Ratings for Dr. Bhumi M. Upadhyay

Dr. Bhumi and her staff are absolutely fantastic. We switched from another doctor, and we've been over the moon with their policies, procedures, helpfulness, and bedside manner. We have two chronically sick children - a baby with very disruptive GI issues and a toddler with bad croup. They've always gotten us in the day we needed an appointment. They've taken our "something is wrong, we KNOW something is wrong" pleas for help seriously - even when you know other people would have written you off with "it's just colic." She's been so supportive, and her staff has been so helpful. I really can't imagine what we'd do without them. I will add: The fact that they refuse to allow non-vaccinated children in the practice is a huge, huge draw for us. With actually sick kids, we aren't in the position of having the luxury to refuse vaccines. There's nothing worse than the fear that you're walking into an office with someone who's immuno-compromised and someone else's unfounded fears might give your kids the measles. She has chosen the safety of all her patients - newborns, sick children, everyone - over the unscientifically based fears of a few. We are grateful, and we will never leave.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

After 9 years, Dr Bhumi and I broke up. At least it feels that way, I left her office in tears, she has dismissed my family from her practice because of medical choices we have made for our kids. We do not vaccinate for personal medical reasons. I am so hurt by her cold reaction to the entire situation. This explains why we didn't even know she moved or get our reminder calls for our December well visits (I totally forgot because we make them a year in advance) they were trying to get rid of us. We had even continued with her when our insurance changed and paid cash for all visits. I am sorry that I recommended her to anyone now if this is the way she treats long time dedicated patients.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

I'm saddened that Northeast Pediatrics will no longer be treating children who aren't vaccinated. I realize this is a hot topic right now, but I really thought NEP was above jumping on the bandwagon. I've recommended your practice to people in the past, but now I have to tell many people to find another doctor to take their children to, because you're ostracizing those who choose not to vaccinate for religious/personal reasons. It's your practice, and you can do whatever you please, but, like I said, I'm deeply saddened that you're going down this road.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

I have been going here for years. Dr. Bhumi is very knowledgeable, but it is ridiculous to try to get in for a quick visit. even when you have been scheduled for weeks, I routinely have to wait 45 minutes to see the doctor. Due to an insurance screwup on their part (they forgot to resubmit a claim) I was sent a collections notice for $26! even better, my wife was turned away for an appointment because she was 10 Minutes late- I just recieved a bill for missing the appointment!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

They take the time to answer all my questions and make me feel comfortable and confindent caring for my child while he is sick. Great team work and caring staff. Best Pediatrician in town. I live in Seminole and gladly drive to St Pete for Dr Buhmi and her staff!! My son loves Dr Bhumi and she is great with him:)

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

We were so impressed with Dr. Bhumi. She was so knowledgeable and as a new mother of a one month old who was having issues breastfeeding she was very supportive and helped me through allowing me to feel more comfortable and know my baby was getting the right nutrition. Also she personally called back on weekends when I had a question and her staff is great as well. Clean and welcoming office.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2011

I am disappointed in service we received from this doctor. We wait about an hour before seeing the doc for a regularly scheduled well-baby visit. Forty-five minutes of this is in the exam room with the baby naked while waiting for doc to come in after staff have weighed her and advised us to keep her naked. She also does not seem knowledgeable or supportive of breastfeeding. My husband and I do not feel like she listens to our concerns. We've given her the benefit of the doubt but after four months we are going to switch doctors.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2009

Dr. Bhumi M. Upadhyay's Credentials

• Univ Of Miami Sch Of Med, Miami Fl 33101 (Grad. 1997)

Providence