Ratings for Dr. Nicholas Dorah

Dr Dorah is great with our kids, they are very comfortable with him, and he is always very gentle, always makes time to answer any and all questions. Yes, he does show up late sometimes, but people need to realize that he goes to the hospital to check on patients there before heading in, so just think of it this way, if it was your child in the hospital, and there was an emergency, wouldn't you want him to help? Or would you rather he just leaves in the middle of taking care of your child at the hospital to go to his office? Emergencies aren't planned, things happen, and personally, if he's late because of needing to be at the hospital, that makes me feel confident that he will take good care of my children. It drives me nuts that people think Dr's can talk about why they are running late, and that their time is more important than possibly saving a child's life. I'm sure there are times, he is just late, but sometimes you need to not make assumptions that he thinks your time isn't important, sometimes his time at the hospital, IS more important than your time.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Dr Doraha and Starr are amazing and my son loves him! He is so gentle and always caring :)

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

He is a nice enough guy, but we've never come to him with any major problems. My last 2 appointments I've had to wait in an exam room with a 3 year old for a half hour after my scheduled appointment just to see him walk in and not even bother to make an excuse or apologize for starting my appointment 45 mins late. Drives me nuts that doctors think their time is more important than mine.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Dr. Dorah and his staff are very kind and gentle. He eased my concerns when my daughter first had jaundice (when she was born) , and let us come in with short notice when she had a cold. His receptionist/nurse was so sweet too. We are very lucky to have them in St. Catharines.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

Wished I felt like I could ask him questions without feeling like I was bothering or inconviencing him. He's quick, courteous... but when I ask questions he treats as if I'm anxious or overreacting, when really I'm just a first time mom with questions. Other than that, he does great assessments and is always polite.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

Met me, asked me questions about my son, typed up the answers on his computer keyboard, went to check out my son and stuck his filthy unwashed hands in my 3-week-old's mouth. Why am I diligently sanitizing nipples, bottles, and soothers just for a doctor to stick an office-full of germs into my infant's mouth?! Not impressed!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

Terrible staff, if I could give minus stars I would. They're rude, they measure incorrectly and they will hang up on you. Doctors okay, bit slow though.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

He knows his stuff, explains clearly and never talks down to me, and is very polite and friendly. He used to lack a bit on his punctuality, but has really improved on this as of late. He is straight up, to the point, very accommodating- nothing more you could ask for. I have nothing but good things to say about him!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

So so so slow!!! Making little children wait should be a crime

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Dr Dorah is excellent with my daughter. His one secretary Barb is super nice but the other one is just down right rude about everything. His punctuality is lacking but other then that I find he is good with my child

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015