Ratings for Dr. Stuart Murdoch

Dr. Murdoch has been my doctor for over 25 years. He is always professional and I cannot say a bad thing about him. Great guy, I am glad I have him for my Doctor.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

He is wonderful! I have gone to him since i was 8 and he is always spot on. My daughter now sees him and he never tries to push meds, and always natural remedies for her since she is 2. While pregnant with her, i was deemed high risk and he sent me straight to OB at 12weeks. Before that i had a blood test, he called me on a weekend to see if i was ok! I was and still am pleased with him and his staff, they are all so nice :)

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

What can I say. I was happy to move to another city and no longer have him as my Md. I asked him many times for a referral to a specialist and he said 'No'. He treated me like a hypochondriac. Finally I had my husband come with me and ask so he said 'Yes'. Specialist said I had a birth defect and gave me surgery. So many unnecessary years of discomfort before the surgery. I wish he had taken a moment to some how recognize what I went through before the diagnosis. Mistakes happen. I get it. But I should not have had to have my husband come in to get a referral. It was embarrassing. I wish I could give a higher rating because of all the good he does but I think he is spread to thin and this is why my problem occurred. As for the staff, rudeness can be a problem with some of the front desk ppl. If they like you then you get a quick apt. If they don't... not so much.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

Dr. Stuart Murdoch has been our family Dr. since 1990 when we moved to Barrie, He has been and only will be our family Dr. One of his staff has been with him since he first opened his practice in Barrie and she is still with him. I highly recommend him and any of his partners for excellent care and understanding, I wish everyone had a Dr. like him.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

2 decades of unhappiness with his services. Dr Murdoch has misdiagnosed and prescribed medication numerous times that was not needed for my family. One time the two medications prescribed to be taken by my son would have led to disastrous and life threatening side effects. He has stated he doesn't believe in vitamins and probiotics and he is always pushing drugs (aka medicine) He has also tried to push drugs on us adults that were not needed and were issues that were completely treatable without harmful drugs with bad side effects much worse than the issues going on. We are not happy with his services and have not been for over 10 years. There needs to be more choice in Canada for doctors, as being stuck with one you do not like nor agree with is very disappointing for the amount we pay in taxes for health care.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Dr. Murdoch has been my family doctor for over 25 years. He is a brilliant doctor and I'm so thankful we didn't lose him to surgery or another specialty; and he chose to stay in family practice. Yes, he's very busy, but he has a great team working with him, and nothing falls through the cracks. Over the years my family has had routine illnesses and some serious illnesses and I have always been able to get an appointment. When I see these comments below about rudeness, I feel like they must be talking about another Dr. I feel he's one of the best Dr.'s in Ontario.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

I find him and his staff very rude and arrogant. He refused to prescribe my refill, which was not a narocotic. I will nerve see him again an never would suggest his name to anyone. It may not make any difference because of Ontario health care always short of doctors and patient do not have much of a choice and all the doctors laugh to the bank.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2016

he is arrogant and negligent and dosent care about his patients .

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Dr. Murdoch has been my family doctor since 1990. I haven't been to see him in about 6 years. I went to emerg at RVH on Aug 10 thinking I had food poisoning. I waited 5 hours, gave up, went home and figured I'd call Dr. Murdoch on Tues. I called his office Tues morning, got in 2:40 that day, Murdoch was only 10 mins late. I told him my symptoms and situation. He felt my belly for a minute, told me he thought it was my appendix, made a phone call and within an hour I had a CT scan at RVH, was rushed in for an emergency appendectomy (by a wonderful surgeon Dr. Riordon) and was home the next morning by 10am. Thank you so much Dr. Murdoch for catching it before it ruptured. This could have been a terrible situation.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

He has been my doctor for 20 years now, and he is amazing....when I became pregnant he knew I had a lot of health issues and directed me to a qualified OB and worked along side her...he truly cares about his patients and will call me at random times when results are in just to make sure I know whats going on. Thank you Dr Murdoch! :) your Awesome!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015