. Get a second opinion

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

I could not relax and open up with Dr. Fernando. And I always felt worse and defeated when I left sessions with him. He was not helpful for me. Perhaps someone else. But definitely not me. Fortunately, he went on vacation, and I was fortunate to get help from Dr. Amanullah. If you have the option, pick Dr. A.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

The whole mental health division are a bunch of ignorant careless a holes !!! More complaints about their behaviour should be made to the college of physicians and surgeons!! They treat people like pieces of dirt in the hardest times if there lives:(

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016