Ratings for Dr. Kelvin Bernard

Excellent doctor. Attentive and respectful of alternative views of treatment. He goes out of his way to make sure I'm well informed about whatever health issues pop up. Best doctor in the city.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

I was a patient for 3 years. At some point the guy became very cold and cynical. The last time I saw him was at the walk in where he refused to help me after I waited 2 hours. I was reduced to tears but he didn't even make eye contact with me. Terrible bedside manner and very arrogant. Avoid at all costs.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Gracious, informed, helpful, warm, and. Punctual..

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017

Highly Recommend- Dr. Bernard is a wonderful G.P. He has always been available when necessary and always gone the extra mile for my children. Which is truly appreciated. Thank you for such wonderful care throughout the years!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

I fought to have Dr. Bernard as my family doctor, after first meeting him through the walk-in clinic. He was personable and attentive. Fast forward ten years and I dread going to visit him. He is rude and condescending. I'll tell a short story. He determined that I had high blood pressure. I explained that I am in good health with a strong exercise routine... I suggested that I could monitor at the Shopper's Drug Mart machine and bring him a more detailed history. He said "pardon me for not practicing medicine according to the gold standard of the Shopper's Drug Mart blood pressure machine." Ok tough guy.... the next time I visited, what does he prescribe? Monitoring using the Shopper's Drug Mark blood pressure machine. Another time, as others have said, he checked a recent CBC article he thought he had read before prescribing me a medication. I was surprised that he was practicing medicine that day according to the gold standard of the CBC author. But what do I know?

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

I wouldn't call him rude, but definitely on the passive aggressive side. Agree with others that he seriously needs to cut the condescension. No one feels comfortable talking to a pretentious doctor ...

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016

Best doctor I have ever seen. If possible I wld like to have him as my family doctor.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016

Dr Bernard is a terrible doctor and should loss his license.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

I went to see this doctor for about 6-7 yrs. the straw that broke the camels back was when he broke Doctor patient confidentiality and threw me under the bus. He's rude, obnoxious and spends very little time with patients. I quickly stopped seeing him and that was years ago!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

rude, not helpful at all, aggressive, does not care about walk in patients

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016