Ratings for Dr. Adam Steacie

With the exception of 5 years that we lived in Toronto, Dr. Steacie has been our gp for the past 20 years. He is very kind & thorough. He takes the time to ask you questions & never makes you feel rushed. As far as I am concerned, he saved my husband's life 2 years ago. My husband was in terrible pain & had been misdiagnosed 5 times by other doctors in our local emerg. Finally made the 45 min. drive to Brockville to Dr. Steacie's office. He saw us without an appointment & immediately sent us over to BGH. He called ahead & also faxed a letter. As a result, at the end of the day my husband was diagnosed with lymphoma & immediately referred to the cancer hospital. If Dr. Steacie had not intervened when he did I may not have my husband with me today. Although he didn't say so while we were in his office, he told us later that he suspected it might be cancer which is why he sent us directly to the hospital. Will be forever grateful to him.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2017

Dr Steacie has been my doctor since I was 13 years old. Never had a better medical experience.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

Dr. Steacie is an excellent Family Doctor. I have found his concern for my welfare is paramount with him. Thank you Doctor Steacie.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

Dr. Steacie is an excellent, caring, professional doctor. His peers recognize his skill level, and that speaks volume. We are fortunate to have him in Brockville.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

I work with 7 doctors and 3 nurse practitioners and I really have to say that Dr. Steacie is by far the best doctor around! He is so compassionate and patient. He is always genuinely concerned. I am so thankful for him and his staff who treat me with respect and empathy when I am in for an appointment. Great job to you doctor and your staff!! Please keep up the great work! P.S. Thanks for helping me every time my back goes out!!!!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

This has got to be One of the Most Thoughtful and Caring Doctors That I have ever met! Dr. Steacie and his staff have helped me through alot of ups and downs and for that I am Very Greatful! Dr. Steacie will actually take the time and listen to any concerns, questions etc.that I may have. Not too many Doctors will do that now adays! Dr. Steacie You are the Best!!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

Very professional staff and they always listen. I am truly thankfull to have a doctor like him.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

I had a medical test done recently, and was anxiously waiting for the results. Dr. Steacie called me at home on a Sunday morning because he said he didn't want me to wait till the beginning of the week for the results. In my opinion that goes above and beyond the duties of a doctor. Really impressed me!!!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

Dr. Steacie does not pretend to have all the answers and if he doesn't know the problem he NEVER assumes it's in your head. He works with you to solve the problem. He also takes all precautions and symptoms seriously.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2012

Dr. Steacie is a very caring Dr. who takes the time to answer all your questions. Never makes you feel hurried. He doesn't have all the answers but when he doesn't he will refer you to someone who does. Went to him for several years, moved away, came back & became his patient again even though it is about a 45 min. commute. Worth it because I know I can trust him.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2012