Ratings for Dr. Gerald Scaife

Have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Scaife and his staff. During every visit I have been treated with dignity and respect. Office decor is not important to me. Excellent care is, and that is what I have had. Yes sometimes there is a wait but that is because he does not rush his patients and the volume of patients is out of his control. He and his staff are polite and informative. Felt I have had excellent care.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Was sent to see Dr. Scaife by my eye Dr. Only waited outside for 10 mins. Eye drops in almost immediately waited the allotted time for dilation. Dr for reason for my eye trouble. Major retinal detachment. Dr. sent me to waiting room and within minutes had an appointment with an eye surgeon in Hamilton. I felt he did the best he could do for me.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

The comment below explains, why I can't reach anybody there, while trying to get some details on my upcoming cataract surgery ....

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

Office closed- no explanation- left high and dry waiting for cataract surgery. Very unprofessional!!!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

First time visiting this office. Had trouble finding it because it's not an office at all, its some old house with no parking. You will have to find a parking spot somewhere on a back street. Take note that there is a 2hr limit (because you most likely will be in there longer). Arrived for my appointment on time, sat around and waited for 1.5 hours, watching them shuffle people in and out of rooms, 2-3 times per person. After waiting 1.5 hrs they took me into a room for a pre-exam which took 2 minutes and then they sent me back to wait longer. I asked why there is a such a delay and the receptionist was very rude in her response and gave no real explanation, because really the answer is that they are very unorganized and overbook patients. So I waited longer, saw the doctor finally for about 5 minutes and then got sent back out to do some more waiting. After another 15 minutes I was called back in, he checked my eyes for 2 minutes and said everything was okay. Meanwhile, the staff were turning off all the lights, closing the blinds and turning off the music. They were closing and God forbid the doctor and his staff have to stay longer , but who cares about patients having to wait 2.5 to get 10 minutes of the doctors time. I feel very bad for any seniors who are forced to wait around for so long. I will never go back here.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

I walked in with 6 - 60 vision, and out with 20 - 25. staff and dr were great

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Dr. Scaife was terribly rude. Dismissed us with a wave of his had stating "your done". Paid for laser measurement...which was nit done by the doctor. He did not explain anything. ...could not have cared less. This doctor has no patient centered practice. I would never recommend him. He would not listen to my concerns and never even lifted his head when talking to me. ..continued to stare at my chart.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

Worst ever. Should not be in practice. Worst rudest staff ever. Dr Scaife pushes you through. Won't take time to answer your questions before he puts a knife to your eyes. They up sell you on special laser measuring then up sell to better lenses. Follow up after surgery is a we full. I would not recommend this doctor. Phone receptionist is very rude and abrupt. Office is in old run down small house, no parking.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

I found everything very rushed while in the office. My wife was with me and she too felt we we rushed. The doctor was nice and we were assured by people who had the surgery that it ws so routine and we bought in. I had 2 eyes done and after all the healing was done dr Scaife told me I could go get my eye exam and new glasses. I went to my optometrist and wasn't in the chair for 2 minutes and he stopped and sat thee with a very shocked look. My optometrist then said "He screwed up uour lense implants. The surgery was great, the lenses were wrong. I paid an extra fee to have highly accurate laser measurements done, I paid for the best quality lenses available. I am now stuck with vision issues that I am advised would be risky and expensive to correct with further surgery. I do not recommend Dr Scaife. Too much rush, too busy, not focused on the patient in the chair.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

Could not believe the run down condition of the office! Cramped, scotch taped notices, examination chair needed re-upholstering- no wheelchair ramp, worn carpet- unbeliavable!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015