Ratings for Dr. Daniel Wiener

Dr Wiener was an incredible doctor. He was very compassionate and always helped me out with any problems I may have had. I miss him tremendously. Thank you for taking care of me for 28 years. Mary-Lena.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

We are former patients of Dr. Wiener’s and, like you, we are very saddened by this death. He was a conscientious, devoted, and caring doctor. We will all miss him very much.Like you, we have been left without a gynecologist/obstetrician as no one has stepped forward to take over Dr. Wiener’s practice. As there is a shortage of this type of specialist in the Montreal area, we are facing the prospect of not being able to find another doctor. This is all the more difficult if one does not have a family doctor who can take over some of the duties or at least refer you to one. We would like to know how many of you are looking for a new Ob/Gyn doctor? We would like to know how many have not been able to get a new doctor so that we can petition the government for help. If you would like to add your name to our petition, please send us an email to danielwienerpatients@yahoo.ca. We believe that by working together, we can help each other. Barbara Freedman and Katherine McWhaw

flag | Submitted November 19, 2008

It is with great sadness to hear that he passed away. You really put up a fight. You will greatly be missed you have been one of the best gynies. This is the 2nd gynie that passes away on me. Where do I go now?? Many docs are not accepting new patients. You know, you have always greeted me with a smile. You were there for me when I needed your help. My deepest sympathies to your family. My God be with you and the angels around you. Good-bye Dr. Weiner. Nadia

flag | Submitted November 14, 2008

My deepest sympathies go out to Dr. Wiener's family. Dr. Wiener & Christine were a great team. I had an appointment with Dr. Wiener the week he passed away, I was sadly told that he passed away and didn't get to see him. He delivered both my boys. He was very knowledgeable and compassionte. He took care of me for 22 years. You will be sadly missed by me, my mom and my sisters. It will be very difficult to replace you. May you rest in peace. Good-Bye Dr. Wiener.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2008

My dear Dct Weiner,you have been taking care of me for the last 20 years. You have delivered my heathy daughter and have been great support throughout my cancer battle. You have been attentive, funny and always a great human being. You will be sadly missed.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2008

Dr Weiner and Cristine are a great team. My mom has been seeing him for 20 years and I have been seeing him for 10. During the ice storm of '98 Cristine was sifting thru many overdue patients file's due to the 2 weeks or so of down time and came across my mom's. She called her and pushed my mom to schedule an appt right away. She did and luckily Cristine called when she did. My mom had breast cancer and had not been for a mammogram in nearly 2 yrs. Luckily she was in early stages and was able to be treated. When my mom received the results she was greeted at the office with compassion and many hugs by both Cristine, Debbie (receptionist) and Dr Weiner. They saved my mother's life and I will be forever greatful. I know he is fighting his own battle now and I wish him all the best and good health for many years to come. For everyone he has saved it's the least he deserves. Some of do have bad days once in a while, we're human.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2008

I have mixed feelings about Dr Weiner. He seems to be a great obstetrician but when it comes to him as a gynecologist, I am not so sure. Healthy babies are great but he should be more interested in treating gynecological diseases and I get the sense it bores him. Maybe he has a hard time coping with illnesses on a personal level. The cancellation fees and all other fees are a bit over the top. Feels like a money grabber to me. Hope his health will improve and wish him the best in his personal fight with cancer.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2008

I have been a patient of Dr. Wiener's for 23 years. He has seen me through three pregnancies and the regular gynecological issues over the years. I liked him as a gynecologist but I LOVED him as an obstetrician. I don't know if many people know that ob's are paid for 10 visits for each pregnancy but he saw me every time I needed him (at least double) and he did so with a reassuring smile. He delivered two of my kids (one after having been on call all night). This man is a truly caring dr. He is knowledgeable and honest and if he is running behind schedule it is because he is usually delivering a baby or giving everyone the time and attention they deserve. The office is organized and discreet and when tests or procures are done, follow up is taken care of. His nurse is amazing.I would not see anyone else because I know I am getting excellent medical care.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2008

I have been a pt with Dr. Weiner for over 30yrs and have always had great confidence until now. I had an unforseen situation which lead me to cancel an appointment then the next time I saw him he presented me with a bill of $40.00 for the missed appointment. First he accused me of not showing up, I explained I had cancelled by phone which is difficult to get through and I was told by the reception since I was unaware of a cancellation fee it was waivered but that from now it would be implemented. He told with MUCH anger that I had not given enough notice. At that moment I lost all my confidence in him and saw him as an angry money grabbing little man no longer a compassionate doctor. I believe a doctor who carries so much anger and resentment is no longer caring or effective. It is time for him to retire.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2008

I was looking up my daughter's pediatrician on ratemd.com, and decided to look up my other doctors. And couldn't help posting, I've been a patient of Dr. Wiener's for 10 yrs,and he is a great doctor. This in defense of a negative comment that was posted saying that he's "a disgrace to the medical field". That's a little harsh, especially when this person doesn't have their facts straight. If you do a little research they would know that: Oral Contraceptive Pills and Progestational Agents SUCH AS(Provera, medroxyprogesterone acetate)are used in order to control bleeding when there are fibroids. Women with heavy menstrual periods and fibroids are often prescribed hormonal medications to try to reduce bleeding and regulate their menstrual cycle. The medications WILL NOT cause fibroids to shrink NOR will it cause them to grow at a faster rate.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2008