Ratings for Dr. Andrew Bishop

He sucks, not helpful at all!!! He needs to learn to listen to the people that come to emerg for medical help Wouldn't recommend him

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

Excellent bedside manner. Dr Bishop takes the time to explain everything and is not at all judgmental.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2016

Extremely thorough and thoughtful. Efficient and effective. Great job!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016

I took my mother there for chest pain , which she had been seen in another hospital for , he took all the appropriate measures to rule out cardiac and gallbladder , liver and respiratory problems , and still was unsure in the end with all test coming back normal , he then referred her to a cardiologist to be just that thorough !!!! Would bring all my loved ones to this doc..

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

Excellent. Took time and was very thorough in diagnosing my wife's severe pain while pregnant with twins. Seemed to really care and explained everything very well! Took time to consult with both the ob and the general surgeon on call. One of the best experiences we have had with a doctor at st thomas ER and we've been there a few times. Very impressed!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

He was great with kids. My son 2 1/2 had feelings of fear that quickly turned into feeling of laughter and sillies!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

I am blown away by what people are saying here. I have had Dr.Bishop 3 times now at the Elgin-General Hospital and each time found him to be extremely efficient, attentive, compassionate and knowledgable. We brought my daughter in with what turned out to be first time parent panick and he calmly explained to us all the reasons why what we were seeing was nothing to panick about and that it was ok to be over cautious, and that it was a natural reaction. Odd, its almost like the Dr.Bishop we saw and the one described here are two different people. I wouldn't hesitate to have him take care of me again.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

I'm not sure where this man was educated but i can surely say it wasn't to become a doctor. Clown Collage perhaps?? Gave wrong information, wrong medication and wrong dosage for the medication. If at all possible avoid this "doctor" and wait for the shift change so you can get helpful service. This man may cost you or your loved ones life.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2010

Great doctor!!! I had execellent care by Dr. Bishop and by the staff at the hospital

flag | Submitted January 31, 2009

I think Dr Bishop is an excellent physician, very compassionate and thorough, and caring. I was treated for a very serious infection and he quickly made a diagnosis, had me started on antibiotics, and admitted. He was generous with his time and explained things to my family very easily. I was discharged home in much better shape than when I came in. I can't believe that the Dr Bishop I know could be described as above. I feel for the family that lost a daughter, but, sadly tragedies happen, and even doctors with more experience and training miss things. Patients are seen according to acuity in an ER, and if your vital signs are normal, than it seems appropriate that even a physician takes 2 minutes to eat, as doctors are people too. They don't have a union which gives them 1 hour for lunch and two 15 minute breaks!! If you are really sick, Dr Bishop would save your life!! Thanks Dr Bishop

flag | Submitted February 4, 2008