You may also like

Ratings for Dr. M. L. D. Fernando

Submitted April 1, 2016

Total a hole, saw him at WGH today and was shocked to see him still employed. I was under his care years ago, he diagnoses everyone as bipolar, he's rude, arrogant and and offers no counselling whatsoever. Avoid this man like the plague.

Submitted January 21, 2016

It is very sad to read these posts about this arrogant, foolish Doctor. My surprise is nobody wants to take action. May be he is not qualified in medical practice. May be he has a fake degree from Somalia. He keeps on going and giving bad diagnosis to Canadians. We had a Doctor from Somalia like him and together we took a class action lawsuit and won the case easily. Some members got as much as $100,000 dollars. You should take action and send him back to Somalia where he came from.

Submitted September 19, 2015

He treated me like a piece of dirt , laughed at me about my problems yelled at me to make me feel worse about myself this doctor is horrible , he smiled the whole time I was talking about sexual abuse , he is a no good doctor who needs his medical license taking away from him , he called my grandma after I got out , yelled at her then laugh and hung up , he needs to GO! , he kept shoving word down my throat !

Submitted September 19, 2015

A poor listener. Lacks compassion. Unable to admit his own errors (or lack of knowledge). His giggles and smirks during appointments do little to make the patient feel at ease. His total demeanor is one that downplays the seriousness of his patient's condition while communicating how "brilliant" he finds himself to be. Run in the opposite direction from this guy.

Submitted August 6, 2015

This doctor is intellectually lazy. 18 years ago, when I was a depressed 15 year old girl, he tried to diagnose me with schizophrenia and bi-polar disorder, recommending heavy medication. Thank goodness my parents demanded a second opinion from another doctor, who said that I was having a normal reaction to a very stressful situation and referred me to a brilliant and helpful therapist. I am a sensitive and empathic person which isn't easy, however, I've learned many skills to cope and have remained medication-free. In my 30's I am a healthy, empowered, successful business owner.....things could have taken a very different path had I followed his treatment plan, been heavily medicated and given all my power away.

Submitted May 26, 2015

Submitted February 9, 2015

He is overbearing and if you even hint he could be wrong he becomes even worse

Submitted December 23, 2014

Submitted December 10, 2014

Dr. Fernando attempted to overmedicate me regardless of my sensitivity. When I refused to take what he prescribed he threatened me with a Form 3, even though I had compromised and taken one of the medications he offered. I had a severe reaction to what I took, as I told him I would. Dr. Fernando is dismissive, arrogant, condescending and a bully.

Submitted April 18, 2013

Dr. M. L. D. Fernando's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Nilanga Fernando. Do not use his services, this man should not be a doctor. A complete a-hole, I'm surprised he's allowed to practice. "

April 1, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Total a hole, saw him at WGH today and was shocked to see him still employed. I was under his care years ago, he diagnoses everyone as bipolar, he's rude, arrog..."

January 21, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "It is very sad to read these posts about this arrogant, foolish Doctor. My surprise is nobody wants to take action. May be he is not qualified in medical pract..."

September 19, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He treated me like a piece of dirt , laughed at me about my problems yelled at me to make me feel worse about myself this doctor is horrible , he smiled the wh..."

September 19, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Why is this doctor allowed to practice. He does not talk or help he medicates. He is an arrogant, lying POS. It's sad WGH can't find any better than him."

September 16, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "A poor listener. Lacks compassion. Unable to admit his own errors (or lack of knowledge). His giggles and smirks during appointments do little to make the patie..."

August 6, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I found this doctor to be rude, judgemental, and having a total lack of compassion for patients"

July 17, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "This doctor "Lucky" Fernando should not be allowed to practice anywhere in this country. I worked with him and I was also a patient of his. He incorrectly dia..."

June 30, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This doctor is intellectually lazy. 18 years ago, when I was a depressed 15 year old girl, he tried to diagnose me with schizophrenia and bi-polar disorder, rec..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Diagnosis's without putting any effort in. Blatantly rude and uncaring. To make matters worse he can't even prescribe new or useful drugs. Avoid at all costs. "

March 18, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I found this doctor to be rude, judgmental, and having a total lack of compassion for patients"

February 9, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "He is overbearing and if you even hint he could be wrong he becomes even worse"

December 23, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I found this doctor to be rude, judgemental, and having a total lack of compassion for patients"

December 10, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Switch your doctor ASAP or deal with the devil himself. He diagnoised me scitso, biopolar and psychosis after he lock me in segragation for 10 days .He gave me ..."

November 22, 2014
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Fernando is uncaring, unsympathetic, and does not take adequate time for diagnosis. Follow up visits are a joke. Do not go near this man or any psychiatrist..."

October 24, 2014