Ratings for Dr. James R. Laferriere

Very disappointed he is gone! I loved that he was able to answer our questions. He isn't the type of doctor that needs to spoon-feed info or baby talk his answers. He has been our doctor since my 18 yr old was 2. He is an awesome doc! We just miss him! The Proue's

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

We Love this Dr. Why won't they tell me where he is ....and why he left.. we can't stand the other 2 female AD HD Dr.'s , they make us feel like we are in kindergarten and give a text book lesson every time we HAVE TO see them as back up's ... Dr. Lafferrier treats us like parents/ adults..and is stern with our boy, not all soft and babyish to him. Very unhappy that he is MIA.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

I was really sad to get the notification from clinic saying he is no longer practicing there. He was the primary pediatrician for both of my boys. I kept making the drive to the clinic even after we moved because I trusted him. Not too happy to have to look for a new doctor, didn't have a good experience with his back ups.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

I just received a letter yesterday that he is no longer practicing at Allina in Champlin. When I called to get his forwarding address they couldn't tell me anything. I'm a little upset because he has always been the greatest pediatritian I've ever come across. He took time with all three of my children, always made sure to explain things completely to me. He has called me back promptly every time I've called with a question and never hurried us out of his office. All three of my kids will miss him dearly, and I hope we hear he's just moved clinics. If he has retired I'd love to just thank him for his many years in his medical practice. Bridget Schilling (Gwen, Grace, and Jaxon)

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

Dr. Laferriere, in my opinion, is the best pediatrician I've ever come across. Someone else mentioned he doesn't make eye contact, but that's no issue for us. I much prefer a doctor (like him) whose knowledge and judgments are extraordinary. My 6-year-old boys love him (and his Snoopy tie and wry humor). If you can do without eye contact or you don't have a wry sense of humor, go elsewhere, but if you care about your child's health, go to him. He has gotten us through every conceivable incident, accident and disease with ease, always returns phone calls, and has gone out of his way to network with others and give us information on my autistic child's issues.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

We have used Dr. Laferriere for several years now formy sons ADHD. He has always been friendly and helpful. I always feel we get an honest opinion, and all the options we need for my sons therapy. We have never felt rushed in our appts, and all my questions are always answered; and hereturns phone calls promptly. My son likes him, and that's half the battle in finding a good doctor.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

He was our back-up doctor when our toddler's doctor was unavailable. He does not even make eye contact and makes you feel like you are a wasting his time. Perhaps he is burnt out. We have since left this clinic for a more child friendly enviroment. One of several reasons we left this clinic was we did not want to have him as a doctor if our primary doctor was not available (who was about to leave on maternity leave).

flag | Submitted May 19, 2011

Dr. Laferriere has served as our backup pediatrician when we have not been able to see our primary doctor on short notice. We don't like his manner, or trust his thoroughness. Maybe he is knowledgable, but we have not trusted some of his recommendations for care. Multiple times we have left our visit with him feeling like we needed a 2nd opinion.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011

VERY abrasive. Has good knowledge but is pompous and abrasive.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2009

Dr. James R. Laferriere's Credentials

• UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS MEDICAL SCHOOL (Grad. 1981)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan