Ratings for Dr. Paul Paoli

I think Dr.Paoli could be a decent Optometrist but from my experience at I found him to be more worried about selling me glasses than he was about giving me a proper examination. As soon as I indicated I was not going to be buying glasses there as I believe it to be a conflict of interest (you wouldn't buy your prescription medication from the doctor who prescribed it would you?) he immediately lost all bedside manner. I then proceeded to look at frames just to see what he was offering. His frame selection was fairly good however it was extremely overpriced. There are other Optical stores in peterborough that carry the EXACT SAME frames and lenses for far less money and provide much better customer service. Dr. Paoli should focus on giving thorough proper eye exams first and foremost. I may have recommended Dr. Paoli for an eye exam if he wasnt so preoccupied in selling eyewear. I highly do not recommend buying your eyewear here. Take your prescription elsewhere!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

I believe the previous poster is describing Dr. Hoja who is on Clonsilla; not Dr. Paoli who is on Lansdowne St. Dr. Paoli has only 6 staff, 3 staff for himself and 3 for his associates. One of his staff is male. He doesn't use an assistant and tablet in his exam room. He has both value priced and high end glasses. The June 14 2014 rating below is certainly an error.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014

While I have no doubt that Dr. Paoli is quite technically competent and proficient, nevertheless I would not particularly care to continue to see him. He has what I'll simply describe as an "odd" personality, combined with his seeming army of identically dressed female office staff and assistants of varying kinds, I found the entire visit to be odd. Then there was the female assistant who followed him into the exam room - she sat on a chair in the corner with a tablet computing device and made notations as he called out information during the exam. I'm not sure that the efficiencies of a modern paperless office/clinical record are truly recognized when now instead of the doctor making direct paper notes, a second person is required to transcribe notes onto a computer. As others have mentioned, I also found a heavy emphasis on revenue generation at any and every opportunity to upsell tests and grossly overpriced frames at the in store dispensary (CHEAPEST frames are $200).

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Much more interested in making money selling glasses than in providing good service. Created a prescription then when asked for a letter to get it covered would not provide one for that item but would write a letter for a much more costly option. Seems that he will write a letter for insurance coverage if it pays well enough. I guess that in this line of work a prescription is for things that are not medically necessary as well. What kind of Dr does that? Will never go back to that office again for eye exam or glasses.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2013

Great Doctor. Kind, friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2013

I also found Dr. Paoli to be more interested in sales. I was always pointed to the dispensary, and recommended to get a second pair (of $200+!) glasses "in case I lost one". Like they fall off your face? I was also irritated the one and only time I had a "contact lens check" for $100+ to check for rips or tears... this is a very easy self diagnosis- it HURTS! I have been getting my scripts from Walmart and shopping online for about 3 years now and couldn't be happier.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

Dr. Pauli is a skilled professional, who also has an approachable, friendly personality. Highly recommend this Optometrist.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2011

Friendly staff. Quick and easy exam. He was able to explain what astigmatism was when I asked. Good optometrist.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2011

Dr. Paoli has been my optometrist for many years now. I would not take my children anywhere else. The staff is extremely professional yet warm and friendly. It is nice to walk into an office with a plethora of smiling faces! Dr. Paoli has provided me with fantastic information on new available technology that is an option to enhance the eye testing of my children. Dr. Paoli has a very calming, contagious demeanour. I cannot ever remember waiting for any unreasonable length of time.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011

Terrible "doctor". He is clearly more concerned with making money than health care. He saw me for less than 10 minutes and saw my 5 year old for less than 2. He told me I needed glasses and pointed me right to his dispensary before he even finished the exam.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2010