Ratings for Dr. John Marcou

This man is an insult to the profession of family doctors. He is arrogant and has a horrible bedside manner. Doctors are supposed to be non-judgemental, helpful, courteous, compassionate and overall have a sense of wanting to help their patients find answers to their health problems. He is the complete opposite. Every time I have needed care from him, I have been made to feel that my symptoms either didn't matter or he has even insinuated that my symptoms were made up. After years of having a diagnosed illness with obvious symptoms that do respond to medication, he has implied that specialists have misdiagnosed me even though these higher educated specialists have confirmed that through tests their diagnosis is true. It is very unnerving to have a family doctor question your specialists findings, especially when they are far more educated and have put in more time and life skill to back those claims. That is true arrogance. To challenge someone with more knowledge about a particular illness that he himself has not specialized in is astounding just because his own ego is bruised at being challenged. This man would rather have someone say he is right for the sake of his ego, even if he doesn't have the knowledge to back it up and as a result, puts his patients health in jeopardy because he cant admit he's wrong. He is a terrible doctor and I suggest you run to anyone else if he is your doctor. You are simply putting your health and life in jeopardy. My dog's veterinarian has a better demeanor and has received better preventive care then this man gives to people on a regular basis. Point blank. This man should not be practicing medicine. He should have been a caretaker instead, then his patients wouldn't complain.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

I have been disappointed with Dr. Marcou many times. He never seems to care about any problems I am having. Misdiagnosed by him again at my last visit.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

I used to think the same as many who have written about dr. marcou's bad bedside manner and moodiness. However, that being said, I find that he has done a complete 360 in the last year or so. I find him very pleasant and a lot easier to talk to. He doesnt seem as rushed and I no longer feel like he is trying to rush me out the door. I feel very lucky to have him as my doctor, not only for myself but also for my family and I find that he gets better each time I visit. Strathroy should feel lucky to have him as a doctor.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

No personality. Does not deal with the problem, seems to think he is not there to serve.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2010

I find my doctor very helpful in the health sciences. On several occasions he had assisting in critical situations.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2010

I think that considering all that Dr. Marcou has to deal with in such a large practice, that he is doing extremely well. I've been to the other doctors within this office and he is the only one who seems to give a damn about anything. Yes he may seem a little distant, but he is a damn good doctor. If I were to choose between a clown and a brilliant man to save my life, I choose the brilliant man! I mean he knows what he is talking about and is darn thorough. I put my faith and good health into this man and the fact remains that if I had to choose between any other doctor within this small town, he would be the one because of his extreme knowledge and sincere genuine concern for my well being. I think the rest of you small town mindless yoakals need to wake up and get a clue what a real doctor looks like and in my eyes that's Dr. Marcou through and through! The rest of you that think differently, have a nice life- short but nice! Ha!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2010

I found Dr. Marcou to be very helpful during the birth of our daughter. Things didn't go as planned, but he made the situation go smoothly. In the office our visits have been punctual and friendly, our daughter is happy to play with whatever toy he offers her. I am confident in Dr. Marcou's ability to take care of our family.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2010

Dr Marcou is a terrible doctor. He accused me of lying about my symptoms on numerous occasions. Apparently if a symptoms is not neatly categorized on his stupid computer then he cannot diagnose or attempt to remedy it. He is arrogant and has little concern for his patients. His bedside manner is lacking in human courteousness. My advice is to go to Doctor Marshall and save yourself the trouble!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2009

I have had Dr. Marcou as a doctor for the past two years. He was willing to take us on as patients after the birth of our son and he has been great. I have found that he always takes the time to interact with my sons to help them feel comfortable. I have found him to be very professional and polite. I have never experienced bad "bedside manner" as others here have mentioned. I like him. Although we have moved away from the community, we are continuing to keep him as our family doctor until we find a new doctor.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2009

I have been with Dr Marcou for about 6 years now. I am embarassed of the comments left here towards him. A town such as ours should be supportive and thankful for having our Doctors in town instead of traveling out of town.I have found him to be attentive with the time he has, Wonderful with my children and unless you dislike the anwser he gives you he's always honest and that is a GOOD thing! To address him using a computer to help him diagnose a million possibles in just 10 mins...I say GOOD FOR HIM!! Our Doctors work very hard, they run family practices, baby clinics, nursing homes and put in time at the hospital every week!! Besides our waiting times and limited time on our visits which is out of his control, I find Dr Marcou to be a Great Doctor and I think he has done a fantastic job at keeping my children happy and healthy and that's what matters most!!!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2009