Ratings for Dr. Andy Wong

have been going to dr wong for many years and find that these comment are vert accurate and it seem that he is getting worse

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Dr.Wong prescribed fentanyl for my sonew in 2014. Then abondend him after 24 months, leaving him with a opioid addiction. Is there a way to arrest this criminal.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

Missed the cancer in my mother for five years. Said they are old. Never asked her ever to do any tests. Never listened to concerns, never requested tests, always waited for over an hour, rude service.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

Incompetent, all about the money, it is a blessing we moved to another province to get better care. This man should not be looking after people.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

Complete incompetence. He wrote a prescription for a drug I'm allergic too. I was specific and told him I'm allergic don't give me that drug, I get to the pharmacy and sure enough It was the wrong one. How someone so dumb and incompetent could become a doctor is behind me. Perhaps they sell medical degrees in Cracker Jack boxes?

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

I wish I could leave a better review for this GP but unfortunately the service has degraded so much over the years that I find it difficult to say many positive things. As a long time patient I've seen his quality of care diminish substantially since he first opened his practice. Dr Wong does over book to the point that you are waiting at least an hour after your scheduled appointment time to see him. His former attentiveness and willingness to listen has been replaced by the weathered "I've seen this a thousand times before" attitude. I've already moved my family to a different practice and I would suggest that if enough families continue to do so he may be able to refocus his career to something approaching his former level of care.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Very personable, but ignores your concerns. I complained of pain for several months and he kept telling me it was "just arthritis." I finally insisted on and x-ray and found out I had metastatic cancer in several areas of my spine, pelvis, sacrum and liver. He knew I had a history of breast cancer and didn't investigate if there was cancer in my bones even though I asked him directly if that was a possibility. I immediately changed Dr.'s and would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

I saw him for a bit but he neglected my health, ignored my requests and was abusive. Ive had people in healthcare tell me they were surprised that I was seeing him. They said he was " different". I agree, unreliable and inconsiderate. Talks about himself constantly. Go elsewhere while u still have your health

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

Very friendly which is great if you want a personable doctor; however, it also greatly increases your wait time. Space your patients further apart so that you can talk to them AND not inconvenience the next patients. Had a few issues re: prescriptions that worsened a condition but admittedly, he does not have a crystal ball. You do have to be persistent if you want the health care you need.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2012

Prepare to wait at least two to three hours in the waiting room before your appointment. If you are elderly or have chronic disease select another doctor for your own safety. He has been wrong on two family members diagnosis. One resulted in terminal cancer; the patient could have been saved if properly diagnosed.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011