Ratings for Dr. Stephen Cord

Professional, Thorough and Punctual. Can't ask for more.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2018

I'm so glad to be a patient. He's funny and nice and caring.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2018

Dr. Cord has been my doctor for over 8 years and he has been the best doctor I have ever had. After having an unpleasant experience with a past male doctor who I thought I could trust, Dr. Cord has restored my faith in believing there are genuine good doctors out there. He is compassionate, knowledgeable, has a great sense of humour and never rushes any of his patients. I am female and he is gentle, discreet, an absolute gentlemen when performing any type of physical exam that may be embarrassing to a female patient. He is fair, he lays out options and if you are uncomfortable taking a pill he may recommend, he will gladly suggest other alternatives and will monitor your condition very closely especially when putting you on a new medication. He has not got a problem with anyone challenging him on various recommendations, he is fair, listens to what you have to say and will order a test if he sees a concern or need to do so. I don't know what I would do without Dr. Cord, he has helped me through some stressful times and literally has saved my life. Thank you Dr. Cord, you are the best doctor and I want everyone to know that from my point of view. Thank you also to Michelle, she is sweet, helpful, compassionate and a wonderful secretary

Submitted October 12, 2017

I had a bad experience with this doctor. I do not recommend him. I went to see him regarding gynecological related problems. Endometriosis in particular. He was smug, condescending and overall extremely ignorant. I found he was not respectful or knowledgeable and the worst was that during a physical exam which he insisted on doing he repeatedly said that if I experienced pain during intercourse he should be able to reproduce that pain during a physical exam. Anyone with endometriosis knows that it is very painful in many ways. Literature on the subject suggests a number of types of pain experienced by sufferers. Dr. Cord apparently believes that his fingers are akin to a pee-nis and that having a bloody awful dr. exam is somehow akin to an intimate experience. That moment of horrible comments made me think that he is actually a creep and I felt very violated by this experience as it was extremely disrespectful. He continued his horrid discourse by concluding I did not have Endometriosis. After I fled his office I was able to get referred to a genuine specialist by another doctor and was diagnosised with Endometriosis and this was confirmed by Laproscopy. I do not believe Dr. Cord to be a very trustworthy human and I question his ability and knowledge to treat women patients with care and dignity. I have often thought of reporting this incident but have decided to report it here for other women to take warning.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

Dr. Cord is the best doctor I've had since my childhood doctor. He's funny, really helpful, willing to listen to other ideas. Dr. Cord is a very compassionate & empathetic doctor. I've seen and felt it. He has a good sense of humour. He has see me through a lot as I have a lot wrong with me. He's a very direct man and I like that about him. You know where you stand. Oh we've had some arguments and tried many meds. I think he's right most of the time. He's so easy to talk to and he's running all day. Michelle, his secretary is really great. She's very helpful and very compassionate. I will be forever grateful to Dr. Cord.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

As good a doctor as you will ever find. And a very nice person as well. The whole package.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Dr Cord has always been very helpful and will take his time to assess his patients...but the clinic staff never answer the phone regardless of time of day. After 5pm, you are told NOT to leave messages as they will not be heard and they ignore messages left. This is an ongoing issue with this clinic and SHOULD be fixed. No excuses for staff not returning calls to their patients...without them, they would not have a job.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Dr Cord has been a great family doctor for me. He generally runs on time and the option of emailing for appointment bookings is quite convenient. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr Cord.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Although Stephen is a helpful Dr. the clinic itself is terrible. They never answer the phone and you must continually call them as they ignore messages left. This is a repeated occurrence and has prompted me to NOT recommend.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

I've been a patient of DR Cord for 8 years. He is excellent, approachable, knowledgeable. Has great bedside manner. He knows when to consult other specialists and doesn't hesitate to do it. He is efficient. Never a problem to get in quicklybto see him. His secretary is great. Email communication for appointments is very convenient. Very lucky to have such a wonderful GP!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017