Ratings for Dr. Ross Leighton

I think this may be the first post of this kind I have submitted as well. Likewise, I would like to share my experience which seems different from others. Dr. Leighton fixed my dysplastic hip. It was a complicated total hip replacement and he did a tremendous job. It has never felt so good. The orthopedic demand in Nova Scotia is extensive. While there can be delays for appointments, this is due to the volume of patients and Drs like Dr. Leighton spending extra time with patients, despite having very heavy patient loads. I have also been taken in early for appointments by Dr. Leighton. Following my surgery, I had few questions and he took the time to both promptly call me at home and respond in writing. I have found Dr. Leighton to be kind and understanding, and frankly I don't trust anyone but him to do my second hip.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Must have had a bad day today. I had an appointment, but still had to wait for more than an hour. Like our time is not important. No excuse for being late at all. Didn't listen to my explanaiton of why I wasn't happy (and able) to take my medication. Just felt like he didn't have time for me, rushed in and out and didn't tell me clearly how to continue. As a patient you take time out of your (work) day and do everything to be on time for your appointment. At least an excuse for being late and a normal conversation would have been nice. Dr. Leighton should follow Dr. Gupta in the eye clinic for a day. Then he will learn how patient centered care works!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

I usually don't write reviews but after reading some of the others I was very surprised. Dr Leighton replaced my mothers knee and was fabulous in all aspects. I think we did have to wait a bit to see him sometimes but that is the norm for most Drs visits. Things were explained well, operation was very successful, got her into Physio and had good follow up. My mother & I found him very professional. I would say if you complain about this Dr you may have other problems.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

This man is an ignorant pri#k and we have been told to sue him. He replaced a hip for my mother and she can no longer walk. He berated her in step down unit in front of 3 other patients, two nurses and 3 visitors. When I visited a woman came to me and said he was a disgusting pig to my mother. He had her in tears and she had to tell him to go away. We told him repeatedly she had severe arthritis in knees and ankles. The leg with broken him was permanently turned out and shorter and he berated her for not trying to straighten it then after a week of weights on it and him putting her through h ell he finally said oh this is your problem - which he was told all along. When she was ready for rehab Ctr and nurse wanted to do referral he ripped it up and said "I don't fu#*ing think so." The nurse got into a screaming match with him. She then called me to advise what happened. She said no nurses like him. That says a lot doesn't it? He called us in on 3 separate occasions for meetings and then left before we got there. He then blamed it on the nurses. It was so bad that we had to get her previous seniors care doc involved from another floor (she was personally calling me while away on conf in NYC), floor manager and hospital admin. We had to go around him to get her a referral to rehab ctr. I was later told by an op room nurse that hip is probably not seated right. Now my mom is bedridden in an apartment. If I had the strength and energy to sue him I would. But after her six months in hospital I'm drained.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

I have been a patient of dr leightons since 2010. After a very bad break in my ankle and tibia amputation was what was going to happen. But after a couple of surgeries and a slow healing process not only did I get to keep my leg but a am almost walking normal again. This man has saved my life and gave me quality of life again.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

Won't operate until I simply cannot walk at all. Left messages are not returned.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Dr. Leighton is a very helpful surgeon and does explain all his procedures quite well and makes sure that you have all your questions answered .

flag | Submitted April 4, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Leighton for almost Two Years now and I must say he does an Excellent job treating my Neopathy and Charcofoot pulling me through Infections and Amputations,I trust Him Hole Heartedly and will recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

I've been a patient of Dr. Ross Leighton since 2006. My 3rd hip surgery resulted in a complete Femur and hip replacement. He does miracles. Therefore, I have extreme lumbar spine pain I wish he could fix!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Rude, impatient and dangerous. Has a lot of knowledge but still thinks he knows more than he does.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014