Ratings for Dr. Celeste Hart

Dr. Hart told me I was fat and lazy. Not professional at all and I would not recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

I had two emergencies while in her staff's care. I called both times, and nobody bothered to call me back. The last time I called for advice and help (as they told me to), I got a letter dumping me from the practice. When I called to check why, I was accused of being non-compliant. When I asked them how I non-compliant when they didn't bother to return calls, leaving me on my own to manage my diabetes, they didn't have an answer. Really disappointed with them.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Dr. Hart seems ok but I've only seen her once in the several years I have been going there. Her staff is terrible. The nurses seem put out when they take my vitals and the front office staff seem uncaring. I've emailed and left message on the phone line but have never been contacted back. I always have to call back. Once they just didn't call in my insulin refill for several days and I ran out so I had to go to the office. Dr. Hart came in briefly and was the only one that seemed concerned. Find another doctor because her staff are not worth going to see her.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2014

I never actually got to see the doctor. I made an appointment and was told that I had to see the Physician's Assistant and while I was okay with this I found it kind of odd that a first visit did not involve even meeting the doctor when I had indicated it was not a routine meet and greet but that there was a problem. The staff was wanting me to leave quickly when I was finished even though I was waiting for a ride and made me feel like they wanted to go home and would I please get out. To me, when a patient is being seen for a problem that sho.uld be addressed and I did not feel this was done at all. So I went to another doctor and had to suffer a few more weeks waiting for an appointment and finally ended up in the hospital for the problem.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

After seeing several other Doctors and not receiving any information about my diagnosis, I was referred to Dr. Hart. She has been so helpful and I am so glad I was referred to her. She has taken the time to inform me about my condition, instead of telling me to go home and "google it" like one of the other doctors. Although appointments with Dr. Hart generally do no start on time, she never rushes you out and takes the time to make sure your questions are answered. The staff isn't the most helpful, but again, it is worth it to tough it out so you can see Dr. Hart. She doesn't immediately write you a prescription when there are other things you can do to help, which I think is great. She is very helpful and seems to really care about her patients.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2010

Getting any kind of information from the office staff is like pulling teeth. Once the nurse left me a message after they received my lab results asking me to call back right away. It took me four days of calling to get in touch with anyone (never did get the nurse I was trying to reach). The person I finally talked to didn't have my results "in front of her" and just told me to schedule an appointment because Dr. Hart wanted to see me! Frustrating! Dr. Hart is an excellent doctor, however. I trust her judgement and appreciate her patience and understanding. So I put up with it. I was supposed to get lab results two days ago. Nurse is still to busy to talk to me. So I am driving there this afternoon and asking for them in person. Sigh...

flag | Submitted September 4, 2009

Dr Harts office staff are incompetent. Every visit is like a first visit - no clue who I am or what's wrong with me. Appts have ran at least an hour behind scehuled time - every time. I have been waiting weeks for a call back on some blood work. I have little confidence in the care I am receiving.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009

This will be my 4th visit to Dr. Hart's office. Appointment times are rarely on time/early; you will have a lengthy wait. With that said, I found the staff friendly and very caring. Dr. Hart and her PA are very knowledgeable, concerned, and have always taken their time to answer any and all questions. Dr. Hart took the time after hours to speak with me about my medical condition, which says volumes about her as a physician.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009

Very caring, informal, knowledgable, helpful. Answers questions from patients, and supplies citations and articles so patient is more informed. Is a cautious doctor, not eager to prescribe medications just hitting the market. Takes as long as you need to inform you (within reason). Knows her area well and educates patients well. The staff have never been a strength of this office; one must be prepared to wait for at least an hour or more past the appointment time ... but do so knowing she will not be trying to rush you out of the office to get back on schedule.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2008

It will be my 18th year as a type one diabetic on Monday, and in order to celebrate, I must take the time to praise Dr. Celeste Hart. She is the most knowledgeable and down-to-earth doctor I've ever met, and her ARNP, Robin Byrd, is equally helpful. Dr. Hart communicates with me as if I’m her equal, and doesn’t possess the arrogance that so many of my other doctors have had. She has shown genuine care towards me, and has treated me with respect and kindness. Her and her staff have also gone out of their way to help me when I needed prescriptions and school notes at a moment's notice. The only negative thing I can say is the wait time is extremely hit-or-miss. I'm either waiting for what seems like hours, or I'm in and out. In my experience, the wait time is much longer during the morning, so schedule for afternoons :)

flag | Submitted June 10, 2008

Dr. Celeste Hart's Credentials

• Howard Univ Coll Of Med, Washington Dc 20059 (Grad. 1980)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal