Ratings for Dr. Charles J. Willey

Good thing I took a screen shot of Willey's response to a vitals.com review before he had seconds thoughts and changed it. Some of the worst accusatory and inflammatory language I have ever seen from any professional Willey is what I would consider a dangerous doctor. Given that he was publicly reprimanded for killing a patient with crestor, the death of a patient via those easy prescription fixes. Willey prescribed heavy antibiotics for several weeks to an eighty five year old man without prescribing high end, live probiotics, and that 85 year old man suffered toxic bloat, and the worst case of acidosis I have ever seen. He killed off what little bit of health that 85 year old had. The conflict of interest in being part owner of the same insurance coverage that his clients pay him with turns out to be a major conflict of interest. He doesn't like giving referrals to specialists and does not admit his patients to the hospital when needed. Sending home that 85 year old, dehydrated and toxic from over dosing antibiotics may have saved your insurance company money but it sure wasn't very helpful to that old man. I have also noticed a pattern to Willeys on-line reviews.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

The nurses are the ones to see me. Prescribes medications that are dangerous for my existing condition.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

This is the best physician in south county. He pays attention, is always available to take a call, and wants to prevent illness by getting at health problems early. He gets that the cost of health care is from overuse of the system and lifestyle behavior. Staff is exceptional - feel like family. They know my name and my situation. And the nurses there are better than many doctors around this town.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

Dr. Willey is a caring physician that truly has a feel for health care management. His staff is always curteous and professionally friendly. I wouldn't have my healthcare handled by anyone else!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Please look elsewhere for your healthcare. This Dr does not listen to what a patient requests. If you're not on board with his treatment plan then that's just too bad. He insists that the only way is his way and will not even consider the opinion of others, even those ofhis fellow physicians with more knowledge of a specific specialty.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

Dr. Willey is caring and attentive. He makes his office schedule at least 30 minute appointments all the time so he can get to know his patients. Sometimes I wait, but patients get as long as they need with him. His staff is so caring and thoughtful too. He still makes house calls in some situations, goes to the hospitals and nursing homes to visit (no one does that anymore), and always will be able to talk on the phone if you need it.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

We sometimes have to wait a while but when its our turn he spends the time we need. He really listens and really cares. He also is candid. He will deliver the difficult messages with care and concern. He was able to get my dad to quit smoking. At first I thought he was too blunt but it worked and I am so grateful. It is amazing how much better dad feels now that he has quit. It took Dr Willey a lot of time to to build the relationship with dad to be able to push him as hard as he did to get him to quit. Thanks Dr. Willey.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2014

Dr. Willey was one of the founders and chief architect for Essence Health Care. No question he knows the administration side of health care. However, our family began to question his practice and intent for caring for the over 70 yr population group. Statements we heard many times included: "Do nothing, but comfort," "Consider this health issue his ticket to heaven," "If we fix this, then he will not have an angel of mercy for his chronic ailment" and lastly, the classic "you must sign the advanced directive as Do Not Resuscitate." Our family became very concerned for both parents health care and switched doctors after Dr. Willey became agitated at the family for taking our father to the hospital for excessive fluid retention and seeing a heart specialist, knowing he had congestive heart failure. By the way, the health specialist agreed with the family and quickly brought the heart condition under control. In conclusion, Be Aware!

Submitted February 14, 2014

I am festus patient of Dr Willey and I would recommend the practice. Even the time I had to get in and seen the nurse practioner Christine Grissum they are prompt and through and take the time to listen to your problems not here is some pills and get out. Thanks

flag | Submitted July 6, 2012

I have been very pleased with this practice and Dr Willey. I am a new senior patient and they seem to check up on diabetics quite often.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2012

Dr. Charles J. Willey's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)