Ratings for Dr. Gerald Scaife

I missed my appointment for tests because I had the address wrong. They kindly squeezed me in for the tests before seeing the Dr the following week , an appointment I already had..... Waited 5 min for tests...and finished the entire appointment in 75 min.. The staff were very friendly and Dr. Scaife was very nice and took time to answer any questions. His manner was kind and comforting..... Everything was great for my first visit.... Some of the other reviews mention e long wait times but there didn't seem to be any of that while I was there...as all patients seemed to go through as a different group as waiting when I came out of each tests etc...he sees a lot of glaucoma patients....

flag | Submitted September 13, 2018

This inept jerk blinded me from a botched cataract op for the rest of my life.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

Have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Scaife and his staff. During every visit I have been treated with dignity and respect. Office decor is not important to me. Excellent care is, and that is what I have had. Yes sometimes there is a wait but that is because he does not rush his patients and the volume of patients is out of his control. He and his staff are polite and informative. Felt I have had excellent care.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Was sent to see Dr. Scaife by my eye Dr. Only waited outside for 10 mins. Eye drops in almost immediately waited the allotted time for dilation. Dr for reason for my eye trouble. Major retinal detachment. Dr. sent me to waiting room and within minutes had an appointment with an eye surgeon in Hamilton. I felt he did the best he could do for me.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

The comment below explains, why I can't reach anybody there, while trying to get some details on my upcoming cataract surgery ....

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

Office closed- no explanation- left high and dry waiting for cataract surgery. Very unprofessional!!!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

First time visiting this office. Had trouble finding it because it's not an office at all, its some old house with no parking. You will have to find a parking spot somewhere on a back street. Take note that there is a 2hr limit (because you most likely will be in there longer). Arrived for my appointment on time, sat around and waited for 1.5 hours, watching them shuffle people in and out of rooms, 2-3 times per person. After waiting 1.5 hrs they took me into a room for a pre-exam which took 2 minutes and then they sent me back to wait longer. I asked why there is a such a delay and the receptionist was very rude in her response and gave no real explanation, because really the answer is that they are very unorganized and overbook patients. So I waited longer, saw the doctor finally for about 5 minutes and then got sent back out to do some more waiting. After another 15 minutes I was called back in, he checked my eyes for 2 minutes and said everything was okay. Meanwhile, the staff were turning off all the lights, closing the blinds and turning off the music. They were closing and God forbid the doctor and his staff have to stay longer , but who cares about patients having to wait 2.5 to get 10 minutes of the doctors time. I feel very bad for any seniors who are forced to wait around for so long. I will never go back here.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

I walked in with 6 - 60 vision, and out with 20 - 25. staff and dr were great

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Dr. Scaife was terribly rude. Dismissed us with a wave of his had stating "your done". Paid for laser measurement...which was nit done by the doctor. He did not explain anything. ...could not have cared less. This doctor has no patient centered practice. I would never recommend him. He would not listen to my concerns and never even lifted his head when talking to me. ..continued to stare at my chart.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

Worst ever. Should not be in practice. Worst rudest staff ever. Dr Scaife pushes you through. Won't take time to answer your questions before he puts a knife to your eyes. They up sell you on special laser measuring then up sell to better lenses. Follow up after surgery is a we full. I would not recommend this doctor. Phone receptionist is very rude and abrupt. Office is in old run down small house, no parking.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016