Ratings for Dr. Bart Steele

I do not have that many appointments in a year but I have to say that the wait time is never too long. They try to accommodate my working schedule because I do not work locally.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

Dr. Steele is a wonderful doctor and person. He has taken great care of our family. We are blessed to have him as a Family Doctor.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Perfect Vasectomy! Even gave me a pager number and called me on Sunday to answer questions.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Dr Steele has very little knowledge of anything medical related. I have no clue how he managed to be a GP to begin with. He genuinely Needs to go back to med school. Hes also not allowed to prescribe painkillers anymore as he was sued for over prescribing and not checking when they were even filled last. He's just all around generally careless, uncaring, uneducated. Avoid this guy completely, they have other doctors at the same location that are much more knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Friendly and takes his time to listen. Staff could be more friendly but they are very professional. Easy to get prompt booking and he is very punctual.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

A Busy place but they will always fit you in for an emergency. Frontline staff can seem rude, but on speaking with her, you will find she's very pleasant - I think she's just very busy. She just needs to smile more and that would make a big difference in how she comes across. Dr. Steele himself is very kind and understanding and will take time to listen to your concerns. He's not an alarmist like some other doctors, which I like, so you really have to advocate for yourself if you want something very specific. Overall. A super doc and I highly recommend!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Dr. Steele has been my family's GP for about 7 years now. Getting in to see him can involve a long wait - though in urgent situations we've been fit in on short notice. Office staff have been somewhat cold, even rude, at times - but that has improved significantly with some staffing changes more recently. Dr. Steele himself is an excellent GP. He never rushes through our appointments, and even makes time to chat about other things. We've always done our homework prior to making appointments. Dr. Steele has been very open to hearing out opinions and very willing to make referrals that we request. He seems to really care about my family. We're big fans.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

The receptionist is rude! Other than that Dr Steele is good with me. I have been with him from 2001 to present.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2014

I find that Dr Steele is an excellent Physician and have valued both is medical advice and his council, He has always treated me with respect and compassion and has ALWAYS been able to see me when my medical requirements were of an urgent nature. I would HIGHLY reccommmend Dr Steele and the entire staff of the Nation River health care clinic to anyone in the Winchester/Chesterville area searching for a Doctor.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

On an initial consult to switch GP's as we had just moved to the area, he revoked my driver's license solely on the conversation we had (he neither diagnosed me or witnessed me having a seizure). I have a mild form of epilepsy (and am under my neurologist's care) and require no medication. Despite the fact that my neurologist (an expert in seizure disorders) says I am not at risk for operating motor vehicles, he took it upon himself to report me to the MTO and have my license revoked. All he had to do was make a call to my neurologist or my old GP to read my file. It took me 8 weeks to get my license reinstated and in the process, I suffered a miscarriage (which I am sure the stress I suffered with had a lot to do with). AWFUL doctor! And don't even attempt to try natural remedies under his care - total pill pusher!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2014