Ratings for Dr. Brian Morris

Dr. Morris has been my family doctor for my whole life. He dosent put enough effort into your needs, he pushes it off to the side and tell you how you're feeling. They don't know how to pick up a phone and they sound miserable when they do pick up. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

No one ever answers the phone. He forgets things he's supposed to do. Like immunizations. Anyone have a better Dr in Barrie?

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

I have to say that Dr. Morris is an amazing pallative care Dr.! He looked after my sister for 18 years with her cancer, and I have never seen a more tentative caring Dr when it came time to my sister's death. He was there every time we called him to come to the house. He was compassionate and caring like no other Dr I've ever seen! So grateful that we had him in our time of need. Bless you Dr.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Can never get through on the phone. It's difficult to be a client when there is no one on the other end to help. Especially when you are prescribed something and cannot get through to renew the prescription. The one time I got through, I was assured Dr. Morris got my message. Not believing this, I called back to confirm. It's now been over a week and no response. His staff is awful, not helpful, rude, inconsiderate. Great doctor, but not worth it with the staff he has.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

I switched to Brian Morris's care when I married my husband since he was his patient and he was closer to where we lived. BIG MISTAKE. First let me say that Jen Hartford is an amazing nurse practitioner, but she has since left Dr. Morris' practice and I honestly think we would be better off without a family doctor at this point. When my husband injured his ankle Jen suggested an x-ray which Dr. Morris refused and he also refused to refer him to a physiotherapist. My husband was in his early 20s at the time and a few years later it still hurts - Dr. Morris' response to this was "it's just something you'll have to live with". The nurse practitioner who replaced Jen also told me that since I wasn't giving my children their shots there was "really no point in coming in" for monthly or bi-monthly checkups from birth - 1 year. The icing on the cake was when my husband hurt his back at work. Our chiropractor misdiagnosed it as a sprain/strain so when his WSIB coverage ran out he referred us to our family doctor to get a new diagnosis that it was a more serious injury that needed more chiropractic care in order to heal. Dr. Morris' bias against chiropractic work and attitude towards anyone on WSIB was made quite clear, as he commented that the chiropractor probably wasn't helping and that time was doing the healing. When my husband told him that he'd like to be able to hold his kids again and play with them for more than a few minutes he again said something to the effect of "it's just something you'll have to live with". Again - no order for an x-ray, and my husband is 26!! Very disappointed. Even the woman and WSIB laughed at his "all knowing" manner by not requesting an x-ray, and when my husband told his chiropractor he was not getting a new diagnosis or x-ray completed he knew without asking who our family doctor was. WORST. DOCTOR. EVER. (And yes, Anne the receptionist sounds like she hates life and the entire world around her every time she answers the phone).

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Dr. Morris has been my family's physician since my sisters and I were babies. I would like to say he is a wonderful doctor, but he is not. I was diagnosed with sever anxiety in my teens and all he does is plow me with anti-depressants without even offering counseling first. Being young and thinking my Doctor obviously knows best, I wasted three years of my life on a mind-numbing drug that screwed up my college life. Not only that, but I later found out that the drug I had been prescribed is a terrible drug, especially for someone my age at the time. The receptionist Anne is a complete waste of space, I have had to go to the walk-in clinic multiple times in recent months because not only is the doctor not available or in the office half the time, but I can never get through over the phone!! I called at intervals of 5 minutes for over two hours one day trying to make an appointment only to get a busy signal! and when I finally got through I was told by Anne ( in her oh so enthusiastic "I love life" tone) that of course there was no availability because Dr. Morris was not in, and the other doctor was unavailable. I tried to share my concern about having to go to a walk-in clinic yet again and she HUNG UP ON ME! If he didn't have my entire family history and it wasn't so difficult to find another family doctor I would switch!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Very hard to get ahold of the office, phone is never answered, it is very frustrating!!!!! The Nurse practitioner is way more worthwhile

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

He sucks. Very good at recommending Advil. Wish there were more options in Barrie.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

I have had Dr. Morris as my family doctor my entire life as he delivered both me and my sister. I find him fantastic to go see, as he will listen to my concerns and then walk me through what is going on and how he can help. He is very understanding of my anxiety, and will take extra care to put me at ease by explaining everything simply and in detail. He never thinks any of my concerns are pointless, and will recommend me to specialists when he wants to be sure of his diagnosis. Anne is fantastic too, she may seem gruff, but she is very helpful and does her best to get you in as soon as possible. There have been times where I have called and she has gotten me in immediately. I can't sing enough praises for this entire medical team.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

Dr. Morris is typical of most doctors; he most likely cannot determine what is causing your symptoms, so he just has to try to treat the symptoms or mask them with drugs. The more I read about and understand medicine the more I realize that doctors and scientists have limited knowledge about the functioning of the human body. They can't cure things because they can't clearly identify the problems until a system completely fails and by then it is too late. We would love to have a 2'nd opinion but that is not permitted in a public health system.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014