Ratings for Dr. Ross Leighton

This man is an ignorant pri#k and we have been told to sue him. He replaced a hip for my mother and she can no longer walk. He berated her in step down unit in front of 3 other patients, two nurses and 3 visitors. When I visited a woman came to me and said he was a disgusting pig to my mother. He had her in tears and she had to tell him to go away. We told him repeatedly she had severe arthritis in knees and ankles. The leg with broken him was permanently turned out and shorter and he berated her for not trying to straighten it then after a week of weights on it and him putting her through h ell he finally said oh this is your problem - which he was told all along. When she was ready for rehab Ctr and nurse wanted to do referral he ripped it up and said "I don't fu#*ing think so." The nurse got into a screaming match with him. She then called me to advise what happened. She said no nurses like him. That says a lot doesn't it? He called us in on 3 separate occasions for meetings and then left before we got there. He then blamed it on the nurses. It was so bad that we had to get her previous seniors care doc involved from another floor (she was personally calling me while away on conf in NYC), floor manager and hospital admin. We had to go around him to get her a referral to rehab ctr. I was later told by an op room nurse that hip is probably not seated right. Now my mom is bedridden in an apartment. If I had the strength and energy to sue him I would. But after her six months in hospital I'm drained.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

I have been a patient of dr leightons since 2010. After a very bad break in my ankle and tibia amputation was what was going to happen. But after a couple of surgeries and a slow healing process not only did I get to keep my leg but a am almost walking normal again. This man has saved my life and gave me quality of life again.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

Won't operate until I simply cannot walk at all. Left messages are not returned.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Dr. Leighton is a very helpful surgeon and does explain all his procedures quite well and makes sure that you have all your questions answered .

flag | Submitted April 4, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Leighton for almost Two Years now and I must say he does an Excellent job treating my Neopathy and Charcofoot pulling me through Infections and Amputations,I trust Him Hole Heartedly and will recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

I've been a patient of Dr. Ross Leighton since 2006. My 3rd hip surgery resulted in a complete Femur and hip replacement. He does miracles. Therefore, I have extreme lumbar spine pain I wish he could fix!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Rude, impatient and dangerous. Has a lot of knowledge but still thinks he knows more than he does.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

Not a helpful surgeon, doesn't answer questions thoroughly when asked by patients who haven't had orthopedic surgery. Would be a better physician if he slowed down while talking and talked to the patient instead of at them.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

Dr Leighton is not very helpful, doesn't explain surgery in layman's terms. I left my appointment more disheartened and confused than when I arrived. He has a big ego and not enough people skills.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Dr Leighton screwed up my knee surgery , now it is almost immobile and I cannot work or play with my young children. I should have never trusted him to do the surgery after he said he "wasn't experienced doing that type of surgery". He's an Orthopedic surgeon !!! Why can't he operate on knees ??!! Leighton is a joke , do NOT let him operate on you EVER ! The only good thing about it were the nurses, very hard workers

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014