Ratings for Dr. William W. Lau

Dr.Lau is a very nice and funny person, but I would not go to him for anything that could be at-risk of being serious. I was misdiagnosed twice by him and ended up getting very sick(hospitalization required once) as he does not take symptoms seriously. He is fantastic for regular check-ups, strep, infections, vaccines, and med renewals as he is very quick.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2018

Arrogant and always rushes. Worst dr. I still cant understand how he is a "dr"

flag | Submitted May 19, 2018

I've been a patient of Dr. Lau's for over 40 years and never did he not listen to me nor my children. my daughter always had ear infections every 2 weeks and he took good care of her every time I entered into the office , I don't know why everybody says he's rude, I never felt that way with him, very polite to me and my children

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

This doctor is the most condescending person I have ever met. He does not listen to his patients and yells at you when you ask questions. He insisted that infertility tests do not exist, which is false. I asked him to give me a test for strep throat and he continuously told me there was nothing wrong with me. I ended up going to another clinic to get tested and was prescribed antibiotics for 2 weeks. He refuses to take his job seriously and he's a joke of a doctor. I am getting a referral to switch GP's immediately.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Mon mari a recu un diagnostic de diabète à la suite d'une visite à l'hopital, comme il avait été dans cette clinique 7 ans passé pour un rhume il a appris à l'hopital qu'il avait un médecin de famille et que c'était le Dr. Lau, alors nous sommes allés sur internet pour avoir l'adresse et # de tél, on nous dit de se rendre à Laval, et que nous n'avons pas le choix car il est notre médecin de famille nous habitons à 85 kilomètres de ce centre. Quel visite désastreuse, c'est un inconscient et aucune compassion après nous avoir fait sentir comme des imbéciles il prescrit à mon mari des médicaments en lui disant que s'il ne les prennaient pas il pourrait mourrir, alors mon mari part en panique commence la médication pour se rendre compte que celui ne lui fait pas, alors on retourne le voir on se fait recevoir après 4.5 heures d'attente pour se faire dire qu'il imagine que ca ne lui fait pas et de se faire dire par le Dr. Lau qu'il est le meilleur, et ca dans 4.5 minutes dans son bureau. C'est bizarre car par la suite nous sommes allés dans une clinique sans rendez-vous et on lui a passé une radio et effectivement il a quelque chose à la gorge. Alors conclusion il faut être très mal pris pour voir ce médecin et malheureusement dans notre cas nous n'avions pas le choix mais à partir de maintenant je peux vous dire que même si nous sommes en train de mourrir nous n'irons plus le voir c'est presque qu'un charlatan et il n'y a rien qu'on puisse faire pour arrêter ca. En plus il n'est même pas capable d'avoir un répondeur en disant quand il part en vacance et on se déplace pour rien Bravo quel champion

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

This doctor is terrible. Much of the time he either says "there's nothing wrong with you", or he doesn't know for himself and you have to tell him yourself of the diagnosis that you suspect, and then he'll say "you're right, it might be that." He has absolutely no patience and does not seem to care about anything, and on balance is one of the worst doctors that I have ever had the mispleasure of using. I would only recommend him if you need to refill a prescription or get a referral, because his waiting times can be shorter than other doctors.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

I would like to thank Dr William Lau for everything he has done for me, my family and friends. He is welcoming, attentive and honest. Many people don't understand Dr Lau the reason is because I am sure he is fedup with patients who are not really sick or try to get a doctor note for work or school reasons. Instead of complaining and criticizing him I suggest most of you eat well, excercise and have a good night sleep so you won't need a doctor. He is working really to help and heal people and not listen to your dishonest motives. He is puntual and always available. If you don't appreciate and recognize his approach im the medical field I suggest you close your file and give place for other people. Thank you staff , you are always there for us as well.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

Horrible doctor! He does not listen to his patients so his assessments are wrong! He never checks vital signs and makes his secretaries write his doctor notes from him! He opens at 9am but you need to wait until 930am for him to start taking patients because he needs to eat breakfast with his staff and then come noon they stop taking patients to eat breakfast, but they close at 1pm! His only concern his receiving money from the RAMQ. If you need a referral for a blood test than I recommend him. If you need to be seen, you should avoid him!

Submitted January 16, 2017

If you are registered with this doctor I suggest you request a change of doctor at RAMQ as quickly as possible. This doctor doesn't seem interested in listening or helping patients. They just want to swipe your medicare card and get you out of the office as quickly as possible, with little explanation as possible to help the patient. Dr.Lau will prescribe unnecessary medication very quickly to you and your children. Medication that could be more harmful than your original ailment. If you value your health do not go see this doctor.

Submitted September 14, 2016

Very rude and impolite, does not respect his patients, he always makes you feel that he is doing you a favour, does not take the time to understand your condition, does not give you time to talk, just wants to pass the Medicare card.

Submitted June 9, 2016