Ratings for Dr. Elisabeth Gold

I found her to be patient and supportive and helped me when no other doctor had done so. I am grateful. Receptionist was terrific as well.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2015

Knowledgable and compassionate, listened and let me tell my story, offered options

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

So far I have nothing but positive things to say about her. She's has experience with my issues, has a plan of attack and has given me faith that I may find a solution. It's a long wait between appointments because she is in pretty high demand (rated people’s choice best doc in Halifax for a few years) but she’s great. She’s had a full career, gone into retirement and resumed her practice because she cares. I’d been having progressive pain and fatigue as well as other symptoms for ten years and my husband’s collogue, an OBG in the US, urged me to look into it. He thought there were hormone and ovarian issues. I was assured when the first thing out of her mouth was have you had your hormones checked? After seeing several walk in doctors in my quest to find a GP, my GP and OGB in NS, not one of them had checked out my hormones.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

So far I have nothing but positive things to say about her. She is taking my concerns seriously, seems to have heard of these sorts of issues before and has a plan of attack. She's given me some faith that I may find a solution o problems which have been causing me pain for years.

Submitted December 5, 2014

Dr. Gold is the worst doctor I have ever seen. I am relieved to hear she shut her practice so no one else has to be inflicted with her creepy, ice-cold demeanor. She never smiled, she talked over you, not letting you explain your problem. I had very obvious symptoms of a significant hormonal imbalance. She refused to refer me to a specialist. Because of her outright negligence and lack of concern, my condition went untreated and I continued to get sicker and sicker by the time I found a doctor who cared to investigate. Because of Dr. Gold, I became morbidly obese due to untreated Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and suffer severe, chronic health problems as a result. Extreme negligence. I should have filed a formal complaint against her. 20 years later and her negligence still lives with me everyday. She contributed to the destruction of my health. I will NEVER forgive her. She is a truly horrible person, completely unsuited to being a doctor. I don't know how she ever got a license.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2013

flag | Submitted August 24, 2012

I often let a few concerns accumulate before visiting a doctor, so I might see a doctor once or twice a year, as I'm generally healthy. I saw Dr. Gold once because she worked in a clinic where my massage therapist worked and he referred me to her for a few concerns I had. She presented as cold and unconcerned. I asked her about the first thing and the second thing, and when I raised the third concern, she told me that we had time for just this last one. I was not in her office for more than five minutes. She was dismissing my concerns. As I said, I don't run to doctors for minor things. These were legitimate concerns that another doctor later helped me with. Dr. Gold is a self-indulgent, pretentious **** who needs to find a new profession, one where manners are not necessary.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2012

I saw Dr Gold for about 15 years, and trusted her. I appreciated that she didn't resort to pills or just the treatment of the symptom, but instead looked for the deeper causes. But when I began to suffer from severe back pain, she dismissed me, refused me painkillers, and ignored my complaints for almost a year. I was unable to walk and in constant unbearable pain. Finally she begrudgingly agreed to send me for an MRI which revealed a disk so badly herniated that it required immediate surgical removal. During the entire ordeal, she treated me as though I were drug-seeking, even though she had no basis for this assumption. I never saw her again, as my trust in her had been utterly destroyed.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2009

I went to Dr Gold for approx 10 yrs and she is the absolute best doctor, listens to you, is open minded, not a pill pusher, treats you as an individual, and is very aware as how the environment, and stress affect a persons health, that is their mind and bodies. Most doctors do not think this way. I now live in Alberta, dr's love to give prescriptions for whatever you want, they are not very aware of alternatives, have 6 rooms to put each patient in, plus the waiting area. a wait of 3 hours is the usual, and you have 5-10 min to explain your health, after waiting this long time. Then they prescribe drugs! Who knows a person in 5-10 minutes??Dr Gold is one in a million and I wish her every success, she has helped me tremendously and I do miss her. I would rather treat myself than go to a doctor here. They in fact, most doctors do not do preventative, they wait untill after the fact, when they have an illness. NO WONDER THE COST FOR THE MEDIAL SYSTEM IS ENORMOUS.When will gov't wake up!!!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

This doctor uses her medical credentials to recommend non-medical methods.I experienced this personally over and over and the difference was never explained to me either. I had to figure it out on my own.....

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009