Ratings for Dr. Brian Martin

we have Dr Martin as our doctor but what troubles me is that I have to wait 2 1/2 weeks for appointment to see him. Other dr. in the office see there patients with in 2 or 3 days.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Dr.Martin was my doctor for 22 yrs .I trusted in him he knew my life being a victim in sexually abused it hard to get comfortable with a doctor but in time I trusted him I have major back issues Scotia nerve damage and was told after my surgery in Vancouver my surgeon said I be on this pain meds rest of my life one day in a wheelchair. I moved back to my home town hereseeing Dr Martin he keep me on my meds then started cutting me down putting me on mixtures when one works why change it I felt I had a life again pain under control I told him I get dizzy from meds feel faintly he say nothin one night I got up go bathroom when I got up off tolet I did a complete spin feel down my tail bone hitting the heater I end up in hospital a week later I couldn't pee my bowls haven worked since and I end up being in hospital for 2 month I got infection in disc . They took my spine out clean infection stapled my back together I also started losing lots my hair I'm back I ask him please send me to a specialist . I do drug test on demand when he ask so he see my med r in me he sends me a letter after 22 yrs I didn't get it I don't have photo I.d. But he says he found cocaine in my test I haven't touch cocaine in over 13 yrs and he is no longer my doctor if a doctor really cares why wouldn't he talk to me at a appointment he just left me I was so hurt in cronic pain I still don't have a family doctor but I talk to a doctor who listen to me about what I been threw and now I was told there blood in my stool and dr.martin I told him about my hair falling out why couldn't you dr.martin care enough can you even be a man and admit there no cocaine in my body I had to not tell my children they would of believe him say why would he lie well he did I wish I could prove it..I now live in my bedroom hardly any meds in chronic pain suffering hoping waiting for the day god takes me out of pain..thank you to this new doc for running test on me that dr.martin found not important

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

Dr Martin is a wonderful and caring Dr. He made me feel very comfortable during my appointment with him.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

SO friendly, genuinely caring, listens, makes eye contact, doesn't rush, with Dr Martin I feel like an individual not just a medical chart. I waited over a year to become Dr Martin's patient, but it was so worth it. He is a phenomenal Doctor - what all Doctors should strive to be!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

He is an awesome Doctor. He takes the time to listen to his patients, evaluates all problems and tests, does thorough exams. He refers you if needed and follows up. He is knowledgable, answers your questions and is easy to talk to. You can count on him. I have always felt I could trust him.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2011

i had another doctor in kelowna, when i moved to lake country i switched, both my mom and i see him, WHAT A BREATH OF FRESH AIR...AWESOME , AWESOME,AWESOME!!!! he is excellent with the elderly.i work presently for interior health and suggest anyone that needs to see a great doctor go see him.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2010

My family switched to Dr Martin from a doctor in Kelowna who did everything he could to NOT save my son who has disabilities. My son lived an additional 7 months, but could not recover from what the other doctor had done. Dr Martin was kind, caring and gentle with us and helped so much when our son died. there is no better doctor in this province.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2010

I find the comments from a previous review (Mar. 25/09) very surprising. Are you sure we're talking about the same Dr. Martin? I've been going to him for roughly 15 years and the last thing I'd call him is a pill-pusher. In fact, totally the opposite. And I've NEVER had a problem getting referals to specialists. He's a kind, very knowledgable professional, and one who I think is a real credit to his profession as a general practioner. I highly recommend him to anyone who reads this.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2009

My entire family went to this dr for over 10 years, until we moved to another town. He pushed pills constantly and has a reputation with the local pharmacies as such. He does not get to the root of the health issue. He refused to refer family members to specialists - claiming he could assist. He prescribed medications that negatively interacted with other meds. After moving to another city and having a new dr, my Grandpa found out he had very serious liver and colon cancer. He died less than 3 months later. My Grandpa had been feeling ill for over a year and Dr. Martin refused to do further tests or refer him to a specialist. By the time he switched doctors it was too late, there was nothing that could be done.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

Dr.Martin has been my doctor for several years . He has always been a good listener,has answered all my questions about medical concerns.He does care about his patience and is very proffesional . I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2009