Ratings for Dr. Ron Neal

A few years ago I went to see him because I kept hurting and it was hurting, I was short of breath. He took an x-ray and said well " you don't have cancer" so just put Voltarin and it will go away. Well it didn't go away and it got worse until 2 years later I went to see another MD and he told me that I had COPD (emphysema and asthma) . He told me that based on my records this was noted on my file when I saw Dr Neal and he never told me. He could have told me at the time instead of telling me to rub myself with Volteran....I don't have much respect for him anymore.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

He googled the symptoms! plus he never actually does anything. Just goes "Yeah that happens" and then says to try some advil and all with be fine. I've had stomach pains for the past 6 months, he recommended I change my diet so I did, still had stomach pains. Went back after 3-4 months and got a similar response: "drink green tea and eat more fiber". LIKE WTF!?!?!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

I just survived through PTSD. Dr Neal was supportive, caring, and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

Doctor Neal has been my physician for appx. 23 years, never in a rush, takes the time to listen. Does not treat at his patients like on a conveyer belt!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

As a young former-patient of Dr. Neal, I believe that I have a somewhat unique perspective to share. To begin with, several years ago I requested assistance for several serious mental illness symptoms and I was given pamphlets for relaxation techniques; despite returning several times with the same complaints, the advice never changed and I ultimately had to seek help from an alternative source. I was made to feel like I was over-reacting at every appointment. Furthermore, I have recently learned (after switching to a significantly better doctor - in my opinion) that I am severely anemic, and that I have been for several years. I was never informed of this by Dr. Neal, despite having completed upwards of five blood tests and complaining of the typical symptoms for years. I can honestly say that switching family doctors has significantly impacted my health for the better, and I encourage any dissatisfied patients, especially adolescents, to do the same.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2015

I love Dr. Neal. He is wonderful. In general - I am never impressed by the staff at the front desk however. They are normally unfriendly and at times, even rude. I am always surprised that there is no turnover in staff considering how rudely patients are treated- especially at a doctor's office.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

Dr, Neal is amazing, has been my physician for about 25 years. As for staff, that's a different story. At the new location there are some new faces, but perhaps some of the older faces need a talking to . I stood there one late afternoon, waiting to be checked in and one staff member kept putting people on hold to continue her personal conversation about an accident she had. I can count on one hand how many times she has been professional, perhaps she is too comfortable with a seniority.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Dr. Neal has been our family physician for many years. He is very knowledgeable, caring and we consider ourselves very to have him as our doctor. The only issue I have is with one member of the office staff who is rude, unprofessional and incompetent.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Been seeing Dr. Neal for appx. 21 years, great doctor, takes time listen,very friendly, always smiling. Happy to have him. Front staff, different story.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2014

I've been with Dr. Neal for 21 years. He USED to be a great doctor and provided very helpful advice. In the past year or so his staff has been unprofessional and he made some careless mistakes. I had a blood test done and was later advised that I had high cholesterol and that I should go on a lifestyle change for 6 months. I was skeptical since I am only 21, and I did not understand why he didn't order another blood test to confirm. I called the clinic a month later to ask for a blood req, upon which I had to deal with an incredibly RUDE nurse who said that the clinic closes at 5pm so Dr. Neal wouldn't be able to do it (it was 4pm when I called), and she would not leave my message for him either. I work as a receptionist at another clinic so I asked one of the doctors I work with for a blood req and discovered (less than 6 months and no change in diet) that my cholesterol was COMPLETELY NORMAL. Horrible experience and not the only one I had to deal with...

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013