Ratings for Dr. Maureen Shandling

This doctor is a complete lunatic. She's dangerous and extremely ill informed. Her knowledge base is terrible. She's probably the most arrogant troll I've ever had an appointment with. She rushed through my appointment and didn't listen to a word I said. Guess she's more concerned about pretending to be a big wig then caring for basic human life. The only part of my appointment that I enjoyed was the magazine from 2005 that I got to read while I waited for her.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

Terrible across the board. Secretary was very nice. Activiely ask your GP or whoever is referring you to a neurologist to not refer you to Dr. Shandling under any circumstances. I waited months for an appointment and it should have been with a different neurologist. Spare yourself.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Dr. Shandling is a horrible neurologist! I waited almost 6 months to see her and it was such a waste of time. Not only was she an hour late but she only saw me for about two minutes and then told me to take anti-depressants. She didn't even have a chance to close the door before she started asking me about my history and she went through it so quick i felt like I had to rush so she could get out the door. Really sad that these doctors are employed and don't do anything to help their patients. I have been in tremendous amounts of pain in my head for over a year so I'm sure there is something physiologically wrong that she just didn't have the time to care about. Of course she prescribes antidepressants, easy fix for her!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

We were very pleased with Dr. Shandling's knowledge and professionalism in evaluating my condition. She was empathetic and thorough and clearly explained her findings. She worked expeditiously over the busy holiday period to have further investigation of my case carried out.

Submitted January 10, 2016

Very clear and straightforward. Was open to any questions but we didn't need to ask anything.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2014

Absolutely terrible and dismissive attitude. Very unsympathetic, rude and lacking in knowledge with respect to migraine headaches. She should definitely not take referrals for headache patients.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2013

Dr Shandling took the time to explain everything to me. She was very nice and polite and thorough. Dr Shandling showed genuine compassion and was able to set me at ease in the face of what could have been a difficult diagnosis. If you are able to get a referral, she is the best there is.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2012

At first, I was a little disconcerted by Dr. Shandling's seeming lack of empathy while she conducted her examination. Although she was very thorough, I still expected her report to mirror her abrupt manner. I was, therefore, quite surprised when I read the report, which was extremely professional, unbiased and inciteful. A good bedside manner, though pleasing, is not necessarily a measurement of a doctor's ability to diagnose a problem. I would recommend Dr. Shandling to anyone who is looking for answers, and not merely for a sympathetic listener.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2009

I cannot express an opinion on how knowledgeable Dr. Shandling is but her manners are pretty bad. The first time she saw me, she wasn't bad and just told me my problem were probably a one time thing. When they happened again, I went back to see her. Her words were a very rude: "What are you doing back here?" But she took me seriously and sent me to a pain specialist who took good care of me.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Deplorable bedside manners. You look at her and she looks at you....seems confused and lost type of person. Personality of a door knob. Case in point! Down right disgusting if you'd ask me.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2008