Ratings for Dr. Dana Hanson

HE was fantastic when I was going to him. He got me on to biologics for psoriasis treatment and improved my life.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2018

I would not have the quality of life I have today if it were not for Dr. Dana Hanson. As a patient of his for 18 years I have always been more that satisfied with him both medically and personally. From the start he was always very interested with my VERY DIFFICULT CASE . He went to great lengths to get me the care I needed, even sending me to Ottawa for special testing. He never lost interest in me. I see him on a regular basis, traveling 2 hours each way. On each visit I have always been treated with respect, kindness, and interest. I have great respect for this man .

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

I seen Dr Hanson as a child 30 year ago he treated me for psoriasis he was very helpful specially after dragging DR for 2 year and no one could tell me was was wrong with me he did ..

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

I've seen Dr. Hanson twice now for totally unrelated issues. Both times I've found him to be very professional in his dealings with me and very efficient. He doesn't waste time but he doesn't miss things. He answered all of my questions, recommended a few things I could try and set up a review appointment in 6 months. I would gladly go back to him.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2012

I have seen a few dermatologists over the years, and while cold and blunt seems to be a prerequisite, Dr. Hanson takes the cake. He would not tell me his thoughts or concerns about issue I went in about, and when pressed gave me one word answers. Had to ask several questions and still didn't learn anything. Gave me a cream and I don't even know what it is for, I pointed out some skin irritations and he shoved the prescription at me, didn't advise if for one or all irritations and when I asked him just just looked at me and pointed to my skin. I found out several weeks later from my family doctor that Dr. Hanson had decided that yearly appointments to see him was mandatory. He never told me this himself and also knew that I was looking to relocate for my job, and that I would not be able to do so with this kind of recommendation. Now I am being forced to stay here, and miss a new job opportunity, all because I voluntarily went to see him. Now looking for a second opinion.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2012

Proffessional, knowledgeable, helpful and a very nice person. I've been to many dermatologists, and I can say that he tops that list as being the best! Thank you doc! :)

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012

Not very helpful seen him a few times and he's always quick to rush you out and just write a prescription for a different cream to try. I even had to ask him what the condition he thought I had was, and had to go online so I to get more info since he wouldn't explain or instruct anything related to the condition. I think he's lost his passion and I will seek out another derm.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2012

I found him to be a wonderful man. He was very patient with me, listened to everything I had to say, asked lots of questions and we are well on our way to resolving my skin issue. And I was actually in his office before my appointed time. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

Reserved but in a nice way. Helpful, and i like how quick i could get in to see him!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2011

After 2 visits to Dr. Hanson, I am now looking for a new dermatologist. While his "bedside manner" leaves a lot to be desired, what I found infuriating was that he failed to ask me if i was experiencing any other skin problems, to see if there might be a pattern (I went in for problems with my nails). He was less than forthcoming with any advice or additional information, and it was only through repeated questioning that I was able to get even the most rudimentary responses from him. I learned more by doing my own research online.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011