Ratings for Dr. Alice V. Coghill

Worst md I have ever seen. I needed a ppd for a job. I'm an rn. She administered it incorrectly AND didn't wash her hands. She is filthy. And the staff are even worse

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

If the Wayans Brothers were to make a comedy about the medical field, they could just literally film a day in this office. My first visit: the entire waiting room smelled. A receptionist explained to those waiting "Oh, they clean the gastro machine on Fridays." After a half hour of waiting, waiting again in the exam room, a nurse comes in and takes your blood pressure three times before going to get someone else to take it because she can't figure out what she's doing wrong. Eventually, Dr. Coghill graces your with her presence, wearing a stained, filthy lab coat. A doctor wearing a coat that is filthy. Unimaginable. You present her with your problem, which is embarrassing enough as you have to be examined where no one wants to be examined, and the doctor, completely unable to contain her OWN discomfort examining your "situation" barely LOOKS before simply blurting out "I don't see anything, I don't see anything." Checking out at the reception desk is its own Three Stooges episode.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2013

Billed the highest possible amount across every category possible. If you don't have insurance to defend your bill, she'll commit a felony. Was even charged a 40 surplus for seeing on a WEEKEND/HOLIDAY. I saw her Monday January 28, 2013 for a wellness visit. Not a holiday or weekend in any gd book

flag | Submitted March 4, 2013

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

THIS IS THE WORST DR I HAVE EVER BEEN TOO, SHE WAS OVER AN HOUR LATE AND THE STAFF ARE INCOMPETENT AND DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

I had a terrible experience with Dr. Coghill. I usually give people a benefit of the doubt, and I did in Dr. Coghills case too. However, I feel very disappointed in the care I was given while at this doctor's office. Everything from the front desk coming across as unorganized and professional e.g. they initially gave me incomplete registration paperwork. Following this introduction, the bathroom facilities were filthy (w/ no paper towels...). I waited in the exam room (also dirty), more than 1 & 15 minutes. At the 30 minute mark I could hear Dr. Coghill outside talking to staff. I left the room and asked a staff member if the Dr was ready and she then apologized and stated they got the appointment time wrong. When Dr. Coghill finally came in her appearance was unlike that of her website picture. Further she was wearing unclear attire. Near the end of the physical while I was asking her a medical question she abruptly left the room and stating "I have a phone call waiting".

flag | Submitted October 17, 2010

I went to Dr. Coghill out of convenience because I was feeling lightheaded, dizzy and nauseous and it was near work. Bad idea. A warning sign most people here seem to attest to was her doc coat, which was stained and gross. The exam room was also dirty. She did sit with me for a while to address my feelings, but I started to cry and get anxious and she ended up referring me to a therapist and gynecologist. Then 4 different nurses tried to take blood, and failed. Now I have bruises all over my arms (and hand!) and was referred to a lab (not going). She also told me to eat salt and drink fluids, but didn't say why. Really was rather traumatic. I accidentally called them thinking I was calling another doc I was referred to, and was telling about my bad experience; they were confused and put Wayne on, who I told I was switching PCPs. He hung up on me without asking why. Terrible. Don't go here, get a referral.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2010

This "doctor" is unbelievable! Did not take my concerns seriously and walked out in the middle of my trying to explain my situation. She suggested I go find someone else who shares my "philosophy" and told me she can't cure my problem. I told her I wasn't there for her to cure me but to help me. Especially with some medical advice and suggestions. She told me to go down the street and get some fish oils. This woman is ridiculous and I personally think she hates women. At least she did with me. Laughed at me the first 5 minutes I started expressing what I going through and feeling. I went there seeking "care". She is anything but. Save your time. She's insensitive and lacks compassion.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2010

When I first read the comments here, I nearly cancelled my appointment. But I had already waited a couple of weeks and she was very close to my office so I went ahead to my scheduled physical. This was a great decision, because she is one of the best doctors I have ever had. She is so nice and knowledgeable, and so is her staff. When I returned to review my lab results, I was astonished. No other doctor has ever willing to spend so much time with me to explain things. The woman is very thorough, as you can tell by when you receive your new patient forms which they email to you. The forms include what is obviously a mental health screening questionnaire, so the patient who complained about being referred to a psychiatrist probably should not be laughing this off. And no, her exam rooms are not dirty. Do yourself a favor and go to her and listen to her advice. She is a great doctor. My co-workers that have seen her also think she is great.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2010

PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR and do not visit this woman. My first instincts told me something wasn't right but I gave her the benefit of the doubt. She misrepresents herself on her website and is totally unprofessional. She tried to refer me to a doctor for bipolar disorder--something my colleagues laughed at hysterically when I got back to the office. She was extremely condescending and rude and I ended up walking out in the middle of the visit. She is a nightmare--total waste of time and money. I would like to file a formal complaint against her and would not be surprised if she doesn't hold any degree at all. She was that bad.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2009