Ratings for Dr. Michiel Van Den Hof

What a wonderful doctor who works in a team environment. I had to have emergency surgery last year due to a hematoma behind my vaginal wall. He was calm, well-informed and wonderful to everyone in the OR. I would trust him with my life!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I am currently seeing this doctor for a difficult pregnancy. I LOVE him. Very caring compassionate man. Without his calm demeanor and kind disposition, I would have lost my mind. Very very knowledgeable and doesn't miss a beat. I can't say enough.. Just an amazing doctor.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

An amazing doctor. My water broke at 18 weeks and I had a severe chronic placental abruption. The retroplacental clot was larger than the placenta itself. I needed quite a few blood transfusions. Odds were against survival in either of us. Without any doubt, without him I wouldn't have my 8 year old daughter. She was born at 28 weeks gestation. What I thought was amazing about him was that he doesn't assume just because one thing is one way in one patient that it is with another. If it was not for this, I wouldn't have gotten my blood transfusion one day because the nurses said since I was up and walking that I needed one. However he understood that because of the fact I was so used to this, that when I said I needed one, despite how the fact that upon visual inspection anyone would conclude I didn't, he trusted me and ran the labs. My hemoglobin was 62. There are many circumstances where I felt something was true and no one else believed me. But because he did is the only reason we are here. Thank you.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

We are so fortunate to have had this Dr. for our pregnancy . His bedside manner and knowledge compares to none. He never rushes through an appointment and had the kindest personality. My husband and I both loved him.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

After a scary experience with a very unqualified ultrasound tech at another hospital Dr. Van den Hof's assessment completely changed our prognoses and prevented some very invasive treatments. He not only looked after our baby, he also eased out minds.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

It will be 25 years this year, that this Dr. walked my husband and I through a very difficult pregnancy, labor, and subsequent loss of my daughter. As a nurse, I knew how high risk I was. Not only did this Dr. respect me as a nurse, but he treated me like a mother who just lost a child. Very caring and compassionate. Great follow up. Brilliant. A very kind soul with a huge heart. You, Sir, are a credit to the profession. Thank you. I went on to have 3 other daughters, but will never forget November 6, 1991.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Couldn't ask for a better doctor !!!! Honestly the best

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

The most kind hearted individual you will ever meet. His professionalism is outstanding. Being a first time mother I couldn't ask for a better doctor to ease me into motherhood.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

If it wasn't for Dr Van Den Hof my little girl wouldn't be with us today. Words could never express how much we thank him for being there for us.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

He is an amazing doctor. Extremely knowledgeable, kind, caring, and compassionate. He is very thorough and has a great sense if humour and bedside manner that puts you at ease. I love Dr. Van Den Hof!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015