You may also like

Rate Dr. M. L. D. Fernando

Dr. M. L. D. Fernando's Ratings

A poor listener. Lacks compassion. Unable to admit his own errors (or lack of knowledge). His giggles and smirks during appointments do little to make the patient feel at ease. His total demeanor is one that downplays the seriousness of his patient's condition while communicating how "brilliant" he finds himself to be. Run in the opposite direction from this guy.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2887779].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2015

This doctor "Lucky" Fernando should not be allowed to practice anywhere in this country. I worked with him and I was also a patient of his. He incorrectly diagnosed me, he put me on medication that made me ill and so sensitive to light that I couldn't open my eyes in his office that was windows on both sides of the room. When I couldn't open my eyes in the bright room he told me "get out". He tried to make me say my father s exually abused me as a child which is completely untrue, he divulged information about a r ape to my husband without my permission, information that I had never shared with my husband in the 25 years we were married. He told my husband that he was better off divorcing me, told my husband that I viewed him as a "father figure" and wrote in my chart that he predicts a divorce in the near future. He forced medications on me that I knew were not appropriate from my own career in psychiatry, he told me (a victim of r ape) that I should let my husband use a D I L D O on me and I wouldn't have pain during intercourse. Just what every victim of r ape wants...someone to use an object on them sexually. He made me go on a weekend pass on the condition I would go home and have s ex with my husband who I hadn't had s ex with in a very long time and I was supposed to report back to him on the following Monday. This man is a sick Pi G. I knew it when I worked with him and I got to find out first hand under his feeble excuse for care. He diagnosed me as Borderline Personality Disorder when for over 20 years I'd been suffering from cyclic depressions. I was with my husband for 25 years (no problem with interpersonal relationships), I was a nurse for 23 years straight, I'd had no trouble with the law, not even a parking ticket in my life, never broke the law, never engaged in reckless or dangerous behaviors, never self-harmed, nothing. The only category I fit was that I had been suicidal 3x in my life when I was in deep depression each time. For BPD you must fit minimum FIVE of the criteria. I fit one and only when deeply in depression. This man should have care of NO ONE, not even a family pet. As for the nurses, they covered up for him at every turn. I have no idea if they were intimidated by him or why they covered up for him but ONE nurse did tell my husband that he had sent me on the weekend pass just to have s ex and for him to use a d i l d o on me. When I didn't do that 'as ordered' he discharged me which was just as well as I never want to see this man again.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2852334].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

This doctor is intellectually lazy. 18 years ago, when I was a depressed 15 year old girl, he tried to diagnose me with schizophrenia and bi-polar disorder, recommending heavy medication. Thank goodness my parents demanded a second opinion from another doctor, who said that I was having a normal reaction to a very stressful situation and referred me to a brilliant and helpful therapist. I am a sensitive and empathic person which isn't easy, however, I've learned many skills to cope and have remained medication-free. In my 30's I am a healthy, empowered, successful business owner.....things could have taken a very different path had I followed his treatment plan, been heavily medicated and given all my power away.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2818211].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

I found this doctor to be rude, judgmental, and having a total lack of compassion for patients

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2716005].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2015

He is overbearing and if you even hint he could be wrong he becomes even worse

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2661897].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 23, 2014

I found this doctor to be rude, judgemental, and having a total lack of compassion for patients

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2649105].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

Dr. Fernando attempted to overmedicate me regardless of my sensitivity. When I refused to take what he prescribed he threatened me with a Form 3, even though I had compromised and taken one of the medications he offered. I had a severe reaction to what I took, as I told him I would. Dr. Fernando is dismissive, arrogant, condescending and a bully.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][1706527].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

In my opinion this doctor is a good doctor dont know why so many complaints doesn't even seem like it's the same doctor that i know . Never had an issue with him. I have been a patiente for more then 10 years one of the best Psychiatrist that we have here in woodstock and in London.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1706523].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 25, 2010

I found Dr. Fernando most very knowledgeable and more or less professional. But... This man is the reason the Hippocratic oath says to do no harm. He has tunnel vision. Worse than arrogance, an almost childish unwillingness to acknowledge error. It only after years of a puzzling treatment plan, which had consisted entirely of doing more of what was known not to work, that I realized he had rejected an earlier diagnosis (by a different doctor) in favour of a incorrect one. The previous diagnosis was based on objective test results and was from a branch of psychiatry he freely admitted to having limited knowledge of. When finally challenged with the disconnect between the diagnostic criteria and the facts, he invented rationalizations so bizarre and convoluted I began wondering which of us was the one with mental health issues.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][1706522].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 23, 2010

I felt in my heart something was wrong wth the Dr. the minute I left his office. It was my first visit, and tho he hardly allowed me to speak, he just pushed certain scenario's on me(I.E Do you get mood swings, are you angry, do you cry etc) and within in 30mins, I was diagnosed being Bi-Polar and send off with a prescription for a VERY strong sedative. I felt that diagnoses was wrong but because of the lack of education and support of my family, they made me believe I was/am, truly Bi-Polar. I have no doubt I am cranky because I hate where my life is right now but I never doubted for a minute that I was NOT bi-polar. I get angry when I am angry and I am happy when it's warranted. I am NOT MANIC. Depression DOES make you sad, and angry - and now everyone thinks I am Bi-Polar because the "Doctor" said so. Now I see this site and realize I should go with my gut, and forget what everyone else thinks. I knew there was something weird about him.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][1706521].votes_count ]]